Why so much hate on tower rushing?

again - how?
you can wall in the tower - your villagers will beat his villagers, you get gold while mining stone and you get faster food with folwark - you literally carry all the advantages.
what can you possibly build to fight back against a polish tower rush?

wall in and occasional repair handles that with ease.

1 Like

Noobs won’t be able to wall up. Also noobs will quickly fall below 1000 elo with in 10 games. So 1000 elo is no noob. Again my point is not against or for any strat. If it is allowed in a game its fair game. This game is about the decimation of your opponent. I don’t understand why people complain when they get decimated early.

2 Likes

So, why are you complaining then?

Do what you like, no one forces others to do what they want, you like Hoang’s rush and find it fun do it, you like trush, do it, you like drush, do it. People with none-meta strats are the ones actually who make this game funny, not the boring MAA archers every game.

Many greetings

3 Likes

Well if its OP then the devs will nerf. Until that happens its in-game and fair. My point is no strat should be frowned upon.

Exactly this. I like I find it extremely boring to learn builds and do exactly what the other person is doing and then the game gets decided in late imperial based on macro/micro or civ bonuses. Its a 40 min - 2hour game vs 20 min game.

1 Like

you don’t need to full wall - small walls around wood lines and mill is enough.

besides. if your argument is that noobs won’t be able to wall up, then why are you saying countering a tower rush is easy.

maybe - but your question, in the Title is why so much hate.
i am explaining why the hate.
furthermore, despite your CLAIMS that tower rushes are not hard to counter (over half an hour ago), and subsequent asking for your advice on how to counter poles tower rushing (half an hour ago) you still haven’t provided ONE SINGLE ANSWER to this question - which just goes to prove my point. Tower rush is not easy to counter. ESPECIALLY polish tower rush.

Meanwhile, let’s just abuse the hell out of all the situationally broken civs and then wonder why people get salty about it. Nevermind that the devs sometimes take years to appropriately balance civs.

In general I agree that everything that exists as a tactical or strategic possibility is fair game (laming, trushing, meme strats, whatever), and sometimes people will get salty no matter what when they lose. But in many cases it’s less about the strat and more about people being annoyed by constantly going up against civs that are widely viewed as being at least a little overpowered (like Poles in this context). It’s the same reason so many people are calling for nerfs to Gurjaras - regardless of the strat, that civ has so many advantages that’s it’s just not fun going up against them game after game, and there are few civs that won’t be fighting uphill against them. I imagine your one-tricking this civ/strat for a while will carry you to a somewhat higher elo, where I encourage you to try Trushing with other civs (or dare I say, any other strategy?) and see if people still “hate on it” so much.

I don’t necessarily blame you for taking advantage of the Poles’ strengths in this instance, but expecting all your opponents to just be chill in the face a pretty significant civ disadvantage is silly.

7 Likes

Its easy, move vills to stone. Counter tower and counter-attack. Don’t panic.
When someone is tower rushing they are not using 4-5 vills and they are always on the back foot. Go to castle and drop a castle against the towers. You will win the game if you make good decisions and don’t panic.

I always re watch my games from my opponents POV. They are almost always up in vills and eco.
That’s your answer.

I understand but it’s fair to raise that point on the forums but not fair to cuss or not say GG. Its a strategy game and everything is fair if it is in the game.

1 Like

but you’re already behind - and meanwhile your villagers are also generating gold while mining stone - so they are behind even more.

but their tower is going to lose to your tower. furthermore you can easily due to the generated gold supplement with a couple archers to harass their builders.

go to castle age and drop a castle? well first they need the gold for castle age and then they need the stone for a castle - not to mention how far behind mining all that puts the rest of their eco.

but are behind in map control and resources they control.

1 Like

yahtzee. this right here.

2 Likes

you are just salty probably someone trushed you bad, my point is not with trush but the attitude. Its a game you will always have non meta strats so take it lightly.

For me it currently looks like you picked that strat cause you know that people will complain and then to complain about the people that complain as you expected them to complain.

4 Likes

And the thing is, everyone else’s problem is with the trush, which is why you get the attitude. It might be fine for you, but most other people it creates games that are either unbalanced and/or straight up not fun to play, hence the hate.

