***Windows 7/8*** Browse mod tab does not load

Game Version:

• Build: latest build
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 8
  • Gamertag: thieftdp

Issue:

Browse mod tab does not do anything, loads forever, cant subscribe to any mod. If you have browse mod tab working please also comment so I know if its my computer issue or AOE2DE.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. start the game
  2. go to browse mod tab
  3. watch it load forever nothing shows, cant search cant do nothing

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

3 Likes

this only applies after the latest update. added video here… need help cant update mods!

1 Like

“Browse Mods” tab works for me

1 Like

Oh, I actually am having a similar issue, but haven’t check with the “Browse Mods” tab.

When I created a new scenario in the editor and first clicked “Save As” to give it a name, the menu didn’t load in for me until I started typing a name into the search bar. Then the menu updated.

Have you tried typing into the search bar and checking if that ends up populating the list of mods? There might be a bug that menu lists don’t populate until the search bar has something typed into it.

1 Like

yea i have. i typed any name or any popular known mods, nothing it just loads.

could you please try to see if your browse tab mod works?

1 Like

Try logging into your Xbox account.

1 Like

Just checked, my tab works (and I don’t need to sign in to Xbox for it).

1 Like

i have tried that too, login or not logged in. loads forever. im wondering if its my computer i dobut it tho.

you know what I just noticed is that I should have the mayhem mod but I don’t. the update should automatically subscribe me to the official mod but it isn’t there in my video. the subscribing mod thing is completely broken for me and I have no idea why it was working just prior to the update.

Game Version:

• Build: 37650
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 8 (not windows 8.1)
  • Gamertag: gflings

Issue:

With the latest update on May 27th, 37650 version I can no longer subscribe to any mod. I tried to update some mods but they do not update, just circle keep loading, then I unsubscribe them try to re-subscribe only did I know the “Browse Mod” section also circle keep going, nothing loads.

Things I have tried:

• Reinstall the game
  • Reinstall Steam
  • Reinstall all the latest VC++ and Net frame work
  • Finally, I used another laptop has windows 8 as well, do a clean window install. Then installed both Steam and AOE2:DE and I still have the same problem.

This is a serious problem if we windows 8 (NOT 8.1) user cannot play the game properly, it was fine before the update now we can no longer download mods.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. be on windows 8, NOT 8.1
  2. clean window install
  3. steam and aoe2de install
  4. run game, try to download any mod.
  5. no mod will show up.

ATTACHMENTS:

This screenshot does not change even after waited 20+ minutes.

@GMEvangelos, or any other dev, please help!

2 Likes

For the people having trouble, what happens if you try to subscribe to mods directly on the website at ageofempires.com/mods? Perhaps that’s a workaround until this issue is addressed.

1 Like

I have tried that, mod does not download.

this is a windows 8 problem? then how come it was working before the update? can someone who also have windows 8 and check if they can subscribe to any mod from ingame or outside game.

I can confirm this, my friend also have windows 8 and he cannot subscribe to any mods too. I had to subscribe and copy it to him for us to play.

2 Likes

I use Windows 7, and this issue also exists. It’s ■■■■■■■ disgusting.

2 Likes

this also for windows 7? I change title to 7/8

1 Like

do you have windows 7 or 8?

Windows 10. I didn’t understand when posting before, that this topic is only for Windows 7/8 users.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like