Yet another SteamDB DLC

yeah, Paradox games are basically not worth buying when they are new… wait until all the DLC is out, and when everything is -75% steam sale lol

3 Likes

Bohemian Rhapsody playing in background

3 Likes

Devs: Bismillah, no!
Fans: We will not let you go!
Devs: Let me go!

(Epic guitar riff in the background)

2 Likes

Hopefully the second civ will be Georgians.

8 Likes

Unless it is Swiss!!!

I would love Swiss. But Georgians would be fairer to everyone involved.

1 Like

Georgians would be better because they appear in some of the campaigns

7 Likes

It is that both Bohemians and Swiss would tie up well in a “End of the Middle Ages” style DLC.

The Swiss broke the primacy of Heavy Cavalry on the battlefield, and the Bohemians broke the hegemony of the Catholic Church in the West.
Both were huge cultural synonyms with the Middle Ages.

5 Likes

Both are angry villagers armed with sticks :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Battle of the Golden Spurs illustrates why it is a terrible idea to annoy Villagers with sharp sticks.

When you have nothing to lose, you have a lot to gain by armed resistance.

2 Likes

Even game play vise it would be interesting to see militia armies alongside the tradition knightly civis we have ingame.

1 Like

To be 100% correct, Hussites were not only villagers, part of nobility were also involved as well as rich tradesmen/guildsmen in cities. Logically they preferred more realistic approach and seeked some acceptable terms with Catholics. They were largely members of Utraquists (moderates).

The opposing faction were Taborits, radicals.

A wagon fort was also a solution against heavy knights as well as swiss used pikes. Hussites had cavalry to infantry ratio around 1:10 so it was essential to find something against large heavy cavalry charges.

Here is a good video about them. Its short so it does not contain everything and there are some simplifications but as an intro its excellent.

7 Likes

so like all american civs?

No lol.

Aztecs and Incas were militarized empires and Mayans were still mostly warriors

2 Likes

depends on how one defines those

They werent angry villagers.

They had sticks, but they werent angry villagers.

1 Like

I guess now we agree

Something like that.

What I mean is not professional soldier like m@a or knights.

Im talking about Aztecs, Incas and Mayans. Not about the Euro civs

3 Likes