WTF biggest cavalry counter gets destroyed by shrivamsha rider

Okay, that’s it, we’re now buffing Mameluke to throw five scimitars with one attack. Shrivamsha riders are no more, boys! We’re very smart!

8 Likes

But you can’t kill Shrivamsha like this. The unit is able to stop 5 shots then start recharge, you need to micro with 5 units at least and make them fire at once to kill them one by one, however, I do agree Shrivas are strong and hard to deal with. Next patch they will get a nerf so I don’t know how will their performance will be later.

1 Like

That will be Mamelu-ku-no.

2 Likes

They need a speed nerf.

Its absurd how it is one of the cheapest, fastest to train, fastest attacking and fastest moving cavalry units.

Dude you are so funny, lets make exception for castle and town center that does not specialize killing cavalry and have no bonus damage against them but leave it as is against melee projectile.

Shriviamsha riders should make arrow dodge not melee projectile

4 Likes

Buts that’s pretty standard. Why do we need Mamelukes to kill Shrivamsa when camel or pikes can do the job. Better still use them as a Sheild keep your ranged and ranged melee behind them for extra damage.

Agreed, make sense (20 char)

Cause the mameluke was designed to kill cavalry. It is already barely used we dont need another unit that makes it even more useless

1 Like

And mameluke are useful beyond just killing cavalry. By your logic we should give halbs evsn more bonus damage against mamelukes because despite halbs supposedly being a counter to mamelukes its very easy for mamelukes to micro against them snd utterly destroy them. But i dont see you crying about that. Funny how that works

7 Likes

By your logic lets give huskarls 100 damage per hit against mangudai because its so easy to micro against them. Stop using extreme and useless examples to prove your point. There is something op, there is something fair and underpowered. Shrivamsha are too good against meme-lukes. That’s it and it is my belief like it or not nothing will change my mind and I will complain about it. Last time I complained about dravidians elephants costing 70g killing a memelukes costing 85g. But then meme-lukes are not designed to kill archers even if elephants archers are also considered in some point “cavalry”. So for me it was fair and balanced. The meme-lukes still damaged the elephant and you dont have to provide that many meme-lukes to kill it. So all in all its balanced. But shrivamsha rider is unbalanced. especially against a unit designed to kill it. Shrivmasha rider should block arrow with units benefiting the arrow upgrade from blacksmith not the melee projectiles. That’s my belief like it or not.

1 Like

except that’s not extreme or useless. it’s the norm to use mamelukes to micro against units.

just like shriv is designed to kill projectile based units.

4 Likes

Then in my opinion, it should be nerfed for dodging only arrows.

Yes, except the extra projectiles are all counted as main attack with cavalry bonus included, not a measly +1 damage projectile! Then finally, Mameluke will be the One True Cavalry Counter! It’s why we’re so SMRT - Stupid Mamelukes Rekting Things!

3 Likes

Since this is about Mamelukes I think pikes in front with Mamelukes behind hitting using range maybe a good option to kill SR and Camel combo. With pikes in front mangonel can also be added. Any thoughts?

Looking at Gurjara tech tree it seems if you can make enough pikes to dissuade them from using their stable they don’t have much else.

I think in general you might not want to make Mamelukes into Gurjaras, since they also get +4 melee armor on their camels, and Mamelukes don’t do bonus damage against Camel Riders (Mamelukes only have bonus damage against Cavalry, Camel Riders don’t have the Cavalry armor class, and Camels simply have bonus damage against other Camels).

Pikeman are the best because they deal with both Camels and Shrivamsha Riders, but Chakram throwers would deal with Pikemen. Maybe you need to add Mangonels for that? Pike + siege and monks?

Hussar spam on the side to raid or snipe bombard cannons.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what the hell is going on in this thread. I think it’s insane that Shrimvamsha riders can dodge ranged melee attacks. It makes sense to me that you’d give the Gurjaras a strong anti-archer unit, but right now the unit is so cheap and counters so many units, it’s insane. The Mameluke is one of the most expensive units in the game, it should be able to mop Shrivamsha riders based on general game logic. But instead, they’ve given them a mechanic that makes them strong against all ranged units, and they’re insanely cheap. How does no one in this thread see that as a problem?

Repeating “bUt tHeY dOdGe pRoJeCTiLeS” doesn’t strengthen your argument. It’d be like if Huskarls high pierce armor also protected them from ranged melee attacks, it’d be insane. The combination of only costing 20 gold, and the dodge mechanic is way too much.

3 Likes

SR are overtuned some nerf is required. Well this is like Cataphracts they are cav and counter all anti-cav very effectively. But they kill a lot of other things too very effectively. The only answer is the knight line or against elite paladins.
SR ability is killing all projectile military. They are fragile against anything non-projectile. That’s it.

1 Like

i think this is the answer guys

we change the mamelu-ko-no to fire 9 projectiles, each doing only 1 damage. and then a 10th that does 1 damage + BS upgrades + the usual bonus damage. that way the net damage is still the same vs shivs

balance restored, whoever suggested this should join the dev team immediately

im with you buddy! even if you failed to read like even 2 comments. i agree :

so with the mamelu-ko-no change, this imbalance will be gone!

someone actually admitted to doing this a couple weeks ago. i feel like for most OP its just learned behaviour, due to the spammy garbage on the net, but every now and then someone does do it deliberately, because it works (sadly)

4 Likes

now we just need torsion engine to affect those projectile knives

1 Like