Abbasid gameplay

Idk about the build limit and I think the cost being so high is on purpose to kinda even out the free early tech

Agree on all points except tc landmarks, I feel Abbasid outposts should extend HoW range past walls and get some kind of buff like +100 hp +1 fire armor to landmarks in small radius of outposts so players get more out of putting outposts around their precious landmarks

2 Likes

I made some proposals for abasí

1 Like

the zamburak are in aoe 3…Zamburak | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

Camels reduce the damage of all cavalry by 20%. It works as intended, but in some languages the tooltip shows an incorrect value.

1 Like
2 Likes

your calculations are good, the idea is that the rider’s aura decreases the lancer knight’s attack by 20%, it’s a bonus against a single unit, so if the rival doesn’t produce cavalry my bonus is useless, the " “men-at-arms” are very good against camels, therefore I have no counterplay, in my publication I proposed that the bonus be similar to the crossbowman, that is, against all heavy units, not exclusively against cavalry

1 Like

The Abbasids in the game last until 1517…

I forgot that the walls cut off buildings that count towards their Golden Age bonus. Either allow walls to count towards the Golden Age Tier or reduce the number of buildings required to reach Tier 3 golden age.

Because the HoW has several techs per wing I do NOT think they should be free as that would be better than any landmark of any other civ except delhi house of learning. However I do thing they should be extremely CHEAP and research QUICKLY.

For example all age 2 techs should go from costing 175 resources to 75 resources and all research in 30 seconds. I think 30 seconds should be the max time for all HoW technologies.

Next all current and original HoW technology should have multiple facilities where you can research the techs. This versatility will allow you to age and still research your HoW technologies.

Now let’s talk units…

The camel archer IS stronger than an archer DPS/cost vs Spearman.

Camel archer: 30 attack/1.25sec/240 res compared to archers: 10 attack/ 1.5 sec/80 res.

IMO the base camel archer is FINE. (Youll eventually get upgrades)

The camel rider though…

This unit needs a charge speed boost like every other melee unit in the game please and thank you.

Also I think an early version of this unit SHOULD be available in fedual age!! This alone would make abbasid a real anti early knights civ.

Likewise I think the camel speed technology SHOULD also be moved to fedual age.

Keep all the costs fo units as is.

Summary
All HoW technologies are extremely cheap and take 30 seconds to research.
All HoW technologies have multiple facilities where they could be researched potentially in parallel.
Camel rider are first available in feudal age.
Camels riders get a charge speed boost like every other melee unit in the game.
Camel speed upgrade Is also available in feudal age.

1 Like

Here is a misconception. A camel archer doesn’t displace 3 archers in all functionality. Camel archers are only cost efficient vs Spearman assuming you won’t get swarmed by spears… camel archers are late game population efficient over archers (even without camel upgrades). Lastly camel archers are que time efficient vs archers resources per que time (80res/15s vs 240res/35s).

If they make base camel archers stronger you’ll end up with the Rus horse archer scenario all over again (especially if they get all the Imperial upgrades for them).

This is extremely hard / nearly impossible to pull off in higher levels of play.
Building 3 marketplaces early on will put you FAR behind before they return their value and become useful.
I don’t think it is possible to win with such a strat even at 1000+ ELO and defensive maps. Any opponent that will sniff that’s whats happening will destroy you right away.

I feel like the trade wing comes in handy in team games where you are at a very defensive lategame stalemate, thats about it.

1 Like

I just figured out ‘Boot camp’ is actually a very good military tech.
It gives 15% more hitpoints to infantry units. But that does not limit itself to the barracks, it also includes archery range units the archer, crossbowman and handcannoneer. In that sense the Abbasid have one of the best handcannoneers in the game after Streltsy.

An Elite Spearman fully upgraded for a regular civ has 130 hitpoints. With Bootcamp, an Abbasid elite spearman has 149.5 hitpoints.
An Elite MaA for a regular civ has 180 hitpoints. With Bootcamp an Abbasid E MaA has 207 hitpoints.
A normal elite archer has 95 hitpoints. An Abbasid bootcamp elite archer has 109 hitpoints.
Same for the crossbowman
A regular handcannonneer has 150 hitpoints. A handcannoneer for an Abbasid player with bootcamp upgrade has 172.5 hitpoints.
In imperial age the Abbasid has very strong MaA and Handcannoneers! :smiley:
A regular fully upgraded MaA has 14 melee attack. With an increase of 27 hitpoints, it means an Abbasid MaA can take 2 more hits from a regular MaA.
Same goes for the handcannonneer, only a Streltsy has an immense attack upgrade. But the Abbasid infantry becomes quite tanky, especially when squaring of countering a unit against their own type. Like countering archers by using archers, or MaA vs MaA.

A Delhi MaA has +2 attack, which gives a total of 16 melee attack. A bootcamp E MaA with 207 hitpoints can take 12.93 hits. While a Delhi MaA with regular hitpoints of 180 takes 12.85 hitpoints. So in that case the bootcamp equals out the Delhi Honed Blades upgrade.

The added 15% hitpoints is also better than the Mongols improved army tactics, which adds another 10% of hitpoints. So Abbasid infantry will have 5% more hitpoints. An Abbasid MaA will have 207 hp, while a Mongol MaA will have 198. Which is half the attack. So an Abbasid MaA can take one more hit than a Mongol MaA.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! The new patch allows Abbasid to reach later ages where this may be effective. Their economic boom is usually what sustains them to victory.

I actually thought of a Drush strategy.
Put 3 villagers on food and the other 3 on wood. Than 2 on food and the rest on wood. And later add a sixth villager on food.
Then you can build a barrack, and make 5 spearmen.
Build a ram. And deny age up to your enemy! That will delay them by atleast 5 minutes if you destroy their landmark before its done.
And meanwhile your ram drush you can focus on age up yourself. You’ll be a few minutes late, but the other one will be a lot more minutes later!
If it actually works out because i’ve experimented it on an AI for now. And use the spearmen to defend the ram against villagers and spearmen.
On 1v1 it could be a viable strategy.