3 Likes

actually no, i think people should be able to do what they want. you are literally PROVING why people hate trush though.
you pretend its non meta (hint, for poles its definitely meta), you pretend its easy to hold (Hint, it’s not), and you pretend that people who don’t see this all that often should somehow be able to easy peasy hold this when even pros have difficulty holding it.
It’s LITERALLY not fun to play against, and then people like you come in, act like you have all the answers (you don’t) and have this massive superiority complex, while trushing with a civ that can do it left right and center with almost no downside and act like your doing something awesome and “non meta”.

and my point is that the attitude comes from you are playing arguably the most broken trushing civ, which you have practiced for months, against a bunch of nubs who don’t have much experience against that, and you are acting as if its easy to hold when that’s literally not true.

except poles trushing isn’t “non meta”.

3 Likes

ok there’s a lot of conflation going on here

conflation

1. the merging of two or more sets of information, texts, ideas, etc. into one.

your elo is low, you arent going to get gg’s anyway, etiquette only happens more regularly at higher elos, and even then, the majority of players below something like 1500 still wont gg. expecting to get a gg is actually pretty smug in itself. nobody HAS to give it

people dont like poles(because they’re different), but mainly because they’re OP on arena.

people dont like trushing for many different reasons

this is two separate issues which have their own contributors, but which can be combined into one, poles trushing on arena. but even if you didnt trush, and just went for castles, people would still hate on you. even if you didnt castle drop, people would hate on you if you went for trash knights.

but your OP isnt wrong though, players hate trushing in general, i never play arena and a very high number of my games with trushing gets insults/griefing from the opponent

ive made numerous posts about getting flamed for trushing, or players resigning the moment they see a tower. and redditors actually defend my opponent, because its a trush (larger representation than this forum) even though trushing is fairly easily countered on arabia, even if its not the direct counter of nuking the tower drop(easily with scouting + vils), you can out eco the opponent, get to castle age, mango down etc

why? he doesnt have to be good at the game, he literally can play how he wants

why are people so quick to defend laming and douching, but trushing is a different story?

well executed, which in itself implies there is learning/skill involved… compare that to laming or douching(TC drop)

i highly doubt OP has such a well execute trush that its uncounterable, its more that players are reluctant to learn to fight off meta. this applies to literally every single thing in the universe

people hate on me for ele rushing on arabia. like one of the dumbest weakest strats there is, and i still get grief. flaming has little to nothing to do with the actual strength of the strategy

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Saying 1HP every 6 seconds makes you MUCH MUCH more likely to come out on top is a little exaggerated, don’t you think?
What makes Poles strong is their economy, not their villager bonus that helps against raids or when you want to retreat after a trush.

It’s obvious that Poles are the substitute for old Inca players, which is now a lot more balanced than Incas were. Trush is such a bad strategy it doesn’t need to get nerfed, because the defender can defend so easily against it by just expanding or scouting.

Sicilians are not overused in tournements because their strengths are minor to other civs. Why play Sicilians when you can pick Franks? Tournament games usually don’t last that long that you get to FU Hauberk cavaliers. (I mean look at Slavs, why play them when you can play Teutons or Franks?)

You are right, that they are annoying to play against and they could probably get some compensation for the nerf.
Funnily if their unique civ strengths are getting buffed, they will likely trush more often too :wink:

It lets villagers win 1v1 even when they’re already Dow Like two or three Hits, that helps alot espacially because they dont Fight in their own.
Add to it even faster healing in Towers and the time they’re outside and not fighting.
The healing alone is a good Bonus in vill fights and Tower Rush situations.
Maybe not OP by itself but strong in combination withthe good Eco behind

Edit: forgot the “Not” infront of OP

2 Likes

It’s actually weird how they designed Poles after they nerfed all the other Trushing civs before.
They nerfed the trushing civs but then they added Poles… makes no reason to me.

I think they had good reasoning to nerf trushes cause we all see the toxicity of noob bashers, they now even adapt the JP narrative of passive agression into victim role claiming. Which is in my eyes one of the most annoying ones.

Better give these people no such strats where they can act out there toxicity. It’s a bit sad, cause I don’t have anything against trushes, but I totally understand low level players being upset and rightfully upset not yet alone about the strat itself but about the toxic players that intentionally look for these noob basher strats.