Wonders in team games

In team games, they should require every members of a team to build wonder before the timer start to active.

But in general, maps like Mongolian Height, Black Forest, Hill and dale, Confluence favor defender too much to make a push in giant size map

yes, someone with AOE2 experience knows what I was talking about

played 4 games TG games today, 3v3 and 4v4

3 out of 4 of these games people are building wonder. The only 1 game didnt because I just killed 3 of the opponents by my own.

So, espeically the TG, is a game of Wonder builder? 3000 of each resources to be honest, itā€™s super easy to achieve.

i think they should scale victory timing as per game mode , 15 min for 1v1 and 2v2 , 20 min for 3v3 , 25 min for 4v4 . but it should stay none want 5 hour long game with just trash army .

5 Likes

and the resource should be different, 3000 per resource is really too easy in TG

So, for Wonder Victory it must stay by 15 minute. One thing to remember is the sacred site has only 10. You have a 5 minute window to take a better position and win like this or forced your opponent to move and fight outside his fortress.

But this is true, for a larger map 15 minute is a little to fast, especially if you make archers/infranty

1 Like

Agree. Wonder is cool, is what makes AoE AoE. Perhaps only need a small time adjustment for 3v3, 4v4.

3 Likes

I hope wonder victory is off for ranked personally. Thatā€™s how it worked in aoe2 and aoe3. I donā€™t mind quick play and custom game wonder victory. Or at least a ranked queue without wonder victory. Itā€™s just not that hard to pull off in team games on maps like islands or black forest.

But both teams have it as an option, so you still have to do it faster than your opponents. And you can still get value from aggression that more than pays for itself to help you win the wonder time trial.

1 Like

I agree.but u should be able to choose what game mode u want to play in a game were u have all three or one or the other. I prefer deathmatch mostly no wonders or sites.they definitely need to add a option to choose a game mode in future.

True, but Iā€™d not like my black forest ranked maps to largely come down to who can build the wonder first. Thereā€™s a reason it was not default win condition in the last 2 age games.

1 Like

so now 8 or 9 out of my 10 games, people are just building wonder for win. No matter my teammates and opponents.

Itā€™s really boring to have such games.

1 Like

As people saying at least u dont play for 2 hours.

Now u play several simcity sessions(each 30 mins). Age of Empires: SimCity Edition

yes, I decided to join this ridiculous to practice walling and BO practicing now, change my mindset this isnt AOE but simcity.

ā€œIf you canā€™t beat them, join themā€

and hope one day those people who supporting this will be suffered and know why I raised this out at the start.

Most of my games involving a wonder end with a sacred site victory or killing the wonder. Where the wonder isnā€™t destroyed in time, the team was too weak to win anyway and was already behind.

People are too quick to point out mistakes with the game, when the mistake is with their gameplay. The counters exist but people just donā€™t bother to learn and blame the design of the game.

1 Like

what is your elo?
will there be different in different elo?

I always doing solo and TBH, I only able to see premade team so far has the teamwork to defend and attack the wonder ā€œtogetherā€

1 Like

But itā€™s alright, time will tell, as the smurf issue as well.

I always want this forum to have an elo attached so that I can choose which comment to learn.

1 Like

I do not play 4v4 much but after 28 games I am in the top 500.

By way of example, if one team walls up and camps to a wonder. That is 12k (corrected) resources less for a 15 minute timer. Your team should have map control and stronger forces to take the sacred sites.

If you do not have equal or better economy/army than the camping team, you have already failed and you were going to lose anyway. It is just maths. Sacred site is 10 minute timer GG wonder. Has worked evertime unless the teams are not of equal skill.

Weaker players stay in their base too long and do nothing, always reacting passively. You need to be proactive to control the flow of the game.

1 Like

I do understand the original posterā€™s comments, but I have had games that were economic stalemates.
200 pops were not sufficient for proper breakthroughs and pushing production into the frontline didnā€™t do that much.
Given how bad sacred sites are as you cant wall them properly and the timer resets when any units take itā€¦Its pretty understandable to go for wonders.
However given that there are cannons in this game that cost 600 gold, 3000 in each resource sounds petty cheap.
Going for 6-10k for each resource and increasing build time sounds better.

may be u will play TGs? And after u will judge?
Also, u should remember that not everyone is TheViper.
Check any low elo legend, so what? allow anyone to ruin the game?

Iā€™m not impressed. may be because the game isnew, but really itā€™s too easy to hit. In aoe2 i could not even to dream to reach top500. here - is easy.

Anyway, u can ā€œthrow numbersā€ and strategies, how they should play(because u dont play TG).
But the reality will hit u hard, when ur team mate will rush ā€œwonderā€ victory.