Why is Age of Empires 1 so stagnant?

Please add more content and DLCs to this game!

Add the following civs:
Isrealites
Medianites
Kananites
Philistines
Nubians

Gift us events, challenges and more civ appropriate/specific unit skins.
Make guard towers garesonable by villagers.
Give us more single player campaigns and such.
Please! This game has such potential, please give us more!

24 Likes

I agree with you but the game’s technical issues need to be fixed first.

11 Likes

We all believe that AoE DE has massive potential especially additional civs and new campaigns. We however need more bugfixes and AI difficulty revision for the game. Hopefully the game gets any patch updates this year. Wololo

13 Likes

I suggest Microsoft develops and announces the release of new paid downloadable content for Age of Empires 1: Definitive Edition to “revive” the game, to get people more interested and also to make money out of pre-ordering (apparently the major motivation these times). I’m not angry towards capitalism; in fact, I support it as long as the services and products delivered are of a fine quality.

Also, Microsoft could mention that the most irritating and game-breaking bugs/issues will be taken into account, as actual matters of importance for the playerbase AND new BUYERS, not only for this game, but the franchise as a whole.

Currently, the only paid DLC AoE1:DE got was its soundtrack, which is nice, but there’s a need for more content (such as civilizations, buildings, technologies, units, upgrades, etc.) :disappointed:

11 Likes

I agree that the game be improved, and that content be added to it.
But I don’t want garesonable towers, and the civs you mentioned to add are the least interesting.
Leave the unique units them for aoe2. Adding a handful of new units already represents all type of ancient historical soldiers.

7 Likes

Microsoft made AoE: DE to show the world that they still owned the franchise and is willing to improve it. The only thing that still makes the game playable for me is the fact that it is still better than the 1997 original.

10 Likes

i think, that if this game received new updates, such as new campaigns, units, building, techs, civs , will have more potential than Aoe 2 de and Aoe 3 de combined.

12 Likes

and i would definitely buy it again, please Microsoft, get up from your lazyness and give us new very much needed content for this game. Thank you

9 Likes

WOLOLO!! WAEIAOWEAIO! WOLOOOOO!!!

8 Likes

I think it’s vulululu. I look forward to see AI difficulty scaling revision and more modding support.

5 Likes

hi, don’t you like my idea?

On the contrary, I like it very much! :smirk::ok_hand::fire::crossed_swords:

3 Likes

Id easily pay for a new age 1 DLC.

8 Likes

I think we may need to stand up and tell Microsoft, that after they complete the dlc for aoe 2 de, its time, for some action on the aoe 1 de.

9 Likes

Keep commenting on these topics and maybe MS will notice that there are potential customers out there…hopefully. I want new AoE 1 content so badly…

9 Likes

The game desperately needs an in game mod manager like the other DE titles and more supported mod types for replayability.

10 Likes

I would love, as I sad before, to have better mod support. Even though I own the Steam version of this game, I discarded the Steam Workshop option, as that would imply users of the Microsoft store version would miss all its benefits. Instead, it would be better (more incluse too) if the current mod support is updated to work through subscriptions, as with AoE2: DE, so that both Steam and Microsoft users can subscribe to the items available in the game’s modding page.

It would only require users to be logged in with an Xbox account.

4 Likes

Hopefully, after aoe 2 dlc (and the first couple of patches to fix potential issues), AoE DE will get some love.

8 Likes

Somebody should badger the devs into updating it.

4 Likes

But how, do you suppose we do it?

3 Likes