A Conjecture about the Next New Civilization

I support a separate Prussian civ but no more than that. Problem is how we call the old “German” civ. “German” includes Prussians, but “Austrian” or “Habsburg” is too specific and HRE is as bad a civ name as US.

You people really would rather have a dozen tiny Germany civs than a third african civ.

4 Likes

Some people have a fixation with spliting Germany in every duchie* because we all know that Prussia fought very different from Saxony and that of course means that they need a whole new civ.

Even von Clausewitz say that most European armies fight similarly, by his time.

I guess is time for my own German split proposal, like the one I did with AoE2 Italy

Edit: why is the singular of duchie censored?

Why is Austrian too specific? They had direct control over regions of southern Germany, and Bohemia, and indirect control over much of the rest of Germany via their domination of the HRE. And it wouldn’t just be two German civs, other peoples of central Europe could also see inclusion since they were part of the Austrian Empire.

2 Likes

Yeah just like “medieval English and French are veeery different because the former uses more archers and the latter uses more knights, but the entire Indian subcontinent are a huge blob of people that uses elephants”.

No it’s just that modern media represents the former better.
Like before Empire Total War I would consider the entire line infantry-era European army very similar. I would not think (stereotypically) that British and Prussians have good shooting skills and Russians poorer.

I mean with respect to the current German civ which also encompasses Bavaria, Saxony, etc.

The assumption of AOE 3 not suitable for pursuing a large number of civs is baseless. When the devs confirm that no civ are to be added in the future then that will be the final word.

1 Like

while i certainly dont want german split and would like something like kongo, there is no lying that i think the african civs are pretty poorly designed. the age up is IMO too complicated for their own good, and i never really feel like im playing as africans with them, there is too much gunpowder at least for hausa.

again, id love to see Kongo or Rozvi or something, but the design should be rethought a bit i think.

1 Like

The few references to minor German states are covered by the Austrian rule over the HRE.

They could have better inclusion in a Prussian civ anyways. Prussia was the unifier of Germany so it could have a state adding age up system (like USA and Mexico) where it incorporates the various minor states as it ages up.

ehm, where did you read the devs saying anything like that? i mean they havent said we wont get stuff but there is a fairly big jump from that to saying they wont stop at some point.

When Prussia unified Germany muskeets weren’t too popular. You’d have to include single shot rifles for every civ if that’s your reasoning.

What are you talking about? Prussia is as old as the Teutonic Order and steadily expanded since then.

1 Like

I hope that you are right about the first 3 but 4 no pls would like a africa or azia or complete differend like australia new zeealand

I hope we get korea with thr usa as a consulate option.
And sorry but i hope for Gran colombia
Brazil
Canada
Damish
Polen

Likewise, here the one who knows what civilization is coming is our oracle. I invoke you @AssertiveWall20

6 Likes

Age of Empires III Definitive Edition

Definitive Edition.

Inca.
Swedes.
Note: These are just bonus civilizations and do not represent anything.

Empires of North America.

United States.
Mexicans.
Note: these civilizations represent a clear interest in expanding the American continent.

The African Royals.

Ethiopians.
Hausa.
Note: These civilizations are from the continent that has suffered the most from the colonization of the European powers.

Knights of the Mediterranean.

Italians.
Maltese.
Note: Italy had a huge impact on the culture of the American continent and Malta is basically a gift to fans of the franchise.

I think the developers will repeat the move, add two post-colonial civilizations, two civilizations from some continent that was plundered by the European powers of the time and then more European civilizations.

South American independentists.

Argentines. :pray:
Brazilians. :pray:

¿Looted Empires?

¿?
¿?

¿European Empires?.

¿?
¿?

Assuming my prediction comes true, which civilizations do you think would fit into Looted Empires and European empires?

This is just a guess and is based solely on my opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

As much as I’d like the Commonwealth or a separated Austrian Empire, what the game needs in my opinion is more African representation (like already mentioned Kongo, Zulu or Morocco), more Asian representation (Persians for the west, Koreans for the east and Siames for the south-east for example) and lastly some more American natives, especially for the south (Mapuche). For Australia, Oceania or Polynesia I’d like some maps with new native posts.

2 Likes

Yes. But by the Napoleonic Wars, it wasn’t that different from Austria or Saxony

That’s understandable considering it gained half of Saxony’s territory after the Napoleonic Wars.

A civ is going to be designed based on its most iconic time period and features. For Prussia that would be the period with Frederick the Great and the Seven Years’ War and then Bismarck and the Austro-Prussian War.

In the game it could have plenty to contrast it with an Austrian faction.

• Mobile Reiters instead of tanky War Wagons
  • Landwhers as unique Musketeers instead of no Musketeers
  • Ageing up with states instead of standard politician age ups
  • Teutonic features such as Teutonic Knights
  • Unique church techs based on Protestant events instead of Catholic ones
  • Could play into the “army with a state” trope with stunted villager production instead of ultra-productive Settler Wagons
  • More German focused instead of multi-ethnic unique units
3 Likes

Better have them recover the Aztec war dance. Aztecs should not be bound to Sioux progressism.

1 Like