Why does the game look death to me? not about the graphics but the overall feeling

This is a frame from the video from the first demonstration of the gameplay, as far as I remember, and the game has not even reached beta yet, it’s like rushing into the developer’s office poking your finger at an unfinished model and shouting that it’s not beautiful. It is not just completed.

UPD - In addition, this is a fairly minor feature that is either corrected quite easily, or to please the athletes (if they say it is better) to leave it as it is. For that matter, you see the soldiers from a great height, they shouldn’t look realistic and overly detailed, they just have to look nice and understandable from above.

1 Like

Evertone; Why is the Arrow coming out of his center torso and not the Bow?

The Abbasids: Day 56 of the battle and the enemies of the Caliph still have not figured out there is no Camel Archer, but 2 of us inside a Camel costume with a manequin Archer on top, so they keep shooting the dummy while the true Bowman in the hind quarters shoots back unharmed!
Trully these Frenks are a people easy to decieve!!!

6 Likes

No, you do not remember correctly. It is from the last available footage, from the Xbox showcase.

Since freaking when did the community forums became ‘developers office’? You have literally no clue what are you talking about. Is this your first time on a gaming forum? This is exactly the very reason those forums exists, to give feedback and discuss those issues. The game is 4 months away from release, obviously I and all those who give a damn about this franchise will point out everything they see as harmful to the game and ask to be fixed.
If the only thing you can provide is telling how perfect the game is and how the rest of us barge into offices, then you are really not needed here. Go preorder, and wait for the release. This is a place of discussion and such silly comments are redundant.

3 Likes

It might even be a glitch for all I know. It was just one frame but has to be pointed among everything else.
When you say not important, in the sense that it can be easily fixed or in the sense that it shouldn’t be fixed? Because with the former I agree that it should be an easy thing to do but the latter disagree.
That of course given that it is a glitch and not an intentional design.

Well, both really. It seems like something relatively easy to fix but I’m not a game developer so I wouldn’t like to make a claim with certainty.
But even if it persists on release, it’s a very minor problem. That kind of thing is barely visible when playing from the standard perspective.

Arrows have been visible from a standard perspective in every game and as far as I can see they are from this one as well. I can very well imagine how that is going to look when you mass those camels rather than having just a single one on your screen that you may now see as ok.
We probably play and enjoy the game for very different reasons. I want to clearly see the weapons and the animations and move on different zoom levels while I am playing.

Oh yeah, I see very consistent comments here every day “I want trees to grow in real time”, “Why does the armor look different from my history book”, "Maya and Incas ignore it because there is some secret lobby against the Americans “,” The Russians were stupid barbarians and did not deserve to be on the release of the game ", probably these topics that are regularly in the top help the game to get better? And excuse me, but I just can’t understand how the game, RTS, can make a better note of the fact that on the alpha version of the gameplay (Especially for you in large letters ALPHA version) the arrow flies not from a bow, but a little lower? That little thing that is either fixed literally in an instant, or is not fixed at all to please the athletes (although athletes are the last people to consult with, these would play in 64x64 resolution), if this is the main help to the game, then I don’t know … Instead, people could talk more about possible campaigns, raise the issue of optimization, which is much more important than an arrow in the knee, offer really interesting ideas that could complement the game, and testers take care of its bugs.

2 Likes

Stop attacking each other.

1 Like

there’s also people crawling on the ground when they die.

People also whisper when sneaking in woods and celebrate after winning a battle and the auto-placed roads and fountains.

4 Likes

I love all of this. Very good stuff.

3 Likes

Everyone: Why camel archers in AoEIV shoot arrows from their legs?
Meanwhile, camel archers in AoEIIDE: :eyes:

Kipchaks:

Genitours:

Janissary (look at his feet)

And Arbalesters:

It is just humour, don’t take it badly.

6 Likes

My friend :slight_smile: If you do not like the topics discussed on the forum you can always create one yourself. Please show us how it’s done and what we should be talking about because as of now you haven’t.
Perhaps you are right and you have some important things to post too.

