Yet another SteamDB DLC

INDIA <3 …

3 Likes

I’m not sure, this feels too soon if it’s for new civilisations being added. I am in favour and look forward to what it might be but we’ve only just got LotW.

Perhaps it could be different content altogether, we’ll see.

Well both Burgundian and Sicilian had only one OP aspect each at release and that’s pretty much it. I even feel a bit dumb now to have felt they would be too strong, but hey like everyone else I was having flashbacks of OG Cuman destroying absolutely everything. After all what they said to GamerStar was true they won’t try to make new civs to meddle with multiplayer balance. With Hera’s rant about “pay to lose” yesterday ig it’s mission accomlished 11 New civs will probs be controversial because of their gimmicks, not their strenght.

Also, does one SteamDB DLC = a new expansion? It could be placeholder stuff.

1 Like

Never bought a cosmetic DLC in any game, but I’d do it for Age 2 DE. It would defenitely be a new game and would make Asian, Mesoamerican and African civs immersive as the European ones

4 Likes

Yeah, only Viper Hera, MBL and all other Pro’s agreed that Sicilians Castle Age UT and Coustallier were beyond broken…
But what do they know, I mean seriously,

Also what about fixing the game first before releasing DLC’s?

So as I predicted in another thread, they are going for two DLCs per year six months apart?

Of course, that means we will be paying an extra 5 dollars/euro per year for the expansions but I guess we will get more campaigns to compensate.

I predict that the new expansion will focus on India.

1 Like

Here’s hoping.

Though honestly, not a fan of of the bite-sized 2 civs per DLC approach.

I want proper expansion packs, dammit. Even if they’re 12-18 months apart.

7 Likes

2 civs is very tiny. For Western Europe it would be enough, but for the rest of the world 2 civilizations would be pathetic. Eastern Europe itself is hopelessly represented in the game (slapdash).

1 Like

We have Slavs, Magyars, Bulgarians, Lithuanians, Byzantines, Huns and Goths or even Crimean Steppe people. 7 if I don’t count Tatars and Cumans, for a region which is 20 times smaller than Africa, Asia or America. At the same time we have 3-3 African and American civs and Asia is still underrepresented.

4 Likes

I hope they stop with this “thematic” DLCs to be honest, I would rather have a bunch of civs from different parts of the world (like The Conquerors). Variety makes new civ packs way more interesting.

4 Likes

I would rather classify the Huns and Goths into a different group (civilizations from the dark ages).

Unfortunately, it will be difficult to represent the Africans well, as we do not have many historical sources about them. The same goes for Americans too.

I suggest 5 East European civs, 3 Asian civs, 4 African civs, 4 American civs and 2 Oceania civs.

5 Eastern European civs hurt you?

1 Like

I suggest, 10-10-10 Asian-American-American civs.

1 Like

This is an auction?
Who gives more?

2 Likes

20 for American? (for the both Americans or maybe for one of them?)

Respectfully disagree.
Imho, African Kingdoms and Rise of the Rajas were the best expansion packs, since they really focused on providing an in-depth look on the new civs on offer (and specifically how they interacted with each other), as well as showcasing the new scenario editor objects, tilesets, etc.

Ofc, since I only really play single-player, my opinion is gonna be somewhat skewed.

4 Likes

10 overall: Inuits, Mississippians, Pueblos, Iroquois, Tarascans, Zapotecs, Chimus, Caribs, Mapuche, Muisca.

It focused 4 different regions: West Europe, West Africa, East Africa, North Africa.

3 Likes

That’s fine, it’s just a matter of personal preference. I still like The Conquerors the best.

1 Like

There’s even another one which was added 3 hours ago.

3 Likes

so they finally made it @ capture age & thread 81255.
glad to see

Name in the data base is Prague. Apparently Bohemians are confirmed :slight_smile:

8 Likes