With historical accuracy in mind, the Indian unit roster is anything but

Not only the Mughals, but all Indian Kingdoms and Empires employed more horse cavalry than camel cavalry. Generic Indian Armies composed of Infantry + Elephants + Horses.

India is not a desert. They shouldn’t be just camels with no recruitable horse cavalry. Please devs fix this in Age of Empires series.

My suggestion would be to either make Jat Lancers trainable/cost effective or make the Sowars into rather horse riders rather than camel cavalry so that we have one camel(zamburak) and one horse(sowar) in Indian Stables.

@VagrantBloom811 Don’t try to derail the thread again by writing the same thing again and again.

The change will make the amount of camel units from two to one. Considering how rare they are, this is not a good change in my opinion. Again if you do not like it there is a Jat Lancers card. There are also monastery horse cavalry. Options are there.

Even if the Horse Sowar mod does not work in multiplayer, it works on singleplayer so you can use the mod there.

If we use the Indian Campaign as a basis, the focus is on the 1857 revolt. The so called leader was the last Mughal king. Hence, why Akbar represents the Indians. Bahadur was a weak king, Akbar was not.

1 Like

Jat lancers aren’t nearly as important to India in this timeframe as heavy cavalry. Camel units could be easily made to be recruited as local allies, it would make more sense since they were never a large % of an army

1 Like

i hope they will fix the issue: OOS when using graphics mods

which is a better balance by having one recruitable horse unit for indians along with one camel.

Jat Lancers are hardly viable, they are way too much expensive to be deployed and used and they don’t even upgrade or have a mansabdar version. having them is more like having no horses for indians.

maybe they should add some camel mercenary cards to other civs as well.

you mean wokou?black riders? they are mercenaries not indian units…

1 Like

The basis should be Akbar not 1857 which is basically at the very end of the mod’s timeframe

1 Like

The Indians have Heavy Cavalry. Those are the Elephants. There is no need for heavy horse cavalry as that is a feature of the French. The game is already oversaturated with horse type cavalry units. There is no need to add them to Indians and ruin their unique design.

French Heavy Cavalry are horses.
Indian Heavy Cavalry are elephants.

1 Like

So what? You can still use Horse units if you want to. The options are there.

If you think Jat Lancers are weak then you should make a suggestion thread to improve them.

Again, changing cards is fine, but changing the unit roster is not. That is something that mods should do as it drastically changes the civ design.

1 Like

They changed the dancing pits to community complex for historical accuracy.

They should change the camels to horses. India is not a desert and they did not use camel armies.

they are not weak, they are highly situational and don’t find frequent use.

The Indian Campaign shows the 1857 revolt. Maybe it would be better to just remove Akbar as Indian leader and replace him with an 1857 revolutionary leader. And change the flag too.

1 Like

Changing the looks of units does not drastically change civ design. They have done the same for Native Americans.

AI have already stated multiple times that:-

-aoe 3 is not a historically accurate game.
-Making the game historically accurate is a bad idea.
-It messes up guides, strategies and the feel that has been normalized for years since the classic version.
-I do not like the changes done to the american civs for historical accuracy. The should be reverted to maintain the old feel.

So yes, there is no need to change the civ roster.

Well then use the Jat Lancers in the situational areas. Or suggest changes to make them more usable.

1 Like

It ruins the old feel of the game. Again, there are only two buildable camel units in the game and it will be a big disappointment if it becomes one. When it comes to Horse units there are probably 10 buildable versions out there. Again, the change ruins the uniqueness of the Indians.

you yourself are suggesting changes to looks for accuracy that matters to you.

1 Like

Give camel mercenary cards to more civs, it will make them appear much more frequently.

Why should only Indians be the camel civ?

Honestly, I would rather not change anything. I am suggesting alternatives but I do not support them.

My stance is:-

Indians are good as they are, there is no need to change them and ruin their uniqueness and old feel. They are great as they are. No changes are necessary.

i guess this thread is meant to suggest changes rather than change nothing.

anyways its understandable, there are always some conservative players who want no changes to the game.

They are the only civs because it forms their unique identity in the game. Kind of like AOE 2 Indians. While mercenary cards might be a good idea, there will still only be one buildable camel unit in contrast to more than 10 buildable horse units.

Yeah, lol. I do not want any changes. I am already alarmed by the changes they have done to the american civs. I think it might snowball and make the game worse. Anyways, I have made my points and I will stop discussing. Let time tell whether I would stay at DE or go back to the classic version.

1 Like

Well it should strive to be close at least. How is making it more accurate a bad idea? I understand you like how they are now, but i can’t understand how making it more accurate is bad, especially if they say they are trying to do it at the start of the game