You were dropped from the game because of a sync error

This error has become very frustrating and drops our internal LAN game every time…What the hell Microsoft…just roll back the damn update that bricked your game…ALSO why do i need to connect top your xbox live site to play a game with others on a private network that we all have paid for!

1 Like

It seems to me that it depends on the number of units that currently exist on the map and are actively moved. Because the error somehow always occurs as soon as the players or AI operate with large troop units.
After all - in Age2 there has been the same problem for a long time. At least partially.

1 Like

Well we were good for a while after I got my brother a new wifi card for his computer and then we started trying a couple of days ago and we get about 1 hour in and it seems to happen when we are bombarding the AI with the catapult ships to take down towers. Maybe it’s sea related? I am going to try tomorrow and set the population cap at 50 and see what happens to test your theory nostrodomos. Also to check out the new update. I nearly fell outta my chair when I got home from work and was notified of the update.

1 Like

We also have this problem again and again. It occurs randomly and very often :frowning:

Is someone working on it to fix this error ?

2 Likes

Agreed. These sync errors happened two games out of two tonight. Family of four here, we bought four copies of this game on steam. Very frustrating.

4 Likes

This still happens in build 46777

2 Likes

@BBQTurkman do you have any new information ?

It’s totaly frustrating, because this sync error occurs again and again :frowning:

2 Likes

Experiencing the same issue at random times in lobby matches, it’s becoming more frequent recently

3 Likes

Yes, once upon a time it happened from time to time, now it seems we can only rarely finish a game.

1 Like

In AOE DEII you can save and restore games. Why is that not an option in AOE DE1?

4 Likes

To good and to modern.

That would certainly help.

Just ended in a sync error 2v6, all 6 teams were eliminated except 1, and only 2 houses left. sigh

2 Likes

GRRRR can’t get out of Tool Age without a sync error

1 Like

:cry:

I’ve been experiencing the issue so often to the point that I couldn’t stand it any more. So I’ve decided to submit a support ticket, hoping I would get some worthy help.

And to add more fuel to my frustration fire, AOE Support team responded with a ridiculous message below.

2 Likes

Same here…
I couldn’t image that how MS & Steam can ship out the new UI-oriented version but unplayable likes that.
Can I have my money back? LOL.

1 Like

Yes, I understand you completely. You write to the support exactly what you have done and what the error is and then something like this comes back. I also find that ne impudence and could not upset myself enough about something like that.
But unfortunately, that’s the way it is nowadays and they will probably have no choice to answer that these “solutions” did not work.

2 Likes

I think we’ve narrowed it down to specific civilizations. We can play without sync errors fairly consistently with these:

• Choson
  • Hittite
  • Carthaginian
  • Palmyran
  • Sumerian
  • Yamato
  • Greek
  • Roman
  • Minoan
  • Assyrian
  • Macedonian
  • Egyptian

Those that seem to cause issues:

• Persian
  • Babylonian
  • Shang
  • Phoenician

Interested in knowing if others have similar results.

No, I had the sync errors also with Chosonen and Romans. I think it is just random.

UPDATE: we can play consistently without a sync error using those civs, in Rivers maps. Hill Country gives sync errors.

4 Likes