Screenshot_3

You are correct. I agree with you :slight_smile: These questions may help you out. Do you think that the arrows of the game would see such a massive change since the Fan Preview, had it not been the outcry and the multiple topics made by this community? Or would the saturation of the game change?

We even got a response from MS about Delhi that many people didn’t like :smiley: This community is doing a good job at voicing what is wrong with the game.
I understand that the Arrow issues may look small to you, but it is still an issue (Especially for you in large letters, still an ISSUE) worth to be pointed out among other small annoyances that perhaps are not obvious to everyone.

Many of us enjoy the animations, the unit models and their weapons, the textures, and all of those details that show high quality in a game. Others get satisfaction from other things as it seems.

I know it is perhaps harder for some to see but the community can actually make an impact by voicing its concerns. If you do not like the discussed topics or the forum you are always free to go or create your own topic to discuss and I will gladly comment on it too.

Cheers! Best wishes to mother Russia!

1 Like

LoL is a good joke, the game is of course old, but still funny)

■■■■-rows :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Indeed! and by the fact the game has been developed 4 years ago, you really get worried when you see buggy animations, operator less units and d i c k arrows being throw …

and again, couldnt they add ship animations that make them look like navy on the ocean instead of monopoly pieces? like cmon what are they doing? are they 2 guys developing the game or what… whats going on with replic, Im a really worried and dissapointed tbh

1 Like

its actually moer than humor imo. It shows a quite interesting thing- in Age 2, it seems noone cared. People memed about it, nearly noone was bothered by it :smiley:
and I think thats with the newer DE aswell.

However in Age 4, people start to nitpick, probably because the game seems newer :wink:
And thats a good thing, I think. As long as noone is angry if such issues wont be fixed in some cases^^

2 Likes

bggy animations may very well be a problem.
Operatorless siege weapons are obviously by design, so its not anything to “worry” about.

Worry about the stuff thats really really important for a game to work, not about the devs design chices - you have less to worry about and it will be likely your worries are adressed^^

1 Like

I get your points, I know where you’re coming from, the game could look better imo too but despite that I do not consider myself as one of the most optimistic ones around here, I have seen some improvements and I can feel that they keep tweaking stuff, which is good.

I doubt we will see any huge, drastic change in the meantime, like replacing the golden ghosts with actual operators, but it’s up to us to raise awareness about all these things and who knows what the future holds. I keep my hopes tight about several of those intentional or unintentional designs and I have seen games changing significantly post-release.

Some would just tell you that the game is excellent and they would tell you the same exact thing 2 months ago despite the obvious issues. And perhaps they would say the same thing anytime they ever got to see the game.
Some critical thinking wouldn’t hurt.
I get that all it would take for some to feel happy would be to have their little modern nation-state thrown into the game and playing with their locale peasantry culture that they relate to, but really, not everyone has so limited demands :smiley: we actually want a good, high quality game

So for those who wonder why arrows come out of weird places, etc ,etc:

The projectile object is made at a time, and at a place. The time is dictated by either a) the time since the attack command was made, or b) a particular frame being passed in an animation.
The place of the projectile is simple an x,y,z vector that is easily changed to be unique for whatever unit.

The problem is, you’re in alpha, so you get feedback - my archers feel sloppy, - so you make the projectile appear sooner, now it doesn’t sync with the animation,
Then people complain the units are too small and hard to see, so you scale them, and the projectiles x,y,z spawn point is now out of wack. Then you get feedback that everything is too hard to click, so you dial back the scaling a tad, so the x,y,z changes again. Then the animators give you an updated animation to work with, so it goes out of sync again.

Point is, yes, its easy to change, but its not worth changing 100+ times. Just get the gameplay timing right, so it feels the best gameplay wise, and then once everything is more or less set in stone, you go through, update all the starting frames of the animations/timing, and update all the x,y,z’s in the final product. You do the job once, you do it right. Then it only needs changing again in future balance patches which happen predictably.

Despite this I’ll guarantee at least 1 unit on the final release will have this graphical glitch, because someone will miss it, and then itll get patched after release. In the wise words of Tommy Wiseau, don’t worry about it.

4 Likes

The majority of the people play mostly aoe single player modes.

1 Like