Why are there never any games/lobbies in AOE DE

Hi @FlameAngel5120,

There is a known issue with being able to find lobbies in the lobby browser which may make it appear as though there are less players online than reality. There is a new Game I.D. in the created game lobby but without an option to search for a Game. I.D. in the game browser, it only benefits the devs at this point.

As far as player population issues, there are several issues which started with the game re-release on Steam. Most DM players prefer the old client due to a few changes including unit collision. The functional unranked lobby system on the old client was replaced by a version which made it difficult to arrange new games. Player feedback on all the new changes has been ignored for months which has not gone over well with the community.

Thankfully with the latest game update some of the restrictive unranked multiplayer UI has been removed and now players can adjust the number of players after the lobby has been created, just like we could before the crossplay release.

Lately I’m seeing more players online which I attribute to the definitive edition bundle, which is encouraging. I hope it continues. I’m also hoping the updates will continue to come out and more of the mistakes from the Steam launch can be undone.