Wingless Hussar for non Polish civs please

Only Byzantines had Greek fire true, but flame throwers mounted on ships were not exclusive to the Byzantines, the Chinese, Koreans and other civs whom learned the mechanics of hydrolic preasure and fluid dynamics made use of flame throwers.

3 Likes

That’s basically the main argument too. There would be outrage if they’d cut the wings of the generic for no reason.

And for those who fear that there might be some mix up with the Polish Hussar, just look at how the game does well with differentiating Magyar Huszar to the generic one.

3 Likes

There is always outrage from a repugnant few when anything new is added to their status quo. Add Poland= Outrage, change civ details=outrage, add a new gamepley mechanic=outrage ,add any new civ= outrage, buff this unit=outrage, nerf that unit=outrage, but once they have concluded their tantrums, all continues as normal and they search for something new to make noise over.

6 Likes

It’s almost as if people wanted to add a non european civ, instead of adding more european civs.

depends on the nature of the change.

well yeah, look at how broken the sicilian Unique Tech was at launch, let alone Flemish Revolution. people want a balanced game that works. they need to stop trying to put aoe3 style mechanics in aoe2. there is a reason aoe3 is considered inferior.

1 Like

Enter the repugnant few hahaha

1 Like

yeah because people are repugnant for wanting a balanced game and actual diversity in civs. instead something like 10 of the new civs are all European civs. is it so wrong that we want to see more civs from South Asia, the Americas, and Africa?

3 Likes

I actually agree with that suggestion. Winged Hussar is just regional unit for poland (and some other eastern European), and not generic one. Even civ like Burmese and Khmers train Hussar with Ring Sounds wrong for me.

And it is not a huge rework I think. Dev just make alternative Hussar design for general to replace current winged one.

5 Likes

what’s the point of making a unique winged hussar sprite just for Poles if they are going to turn around and have to make a new wingless hussar sprite for every other civ?

they could have just made the new wingless hussar sprite, given the poles the old sprite, and given all the other civs the new wingless hussar sprite?

4 Likes

Exactly…that is presicely what we have been asking for…

1 Like

which would have been more work in general overall. this way is easier and they still have something unique.

actually 3 unique things.
a unique castle, a unique mill, and a unique hussar. and frankly the pole hussar looks better anyway.

3 Likes

The Battle of Grunwald deserves a separate Historical Battle that would not be part of the Polish Campaign. After all, it was one of the most important battles of the entire Middle Ages (and maybe even one of the most important battles in the history of mankind).

2 Likes

I think that the best solution to this problem would be to remove the wings of the standard Hussar, or possibly create a completely new model for this unit - then the current Hussar model could be given to the Serbs civ, civ from which the famous military unit is derived. If not for the Serbs (usar / gusar - the original Serbian name of this unit), there would be no Hungarian Huszárs and Polish Winged Hussars.

4 Likes

I think it was the biggest clash of arms during that period.

6 Likes

Today is the anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald. The best opportunity to learn more about DotD - price, release date and UT.

And of course it would be nice if the Battle of Grunwald was added as a Historical Battle :wink:

6 Likes

The Battle of Grunwald could have 7 players:

• Poles (playable)
  • Lithuanians (allies)
  • Ruthenians (allies)
  • Teutonic Order - Teutons (enemy)
  • German Knights - Goths (enemy)
  • Czechs and Silesians - Bohemians (enemy)
  • Tatars (neutral; potential ally or enemy)

This battle would have a huge map, and it would be the most difficult of all Historical Battles.

5 Likes

Interesting but off topic sir…

Tis fitting for the realm of converstation … I am going to allow this… (Slams sceptre on the floor two times)

3 Likes

Have you played the scenario made for the original game?

Now I noticed that I forgot to add that this is my dream.

1 Like

Yep, but they did not add anything to Historical Battles since Forgotten Empires. They did not even updated Korean scenario - Kaesong.
It is for sure Polish last mission. Jadwiga said to Teutonic Knights that during her reign, there will be no war with them. But during her entire reign she was preparing Poland to this war and she knew that there will be war with Teutons after her death.

Ruthenians indeed fought for Poles since Novogrod was Polish fiefdom, but they made small number of soldiers ( I would personally add [ during mission ] Boyars to Lithuanians to reflect that ). Tatars came with Lithuanians and they were allies/mercenaries of [Polish] Union. I don’t think Czechs make sense as enemies since next campaign - Jan Zizka, they will propbably tell how Jan Zizka fought against Teutonic Knights and that would make battle unclear IMO. I think there should player called “Western knighthood” as a Franks to relfect that western knights were fighting for Teutonic Knights against Lithuanians and Poles for many years.

300 unit pop cap is must have :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes