Wingless Hussar for non Polish civs please

Burgundians civ would be much better civ than Franks civ. Coustillier would look better alongside Teutonic Knight than Throwing Axeman. Besides, Burgundy was part of the HRE, unlike France (except Burgundy, of course).

2 Likes

Grunwald could be end of Jadwiga campaign (even though it’s after she died) & it’s also a segway to Jan Žižka’s campaign.

5 Likes

Yes, battle of Grunwald happend after Jadwigas death, but to that battle she prepared Poland as best as she could.
Last Joan of Arc mission take place after here death, same as Barbarossa, Genghis Khan or El Cid [ although he did not die in real life ].

5 Likes

I too would like the Battle of Grunwald to be a climactic battle at the end of a Polish campaign instead of just a single battle.

5 Likes

I respect your opinion.

But the Battle of Grunwald was decisive in that it effected Germanization of the Baltic by so reducing the Teutonic Order that they eventually diminished, allowing the West Slavs headed by Poland-Lithuania to continue on as independent nations until the rise of Imperial Russia and Imperial Prussia in the Early Modern Era.

Historians have speculated that if the Battle was a Germanic victory, that Eastern Europe today would have been more Germanized.

3 Likes

Huh? El Cid did die in real life.

But…the El Cid campaign did get it wrong on how he died: El Cid did not die from an arrow wound–the AOE devs took that from the famous El Cid film of the 1960s starring Charleton Heston–but from a combination of war-weariness, old age, and a broken heart (El Cid’s only son was killed in the service of King Alfonso while his father El Cid was in Valencia. The news saddened El Cid considerably)

1 Like

You comment just gave me an idea: give the Byzantines a “unique Fire Ship” civ-only upgrade so that they get the BEST Fire Ships.

I think that the Historical Battles supposed to be “extra single-campaigns” when the devs do not have enough historical content (or gameplay content) to create a whole campaign of 4 or 5 missions, when the historical event can be simply summed up in 1 campaign.

1 Like

They get that via their civ bonus as well as their Castle UT Greek Fire.

4 Likes

You people say this but then ask for unique castle skins for all civs in the same breath - hypocrisy. Besides both changes equally would or would not mean more structured and reasonable design choices.

2 Likes

Yes because once you do something dumb you have to fix it somehow. Either removing the new castles or making all the civs have castles

Stop calling people hypocrites just because you arent able to understand any motivation as anything but bias (most probably because you Polish people are so stuck on your nationalism)

1 Like

The introduction of yet another new Hussar sprite can be similarly considered as doing “something dumb”. You make no sense.
Either remove the new or old Hussars or clip the non-polish ones’ wings for a better distinguishing and representation. There’s no good reason not to do that, it would take very little work.

2 Likes

And I dont think this is the way to fix it.

Or maybe I just want to keep things consistent while keeping as much as the game as it is. Not to mention I think adding castles ONLY to the new DLC civs breaking the consistency seems like a very lazy business strategy.

We already have Magyar Huszars so I dont see why this is a problem now. If its an elite upgrade to the basic Hussars then Hussars staying the same makes much more sense than changing it. If its not, in that case we can maybe talk about it

1 Like

True…but I cannot help it but dream for a buff for my beloved Byzantines. :heart_eyes:

The general legacy unit set has to be recognizable. Changing a unit which was a fine way of differentiating its predecessor unit for more than 20 years because of the introduction of a new civ seems arbitrary and on that regard contraproductive.

Sure, if we’ll see optional regional client side unit sets one day, I’m completely fine about a few civ having the Hussar skin and not all anymore. But we’re not there yet.

1 Like
1 Like

You missed or just ignored my point. It’s the same as when people ask for the “legacy” castle architecture of old civs to be changed afterwards, which everyone got used to.

If anything would be consistent, it’s giving wings to the Hussars that should have them and removing it from non-polish ones for better differentiation.
There’s no reason not to do it except triggering a few who are unhappy about any changes and additions to the main game whatsoever.

2 Likes

Simplest solution, they should just create one such “non-winged generic hussar” as an event graphics mod. Anyone who wants to use can use the mod, and those who don’t want to and stick to original will not use. They do have the base model of hussar, how hard will it be to render the skin without wings?
More choices is always better, they don’t need to impose the change on everyone by changing the look of hussar in the base game itself.

3 Likes

I suppose they could do the exact same with new castle skins then for those who need them. Even if I myself am no fan of using mods as many tend to mess with my game files.

And I agree, it should take next to no effort to take off their skins.

1 Like

That would be perfect for a Polish event!! Yissss!!

3 Likes

Polish event that removes wings from hussar?

Actually sounds rather ironic. :thinking:

4 Likes