Why can't Brazil become an additional civilization?

They became independent in 1808 and were one of the most powerful forces in South America. Considering that they are the only Portuguese culture, they are definitely an attractive option. Why does it become America but not Brazil? Are developers discriminating against South America?

5 Likes

Of course they can. What is the problem?

Yes, I want Canada, Chile, Peru, Argentina, Colombia, all European Americas. Developers need to add these countries quickly.

2 Likes

Because they are a rev civ, as the US, that shouldn’t be a full civ as it has it’s own mechanics. If they wanted US they should’ve made AOE4 the next age and not medieval

18 Likes

Would be nice of course.

I actually time travelled here from 2006:
Aztecs, Sioux and Iroquois are native civs, that shouldn’t be a full civ as it has it’s own mechanics.

2 Likes

Aztec, Sioux and Iroquois existed as people when the game starts, the US didn’t. It exist as a nation that revolted from an european power already on the game, and exist in the game with a mechanic intended to represent said revolt, so… not the same, not even remotely the same.

9 Likes

I am really disappointed that a new European copy has been added because it exists in the Americas. No matter the concept or background of the game, there are already nine Europeans. I can’t understand why more Europeans should be added to the game.

3 Likes

Aztecs, Sioux and Iroquois also existed in the game and has a mechanics intended to represent natives.
Aztecs were literally eliminated almost when the game starts, so they shouldn’t be able to age-up.

1 Like

So, should the Netherlands start with 2age? Do you want a perfect testimony for the game?

They existed in the first ages of the games, so it’s not far fetched for a game like aoe to have them “survive” their initial conquest in the hands of the players. The US didn’t existed when the europeans first arrived in the americas (Exploration age)

1 Like

Someone is trying to limit the game to very specific themes and also asking for other’s testimony for limiting it.
I just do not get it.

1 Like

The Chinese, Japanese and Indians never “explored” the americas. So they should not be allowed on American maps, and start with fully-built cities and mass armies on Asian maps.

2 Likes

Europeans reached their land and traded with them. And the process is clearly portrayed through the consulate. It is also part of European colonialism. It has no effect on the concept of the game. Are you trying to deny it?

1 Like

So they also sent them to the Americas right?
And ruined all their cities so that they can only start with a monk and a few villagers?

1 Like

There are a variety of maps and maps. Why is it limited to the Americas? Is the Americas the only space where colonization took place? Europeans made colonies not only in the Americas, but also in Asia and Africa.

1 Like

No, but they existed in the same time frame of the game, they existed in the first eras of the game. It’s not about territory, in age games yo always can have fights against civs that never came into contact, because the game is not focused on a territory, rather an “age” or “era”. So yeah, lakotas and mughals never fought each other, but they existed as nations/peoples in the same time frame, allowing for this kind of matches in the multiplayer or skimirsh mode. This does not mean than a nation that only exist because an european power came to the new world fought and exist before or while said powers are just arriving.
It’s a false argument using being 100% historical, no one wants that. The game has a consistent narrative that can be expanded, for sure, but now they are contradicting it: the us now will exist in the game period where european powers are just exploring the new world or asia or africa. Its like having a 13 colonies civ in aoe2 because it roughly touches the theme of colonialism so what gives?

3 Likes

So that brings Asians to America, right?

1 Like

it doesn’t fit into history Just delete all civilizations. I have to delete the discussion with you.

That narrative is fitted on whatever is already present in the game, rather than pre-defined.

And I’d glad you brought up AOE2 because Huns and Spanish are definitely not in the same time frame.

2 Likes