Will Age of Empires IV be available on steam?

I hope so!

Apparently not, although if they want it to actually sell then they’ll have to.

I really hope they put it on Steam.

If we don’t like the game or if they close it like AOEO we can ask steam for a refund or partial refund.

Im pretty sure it will stay within Microsoft control for the first bit of its release but im sure they will be making it available cross platform. If they want to boost sale they will do that.

I hope that it doesn’t go on Steam, if it means abandoning UWP. But, if they can keep code in the UWP and therefore play on Xbox and Windows 10+, then I don’t care where it comes from. I really hope if it is done using the UWP, then it goes to Xbox as well.

Console is not a place to play RTS @HeyGreatResponse . But I agree with everything else.

I love playing C&C and Halo Wars on the console. These were seriously underrated games. I’ll never understand it.

I hope its on steam, but it doesn’t mean that it has to be a steam only product. They can sell on steam and have it open the Microsoft Store or whatever application they use, much like Ubisoft does.

More importantly for me is, will the game be available in hard copy (DVD) honestly this is a MUST for me and I know for many more to add it to our precious collection.

Sure thing a COLLECTORS edition… oooh man im already draming about it.

As much as my information goes they said that they want to put it into the Windows Store.

But yeah i myself hope so too that it will be available on Steam and even if they sell it as a hard copy too i will buy it as such like all my other Age of Empires games :smiley:

I hope the game will play on Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.

I have Win 8.1 and I will certainly not change it for the game.
I also wanted to buy the Age of Empires definitive edition but when it’s just for Win 10, it’s their bad luck.
Certainly the game would be bought by more people, but many people do not want Win 10

@BeetleRock20367 said:
I hope the game will play on Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.

I have Win 8.1 and I will certainly not change it for the game.

I also wanted to buy the Age of Empires definitive edition but when it’s just for Win 10, it’s their bad luck.

Certainly the game would be bought by more people, but many people do not want Win 10

Stop spamming.

@HeyGreatResponse said:
I hope that it doesn’t go on Steam, if it means abandoning UWP. But, if they can keep code in the UWP and therefore play on Xbox and Windows 10+, then I don’t care where it comes from. I really hope if it is done using the UWP, then it goes to Xbox as well.

Based on recent news, UWP has been cracked. Wonder if they’re thinking of adding Denuvo to the game.

If I remember correctly, you can still update your WIN 8.1 to WIN 10 using the license key.

I really hope in ends up on Steam. Since the majority of RTS gamers are on PC and nobody (that I know of) uses the windows store I think it would be a really bad idea not to put it on Steam.

@LiamIsBest1010 said:
I really hope in ends up on Steam. Since the majority of RTS gamers are on PC and nobody (that I know of) uses the windows store I think it would be a really bad idea not to put it on Steam.

Steam don’t have dedicated servers.

Well they always said AOE DE would not be on Steam… so this one prolly won’t either And especially not on launch

they won’t put it in steam,only sell it in microsoft store.but if they put it in steam,it must be more people join the game and use workshop to create more interesting products.plus,aoe will get a better sale and also bigger influence.

@TheMaigod said:
they won’t put it in steam,only sell it in microsoft store.but if they put it in steam,it must be more people join the game and use workshop to create more interesting products.plus,aoe will get a better sale and also bigger influence.

Ms isn’t a little studio.