Wonders in team games

in 1v1, 3000 x 4 resources is applied what you said, however in TG it’s really easy to get that, maybe my ranking is currently 1200, too weak to understand what you have said.

But I would highly recommend you to play solo in 4v4 and see how wonder win is so boring in those closed map, and indeed, I found so many closed map in AOE4 which is bit bothering me as well.

Not trying to impress, the guy asked. I play a lot of team games just not much 4v4.

There are existing ways to beat players or teams building wonders. Games are made based on ratings so, unless pre made team against non pre made team, for the most part the game should be of equal skill (meaning if they have 12k more on army you are dead). Games that go on forever with no attacking will be full of mistakes and are no measure of whether wonders are balanced.

I have played solo 4v4 (mostly achieved the rating solo). If the team is worse than the opposing team you will lose, this is not a wonder issue. If there is no teamwork you will lose.

We can probably look at your account and review a game and explain why the loss occurred. I bet there are many more problems before the wonder (non pre made teamwork or lack thereof included).

This is common with all players, we are not all TheViper but you can’t ignore that other mistakes being made (my games included) and then conclude I lost because they built a wonder. I don’t agree and through watching a replay I argue that it can be demonstrated.

Imbalances do exist but players are quick to blame these issues when they probably made so many errors, the perceived imbalance made no difference.

You will never get better if your default is the game is at fault but do what you think is best.

I always support separate solo and premade in different queue, as I have also suggested to do this in upcoming ranked games also.

Maybe that should be the case but that is different from whether wonders need changes.

Also it states that you have played 13 games of 4v4 quickmatch. We do not exactly have the greatest sample size.

The more winconditions the better.

Wonders are supposed to force a move and break stalemate situations into a gameending scenario.

2 Likes

Is the strat that one player fast imps while the others just collect the resources, then sling them to the imp player to build the wonder? I can see that this can allow a wonder to be built fairly early, but even so, feudal aggression with rams should happen much earlier and totally prevent them from doing this. Both the player who is doing a fast imp and the player(s) who want to just collect the resources ASAP should struggle to deal with feudal aggression. If they have enough to defend a units+rams push in feudal AND still get to imp and collect the resources first, then they’re surely just better players.

yes, I wish I can do Feudal aggression in every game but as you know, it’s not so possible to do this with a random stranger.

I think this is the bigger problem, and is something other games try to avoid because it tends to create a bad experience for people.

A premade group going in with a plan already in place is going to have a huge advantage over a PUG that has to figure things out either during the pre-game chat or quick in game.

I would also expect premade teams to likely be in voice chat, making it even easier for them to coordinate better than the PUG.

On most maps when they build the wonder, they are dumping 12k resources into the wonder, you should be able to at least take sacred sites. From the time wonder is finshed, you have 5 minutes to take sacred sites to force them to come out and fight you (since sacred site victory has a shorter countdown than wonder victory).
If they are able to dump 12k on a wonder and you cant take sacred sites or push them during that time, the other team was probably quite ahead anyway.

I love wonder victories, the game its not just about attacking , but yes it can be very frustating sometimes specially when the adversary do a wonder race strategy, so to avoid this it should be more costly, like 5k of all resources or even 10k, in my opinion.

3k is already to the point where it’s only viable on post imp games in 3v3 or 4v4, It’s already unviable in 1v1 or 2v2 except maybe black forest. I’d go so far to say that many maps dont even have 20k stone on the entire map in 1v1,

Increase wonder cost for each team member. Easy fix. i.e 4v4 wonder should be 12k of EACH resource (or perhaps only 7500 - 50% of base cost per additional teammate).

problem is not cost , problem is 15 min is not enough on big map in team game , they should scale victory time with number of players .

The Wonder victory is the authentication mark of Age of Empires since AoE1. It epitomizes the eternity of glory.

One can join tens of millions a year and visit Istanbul or Rome today to understand its power is a thousand times greater than all Hun or Mongol armies.

Plus, strategically speaking in the game, conquest, sacred sites and Wonder victories complement each other.

1 Like

There are 3 ways to win in this game. If the opposing team begins to build a thousand walls and is already in Imperial with the intention of making a wonder (or if they already have it made), think about taking the Sacred Sites and strengthening your map control. If you can’t take those Sacred Sites, you were behind in the game.

1 Like

How do you manage to loose vs Wonder?

It is 3 times more expensive than in AoE2.
You siege weapons are 2 times more effective in AoE4.

Just pick up some Bombards and they crash walls in seconds.

I think different winning times should be set in games with different numbers, in the game of 2v2,15 minutes is just right,but in 1v1’s game, 15 minutes is too long,in 3v3 or 4v4, it should be set longer
In several specific 4v4 maps, giving priority to the construction of wonders is a sure way to win,after many 4v4 matches, I think it is appropriate to set the time to 20-22 minutes

4 Likes

Cost increase would be better option imo

5/5/5/5 or even food to 7-10k so u are clearly behind and your teamates have to do work instead of you.

Some maps are simply stupid because once wonder is completed there is no way to get trough untill there is huge gap between skill.

Removing sacred sites from BF was 70 IQ (max) decision

I think the increase in time is more logical (rather than increase the cost) But in an 8 player map I would not put more than 25 min

Yeah exactly this, I’ve been saying the same thing for many different posts.

Now I’m forced to always play Chinese in 4v4, so that whenever anyone on the opposite team dare to build a wonder, I immediately ctrl+shift+v all my 100 double speed villagers to race to build a wonder ahead of him. That’s how much I’m annoyed by the ridiculous op 15 min timer in huge maps.

1 Like