Wild Boar stops following Villager randomly (even if still in line of sight)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: Version 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

While luring a Wild Boar with a villager, the boar sometimes decides to randomly stop and go back, even when there is no reason for the boar to go back. The villager was close to the boar, and in its’ line of sight, so the logical thing to happen would be for the boar to keep following the villager.

This bug was incorrectly tagged as fixed in the January patch, as it is clearly still occuring.

• Fixed an issue where boars could randomly break agro after bumping into an obstruction.

I apologize if opening duplicate thread but I wasn’t able to find the previous one

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue (need to repeat this a dozen times since you can’t guarantee to get it to happen, but i uploaded a recorded game at the bottom where you can see):

1. Hit wild boar with villager once
  2. Start running away with your villager
  3. Sometimes, the boar will just stop, even if it was really close to your villager

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Boar shouldn’t stop if it still sees the villager properly

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

happens after around 1:20 game time for Yellow player, and around 4:30 for Orange Player, in this 3v3 Ranked Arabia Game

boar goes back bug.aoe2record (3.2 MB)

8 Likes

just linking my comment with a recording of this feom another thread

1 Like

Ok, this bug clearly happened to TheViper today during a stream. The villager was clearly in the boar’s line of sight, and the boar didnt hit any obstacles but the villager itself.

Here is the clip of this happenning:

Here is a clip of TheViper acknowledging this bug still happens:

Do notice how at the end of the video he says this has nothing to do with line of sight.

And here is the viper agreeing to be clipped in this bug report:

I hope that with the most known pro player acknowledging this bug, it will now not be regarded as fixed.

3 Likes

This happened to TheViper twice at the same game. Here are 2 clips of this happenning and the game recording:

EDIT: and here is the game recording
AgeIIDE_Replay_73552260.aoe2record (2.0 MB)

1 Like

Still is still occuring heavily to me. You have to guard you villager the whole time bringing the boar to the TC, really annoying.

1 Like