A request to the devs: Please switch the Persians to the Central Asian architecture before release of their rework

Then people would complain this area is empty so xyz needs to be added,it will make a medieval game in to rise of nations.current UI is perfectly fine.

2 Likes

I really like your idea. However with current civs, I think 15 regions is too more than necessary.

I’ll go like this :

1. American = Incas, Aztecs, Mayans
  2. Africans = Berbers, Malians, Ethiopians
  3. Western Europe = Celts, Burgundians, Franks, Britons
  4. Central Europe = Teutons, Vikings, Bohemians, Goths
  5. Eastern Europe = Slavs, Bulgarians, Byzantines, Poles, Lithuanians, Magyars
  6. Mediterranean = Spanish, Portuguese, Italians, Romans, Sicilians
  7. Steppe = Tatars, Mongols, Huns
  8. Caucasia = Cumans, Armenians, Georgians
  9. Middle Eastern = Turks, Saracens, Persians
  10. Eastern Asia = Chinese, Japanese, Koreans
  11. Indians/Southern Asia = Bengalis, Gurjaras, Hindustanis, Dravidians
  12. South-Eastern Asia = Malay, Khmer, Vietnamese, Burmese

The in-game Vietnamese represents the historical Dai Viet kingdom of North Vietnam and they should be grouped with East Asia rather than SEA.

2 Likes

No! That would add too many more civs to AoE2 and AoE2 already has so many civs.

That’s exactly what this idea is about. In this way, continents such as America and Africa could receive more civs - and not only them.

They will have to use exaggerated projections or else some regions will not have enough space to put all the icons.

Probably India could do with more Civs before either of those. Also change the Persian architecture?

1 Like

Change the Persian Architecture.

11 Likes

We’ll give 'em a little reminder here once a week lol

14 Likes

Another week has passed.

Please fix the War Elephant Icon as well.

1 Like

It just doesn’t make any sense.
The Central Asian architecture set just screams Persia.

2 Likes

The Middle Eastern Monastery is probably one of the ugliest looking monasteries. It is blocky, plain coloured and has prison cell bars on its windows. The dome is much too small and the two pillars make no sense for a Arabian/Turkish mosque.

2 Likes

All mosques have unique grill designs on their windows. They look beautiful and allow ventilation.

Reminds me I don’t like the Southeast Asian one either.

South East Asian one is my favourite.

Agree that is abit too over the top. Could have toned down the accessories.

My favorite one is the Western European one, having grown up in a predominantly Christian country where I’d often see churches like that.

What is the African Monastery, a church or mosque? Or something else?

It is my least favorite because it doesn’t match with rest of the buildings.

It’s a mosque, based on Larabanga Mosque in Ghana.

The Middle Eastern Monastery has iron bars on its windows. It’s terrible looking. Its roof is also so plain and the dome is so small.