Why Did You Stop Playing AOE3:DE?

Yes that’s why I’m advocating on true co-op missions. Maybe the new historical maps will bring the same experience as SC2’s co-op.

because bad bussiness model, you cant release a civ for VIPstreamers and then hope to sell on 26 march.
You realease civ for everyone with equity…
it just make me angry and sad and aversion to developers instead of saying thanks for a new civ.
its like saying thanks, vip members can play the civ publicly and i have to wait 13 days more, and you want i spend my money for that?
its just makes me have aversion to devs…
also 90% of times the civilization is so broken that it ruins game, and devs take a lot of time to fix it…

no more age of empires 3 until 23 may, they killed the game for me until new civ arrives for “normal” people. And maybe until they releasea civ for everyone at the same time.

go treat other community liek thtat

ive been playing 13 years to be treated liek that?

thanks devs

I leave the game for months due to balance issue.

IK AOE3 balance is more critical as the civs are un comparable to each other, unlike in AOE2.

But still !! there was an update intoduced a bug, next update they cured it, but introduced new bug
I have to leave the game for months.
And now am back ! They released new civs ! and here we go again! time to leave the game for 6 months, as there will be more bugs , uneven gameplay, OP civs/nerfs needed etc.

We already have some issue with Ethiopia, now we will have with Italy and Malta too.
And I wont be able to play with a constant experiance as the patches and updates will keep the game changing for months.

Time to leave the game again for next few months, for it to get balanced.

2 Likes

I agree with you gameplay wise. I like more the old civ design. Very straigtforward. I would prioritize a visual upgrade for them firstly.

3 Likes

Nightmare balance.

20 chara

2 Likes

You think balance in aoe 3 is bad play aoe 4 is way worse

3 Likes

AOE3 and AOE4 are independent game.
Even and no matter AOE4 is the worst, AOE3 balance to me is still a nightmare.

BTW, except this, I would think AOE3 is still a good game.

2 Likes

I always thought that the balance in aoe 3 is good. The counter system is very strong so if you can mix armies well you can do pretty good

They will definitely make a good balance when the final update.

I agree, but they keep making new DLC before they making a good balance.

1 Like

I can understand and i’m against it too but obviously you know they need to invent more time and that’s how marketing works.

It makes great business sense actually, they just give the streamers the civ for free and get tons of free publicity. I’m a full time youtuber myself though nothing related to aoe3 and the videos on youtube alone are thousands of dollars worth of advertising.
It also allows people to see the new civs in detail and get them more hyped for the dlc.

4 Likes

I just hope that devs will launch a balance update for them (and current isues too)

3 Likes

I imagine there will be a day 1 update to fix them, there are quite a few bugs that the streamers have found.

I love the new AOM civilization, but I think giving them the Uranus gate is too OP. I think his ships and towers can breathe fire just like in AOE 2, great.

The only thing that disappoints me about malt is that it does not have mythical units. :sweat_smile:

The good thing is that it takes a while to load your units into the commandery and then the instant teletransportation is an ability that takes time to load. If it comes out as op, I think the solution would be to make the loading time take longer.

2 Likes

well, in that thinking, if the preview were released for everyone, even me would be streaming and not only those streamers, so the effect would be greater, but they dont think.

Also as more people would test something, more reports about bugs would be done,a nd more complains about balance would be present.

in my opinion this 2 weeks are just waste of time

Well they don’t need tons of people streaming the dlc with 1 view each, they want the few most popular youtubers and streamers. That’s the only way it makes sense financially. If someone streams with 2 views it’s almost worthless but if they get fitzbro or len to stream not only will they likely have 100+ viewers at peak but they’ll also upload various videos that within a few days will have several thousand views. Gifting them a cheap dlc is a great way to get thousands of people seeing the dlc thanks to those creators. It also gives them more content and they in return get more views and make more money by being a small minority with early access.

3 Likes

bah, they gonna sell anyway, we dont neeed that to be honest. And if we all stream with 1 viewers, its better anyway, they will stream with 200 viewers too

Yeah but now you will buy it lol so an extra few bucks in the jar.