Winter wonderland holiday map mod

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 10807
  • PLATFORM: Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Apparently once you unsubscribe the mod (I needed to do that to play ranked multiplayer), the mod is gone forever, which means you cannot finish the day 2 and day 3 missions…

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

3 Likes

I unlocked the mod, then the mod show up in mod list without size, only an empty folder.
I tried Update but it says I already have the updated mod… I don’t know how to finish day 2 and day 3 missions now

3 Likes

gg

Thank you for the report! We should have a solution on the way later today that will ensure that users who unsubscribe from the mod are able to re-acquire it! Watch for it later! :+1:

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: as per pic
  • PLATFORM: Steam /
    Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
Can’t see any lobbies. Can’t join any steam friends’ lobbies via invite or if I invite them. Keep getting host rejected.

Says something about I have mods enabled and will only see others with same. I don’t know anything about mods and can’t find anything to turn off mods, delete mods, change mods. Nothing

There is a hazard symbol in casual page as shown in pic

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play the game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Be able to use multiplayer

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Cannot play multiplayer

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• too much hassle

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Found in Tools > Mods > Unsubscribe winter wonderland

There was a mod for the new challenges. Had to unsubscribe.
Didn’t have issues with the first round of challenges

For me its the game crashes upon rewarding me the mod and i cannot find the mod in the game. No idea how to progress now because I don’t have that mod.

Thanks for the heads-up, everyone! We’ve informed the dev team who will be looking into this as soon as possible!

After Update to the last hotfix 11148 from MS store, MY unlocked “Winter Wonderland” MOD dispear and can’t download it anymore. That makes that I can’t continue the 4th event challenge!

This issue should be fixed! The Winter Wonderland mod should once again be available via the in-game Mods page once you’ve completed the event. You may need to search for and download the mod to continue with the challenges if it is not showing up in your Tools > Mods list.

Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

Nope, does not work. I unsubscribed the mod, then re-subscribed, restarted the game, saw that the mod is not yet enabled, enabled and restarted again, still does not work even though it’s enabled. Also note the missing preview image.

The question remains: why not just add this map as standard map like Plymouth? This whole mod thing only induces unnecessary problems.

Edit: OK apparently you need to unsubscribe, restart, THEN re-subscribe and it should work.

1 Like

I just installed the game and getting “host rejected” and cant find any multiplayer games and cannot find this mod in the list.