***Windows 7/8*** Browse mod tab does not load

could we please have a fix on this issue?

bump. @GMEvangelos is it possible to have this taken away as well to get it tracked?

I can confirm that there is a tracking bug in our system for this issue. I donā€™t have a timeline for a fix and donā€™t have exact details on what information might help the team dig into the issue; for now, a dxdiag from anyone impacted might help them replicate the setup that might be causing the problem.

1 Like

@GMEvangelos
thanks for responding. is it possible to provide a guide on where to get the dxdiag file? also this isnā€™t a crash, just the mod tab refuses to load woulod that still generate the dxdiag file?

The dxdiag is just an overview of your computer hardware. You can find instructions on how to generate it here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

Simply attach the .txt file here and Iā€™ll get it passed along to the team.

1 Like

Hello, i got same problem using Win7. Here ist my DxDiag: DxDiag.txt (27.9 KB)

2 Likes

I have the same issue. All the symptoms are exactly the same. I even tried to subscribe to mods via the website.

Running AOE2 on Linux via Proton 5.1
I donā€™t think I can run DxDiag.exe

1 Like

yea I tried via website also no luck. the developers have been busy at releasing AOE III DE so now that is out, hopefully they have time to focus on some of these bugs that requires attention.

@GMEvangelos not sure if still waiting on my dxdiag file I posted in another thread but unsure if you caught it, iā€™ll post here as well just in case.

clevo DxDiag1.txt (111.3 KB)

this issue has been around since the may update, hopefully the team has an update on this.

Hey! Hereā€™s a note provided by the team:

Those affected may need to reinstall the game to address this issue, which we are unable to reproduce as of the latest build.

Note: before a fresh reinstall, ensure all mods have been unsubscribed. After closing the game, go to the following location and delete (or rename/move) the following folder:

C:\users\<user>\games --> Age of Empires 2 DE

Upon reinstalling and launching the game, the Browse Mods list loads successfully, and players should be able to subscribe-to and unsubscribe-from mods.

Let me know if that works for you or if you continue to have trouble browsing the mods list.

1 Like

hey @GMEvangelos thanks for the follow up.

another forum user above gfling with his post

he listed that reinstalling game, steam, visual studio & netframework (im assuming thats what vc++ means?) and do a fresh windows 8 install and problem still persists. do you know if the devs are using windows 7 or 8? maybe they are using windows 10 but windows 10 have no such problem, issue seem to exit only for pre 8.1 version of windows.

Yep, I can relate.

Have already reinstalled the game, deleted mods folder and so forth but still doesnā€™t work.

@GMEvangelos is there something I can provide you with for assisting with this, please? Iā€™ve created a thread, too.

TIA

1 Like

I have many friends who have encountered this situation, which has nothing to do with the game and mods folder. The problem is that it is not possible to browse web pages on the website.