Then people would complain this area is empty so xyz needs to be added,it will make a medieval game in to rise of nations.current UI is perfectly fine.
I really like your idea. However with current civs, I think 15 regions is too more than necessary.
I’ll go like this :
- American = Incas, Aztecs, Mayans
- Africans = Berbers, Malians, Ethiopians
- Western Europe = Celts, Burgundians, Franks, Britons
- Central Europe = Teutons, Vikings, Bohemians, Goths
- Eastern Europe = Slavs, Bulgarians, Byzantines, Poles, Lithuanians, Magyars
- Mediterranean = Spanish, Portuguese, Italians, Romans, Sicilians
- Steppe = Tatars, Mongols, Huns
- Caucasia = Cumans, Armenians, Georgians
- Middle Eastern = Turks, Saracens, Persians
- Eastern Asia = Chinese, Japanese, Koreans
- Indians/Southern Asia = Bengalis, Gurjaras, Hindustanis, Dravidians
- South-Eastern Asia = Malay, Khmer, Vietnamese, Burmese
The in-game Vietnamese represents the historical Dai Viet kingdom of North Vietnam and they should be grouped with East Asia rather than SEA.
No! That would add too many more civs to AoE2 and AoE2 already has so many civs.
That’s exactly what this idea is about. In this way, continents such as America and Africa could receive more civs - and not only them.
They will have to use exaggerated projections or else some regions will not have enough space to put all the icons.
Probably India could do with more Civs before either of those. Also change the Persian architecture?
Change the Persian Architecture.
We’ll give 'em a little reminder here once a week lol
Another week has passed.
Please fix the War Elephant Icon as well.
It just doesn’t make any sense.
The Central Asian architecture set just screams Persia.
The Middle Eastern Monastery is probably one of the ugliest looking monasteries. It is blocky, plain coloured and has prison cell bars on its windows. The dome is much too small and the two pillars make no sense for a Arabian/Turkish mosque.
All mosques have unique grill designs on their windows. They look beautiful and allow ventilation.
Reminds me I don’t like the Southeast Asian one either.
South East Asian one is my favourite.
Agree that is abit too over the top. Could have toned down the accessories.
My favorite one is the Western European one, having grown up in a predominantly Christian country where I’d often see churches like that.
What is the African Monastery, a church or mosque? Or something else?
It is my least favorite because it doesn’t match with rest of the buildings.
It’s a mosque, based on Larabanga Mosque in Ghana.