You were dropped from the game because of a sync error

Game Version:

• Build: 38862
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: splittlefield

Issue:

I’m playing a multiplayer game with some friends against computers. We usually play 2v5 or 2v6 and at least 80% of the time the game seems to quit midway through and we get the following error message" You were dropped from the game because of a sync error. Your network connection may have been lost." However our internet connections are fine so it’s not that.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Simply play a multiplayer game, usually 2v5 or 2v6. The game drops midway though.

ATTACHMENTS:

3 Likes

For me the same yesterday :pensive:

2 Likes

same for me, almost every game nowadays… play 2v6 and 3v5 a lot and if we survive the initial onslaught it crashes mid game quite often during the large battles

3 Likes

Yeah, mine was also 2vs6 :astonished:

2 Likes

Thanks for the report splittle!
This is now being tracked.

6 Likes

Sadly still getting this error on both LAN and Online. :frowning:

1 Like

I have started getting this error in the vast majority of my games now, ever since the July patch was released. The game is basically unplayable. There isn’t any warning - the game doesn’t lag or slow down or stutter the way the original did, just an immediate drop to the scoreboard with the sync error message. Please at least give people the option to roll back to older versions of the game until you fix this!

Edit: We usually play 3 humans vs 5 computers

1 Like

I bought the game through steam with a couple of friends. But it’s unplayable. I think 90% of the games we get this error “you were dropped out of the game because of a sync error”. We are all on wired internet, stable and fast. Why does this happen? Why no retry in connection?

Hi BBQTurkman, any updates yet?

Please not so fast! Only one update per year!

1 Like