Yet another SteamDB DLC

https://steamdb.info/app/813780/dlc/
https://steamdb.info/app/1557210/subs/

If I had to guess, it’s another mini-expansion à la Lords of the West. Hopefully Africa, America and India will get some love.

Last time, it was Lords of the West:

16 Likes

I won’t buy new civs if they are European, unless they are broken.

7 Likes

They will be brokent at the beginning, no matter if European or not. Though I agree that more Europe would be boring.

I’m not sure yet how I’ll react if it turns out to be uninspired civ picks.

1 Like

you will jump around joyously, for you have received NEW European civilizations and campaigns

and you will be happy!

3 Likes

the newest ones weren’t that broken

5 Likes

Or maybe a unique castle dlc?

3 Likes

Not necessarily.
Apart from the Coustillier bug, neither of the last 2 civs were broken. In fact, they are too weak for serious tournament play.

2 Likes

Is that worth $10?
Word limit

About as much work as creating a new architecture set if you keep the Default castle for one civ and make unique ones for the rest.

Yes its lot of work but will people buy that? If its regional unit skins absolutely worth it.

4 Likes

I doubt they would have the audacity to make some sprite color changes to actually fit a civilization as a purchase only DLC

That and arch changes would be free content within an update

3 Likes

I would not buy any of those, to be honest.
All I want is more civs, campaigns, maps, historical battles, animals and scenario objects.

10 Likes

Regional unit skins are for scenarios,it would make things look great.

2 Likes

Maybe not 10$ but 5$ would be ok for a unique castles DLC.

3 Likes

Cosmetic extensions should be part of a large DLC. I’d rather pay $ 15 for four new civs, new campaigns and Historical Battles, and cosmetics (regional unit looks, new architecture, maybe even new tracks).

Better big extension combining new essential features with cosmetics than small cosmetic DLC.

6 Likes

DLC Boyars of the East + 4-5 civs: Wends (West Slavs: e.g. Poles and Czechs), Serbocroats (or another name for South Slavs), Georgians, Armenians. (possible also Romanians)
New architecture style - Byzantine
New regional look for units
New tracks
New campaigns

2 Likes

I’m not fond of cosmetic DLCs since they are like microtransactions. I like the old style expansions.

4 Likes

I don’t like them either - I don’t like Paradox game extensions, 100 cosmetic DLCs. I prefer decent DLCs where the cosmetics would be a nice bonus to the expansion.

2 Likes

Lords of the West was added in 20th August. I guess the new DLC will be released at the end of June.

7 Likes

Depends on the size but if it has the same size as “Lords of the West” it seems likely.

I guess we’ll get three new civs to get up to 40 and 1 campaign for a base game civ. Adding 2 would feel awkward. Maybe we’ll get even 5, but that would probably mean a longer development cycle. It’s probably a smaller one.

Wait and see. If it’s supposed to be released then, I guess we’ll know more about it in 2-3 months.

1 Like