Why are we actually playing it? Do you still enjoy the game?

Aoe4 campains are short, limited and monotone. :expressionless:

The game is lacking creativity, the map is just a painted floor, whit over size buildings, to hide the missing content.

The the units are all the same and the game mecanic is made to ruin it self.

There game is resumed to wonder rush or mass canon, there is no batle going on .

1 Like

For example, the battle of the Kalka river on AoE4 is just “Kill a 1000 units with a 100 units” on an empty map.

Compare that with the same mission in AoE2 where you play the same mission from the perspective of the cumans.

The missions in AoE4 don’t have much story going behind them. It’s either you start with an army and have to capture something or defeat another army. Or you start with a base and have to defend it.

1 Like

I’m tired of seeing the same civ again and again every match (we all know who they are). So I decided to stop playing for awhile until Relic do some proper balance changes

1 Like

short for the ones who dont want to enjoy them and just rush them , i take 1 hour to finish every mission just bc i actually enjoy and want to explore the map of every mission.

This is so fake , man idk if you are playing on low graphics but see this :

You can feel the medieval touch they put into making every map , every map has its own secrets with relics and more.

Man the game mechanic is almost the same as other aoe games , lmao

Now you are talking about mp gameplay? Dude do you know what are you actually talking about ? or just saying things that are not in the context to actually extend your point?

3 Likes

this is true but i think that the whole “story” behind are the short documentaries though .

I am actually enjoying every single mission of aoe4 , maybe you did enjoy the campaings of aoe2 and aoe3 bc when it first dropped it was revolucianary but i was a kid back then when aoe2 released so for me those were boring.

Y҉e҉s҉ y҉e҉s҉ y҉e҉s҉ y҉e҉s҉ y҉e҉s҉ y҉e҉s҉ y҉e҉s҉ y҉e҉s҉ y҉e҉s҉

1 Like

Bombards should be deleted from game…

2 Likes

Their presence is a welcome one to crush in the late game, but they will need some adjustments to make something else a bit viable as well.

why are there other units if siege(bombards)waste all in front?
there is no pint having so many units but use most siege…

I both agree and disagree with you… in the sense that I also found the campaign fun.

But if you look at the videos, they jump narrative in weird ways that I didn’t really like.

For instance, Rus campaign. After Tokhtamysh sacked Moscow and Prince Dmitry fled, the narrative suddenly shifts a 100 years later when Moscow is powerful again and wants to conquer Novgorod. At that point I was more interested in learning how Moscow became powerful again.

Neither gameplay nor narrative talks about it, making the campaign clunky in my opinion.

4 Likes

Look at the farm, it is cool 3d grass, and look are the bare land, it is flat and empty. The land level is beyound flat.

Look at those flat painted roads, where are the 3d structure of the road? You can’t even place them your self, since they are structur bound and don’t even affect game play, making me wonder wy they are their in the first place.

I am clearely not impress by the auto generated square fence and bush fence. Units pass trouth them like if they were none existent. Wy did they not populate the hose and make the outside installation grow over time, is beyond my comprehhension

Also, the mission are clearely short, making me wonder wy there is a save game in the first place. There could have been alot more content in every mission. Skipping years of history, to focus just a moment in time.

When they said that they want the game to be a education tool and say it is historic acurate, i clearely see they miss the target, when i look at buildings proportion ( square and tiny) and ar units attack behavior (unman nucleair tank canon, mass mind control monk, clearely that stop charge to attack ground enemy from horse, units that are static stone and unable to push each other, jaming every where.

I think many people just need to learn2play. You cant win this game just by siege weapons.

Some people just hate water maps. But waters and islands, really add some flavor to the game. On me, I love it. And I am just playing against Hardest AI.

I thought they are OP. I cant beat the hardest AI with just atomic ships. Some people really just need to learn2play.

Becoz if you dont wall up, you’re dead on this game. And how do you break the walls? “Siege”.

If you’re noob, you are letting your opponent to Castle up. Even the freaking AI castle up. And if I just turtle myself peacefully around my walls, the AI would just make a Wonder with tons of Castles around it. Good luck with breaking its Wonder. Some awesome players destroy those players who turtle.

The game is not perfect. But the game is playable. I like it. I love it. I am not going to compare this game to an almost perfect game like StarCraft2. I would just disappoint myself. It’s a perfect change of pace playing StarCraft2 for years. And I like it.

1 Like

Even springalds cannot counter them. They need to be nerfed for sure.

1 Like

Dude, I really wouldn’t call others out to “l2p” if you only hustle against AI. Most here don’t consider even hardest a challenge and I made also sure to first queue up when I can beat hardest AI always comfortable in most scenarios. And I get my ■■■ handed regularly because most people are more adaptive and imaginative than an AI.

2 Likes

I do hustle against hardest AI even on Island/Water maps where I cant cheese the AI. I know if I am against a human player, it would be harder just like on StarCraft2. But I destroy the hardest elitiest AI on SC2. It means I can destroy many human players too as many Human players cant beat the hardest AI without cheesing but I can beat the AoE4 AI without towers/ram cheeses.

What I was saying on my comment above is that the AI Castle up too… not just Human players. Towers and Castles/Keeps are major part of defense on this game. Not having one would make you become a noob. So get used to it. Everyone would have towers, Castles and Keeps.

it haves cool prefabs and roads , not to mention that it haves a layer of 3d grass on them , but the camera is tilted and you cannot see it.

Just for decorative purposes ofc , also if you zoom in you will see the details.

Because this game is an RTS and not an FPS game with 600 details , the important thing about an rts its the gameplay , not the details and i think they did prety well with the details if we compare it to other games in the franchise.

If you rush it yes , but id spend 1 hour in every mission exploring all the details . i have a video if you want to see why i did that,

This is what every campaing of EVERY aoe game ever , not sure why its a point but ok.

To be historic acuarate they dont need to make the buildings scaled 1:1 in real scale . Its about fun and learning , wich they succedeed .

Man LITERALLY they can push each other , just go into the game and make a mass army and then click on the unit at the center of the army and see it for your self. I EVEN can make a video if you dont believe me

i agree with this statement.

At a certain point in life, old age starts to creep into your rating of experiences, and it really hits hard against new games in a series that you started playing decades prior.

When I watched some of the AoE4 campaigns being played, I was slowly being lulled to sleep by it all. That isn’t to say the campaigns aren’t new and fun for a lot of people, but once you’ve experienced so many different campaigns, objectives, dynamic events, etc., etc., and have become jaded to different stylistic choices (or lack thereof) for the artwork, it becomes difficult to say anything positive about them if they aren’t really spectacular. Not to mention that, if you’re old, you probably already know all of the historical side of things in greater depth than the campaigns can teach you.

The campaigns in this game were, for me, for the above, unbearable.

That is an exciting activity when you are younger, or sometimes when there is an awful lot of entertaining detail crammed into the campaigns, but it takes time to play an hour in every mission, especially when completing the objectives doesn’t necessitate the work.

All in all, I’m happy that many people are happy with the campaigns.

2 Likes

Compared to AoE2’s campaigns (which are the most comparable to AoE4), AoE4’s are way worse. They’re repetitive, monotone and just lack overall creativity.

1 Like