Why can't Brazil become an additional civilization?

Don’t just look at the pictures, read the documents inside

No YOU are restricting the theme.
“I want a colonial game but with only the civs that involve in colonization but units that never involve in colonization are fine”.
Read that loud yourself.

1 Like

Now, here’s an additional German colony, definitely more than Sweden

Maybe read the links also:

Where are they in the game?

Do you want to insist that you must have all the territories that Europeans had as colonies until modern times?

Which mostly reads “German Empire”

1871–1918
Should be purged from the game.

3 Likes

Please read the document inside. Don’t just look at the pictures.

Let’s add another clause to your statement:
“I want a colonial game but with only the civs that involve in colonization but units that never involve in colonization are fine and the civs that never colonized any part the game already includes are also fine”.

1 Like

Please look at the links.

Are we doing a knockout tournament, though?
Swedes first got eliminated because they have the fewest colonies.
Germans next because they only have a little more than the Swedes (which is skeptical itself but fine).

Ottomans went into the finals because any territory out of Asia is considered their colony!
The judges are debating over Russians because they are not sure whether Siberia or any other Asian territory should be considered as a colony.

1 Like

Just talking to you was a waste of time. Oh, I had to notice it sooner, but it’s too late. Let’s just make all of your words right. I want to add America, Brazil, Prussia, Poland, Italy, all European countries that have not yet appeared.

Definitely. However not in the current order. Colonial civs can be added if we really run out of civs and still need more.

But how do “America, Brazil” and “Prussia, Poland, Italy” fall into the same category though?

Prussia is already in the game. US and Brazil are revolution civs, and should remain so, or else the revolt mechanics have no meaning.
hey are also not European, they are European successor states.

3 Likes

Have you heard of WOL? mod made for the original AOE3 that has all these civs and more

1 Like

WOL starts at around early-mid 19th though.

Stop being a “USA civ” apologist. It is a terrible idea.

5 Likes

Who is the lawmaker? Will I be arrested if I keep doing that?

2 Likes

To put it simply the game’s timeframe is 1500s to 1900s. Brazil didn’t exist before 1808. They would have to be anachronistic in their design for the early ages of gameplay.

NOT THAT FORGOTTEN EMPIRES CARES! Glares at the new DLC.

1 Like

I’m an American apologist. I like America, I’m a patriot, and ever since I’ve played the campaign in 2005 I haven’t understood why major campaign civs weren’t included in the skirmish. All this bickering about the timeline and revolution mechanics is silly compared to the simple fact that the timeline is presented in the campaign to include the united states and so it has every place being included.

1 Like

official dates for AOE3: 1492 and 1876 AD. (from Wikipedia)
guessing 1876 as this was the year the battle of little big horn occurred.

Official date WOL occurs in: 1789 to 1916 (from their discord page)

2 Likes

I was just thinking this. Battle of little horn is when the Lakota kicked butt. Against who? well the US. So if Lakota are a viable civ, by default the US is too.

1 Like