Additional shipments of my wish in AOE3

Aztec:

Cuachicqueh: Enable combat promotion for Jaguar Prowl Knights(Age3)

British:

Loyalist Militias: Manors spawn Musketeers instead of Settlers(Age 3)

Gentlemen-at-arms: Allows the Explorer to train specified amount(maybe 8 in Age 3, 12 in Age 4, 16 in Age 5) of Halberdiers(with +25% cost, but also have +20% HP, +20% melee and range resistance , +4 attack and Valor promotion)(Age 3)

Gurkha Regiment: 1,000 coins for 12 Gurkhas, plus allowing them to be trained and upgraded in barracks(Age 3)

Horse Guards: 2,000 coins for 8 Cuirassiers, plus allowing them to be trained and upgraded in stables(Age 4)

British Honduras: 2,000 coins for 12 Maya Holcan Javelineers and 12 Carib Blowgunners, plus their respective Champion upgrades and alliance with both Maya and Carib tribes to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy(Age 4)

Abyssinian expedition: 3,000 coins for 14 Sepoys, 8 Sowars and 2 Siege Elephants(Age 4)

Chinese:

Shenjicung(神機銃): +10% cost for Arquebusiers, in exchange for -1 ROF (Age 3)

Modified Tufançi Muskets(魯密銃): +1.5x anti-cavalry melee multiplier for Arquebusiers(Age 3)

Yunnan Horse-cleavers(雲南斬馬刀): allow Changdao Swordsmen to deal splash damage(with 1 AOE)(Age 3)

Taiping Tianguo(太平天國): Turn all villagers to Changdao Swordsmen by using 800 food, 800 wood and 800 coin(Age 4)

Nien Cavalries (捻軍): Turn all villagers to Steppe Riders by using 500 food, 500 wood and 500 coin(Age 4)

Portuguese Macau auxiliaries: 500 coins for 6 Cannoneers, plus allowing them to be trained in Castles and Docks(Age 3)

Tigerman(虎衣藤牌): 2,000 coins for 18 Rattan Shields, plus Honoured upgrade and +1.0x multiplier against melee cavalries for the first of these (Age 4, an upgrade of (Infinite)10 Rattan Shields)

Ever Triumphant Army(常捷軍): 2,000 coins for 12 Fusiliers, plus allowing them to be trained in Castles and Docks(Age 4)

Dutch:

Blue Guards: +20% cost for Grenadiers, but also grant them +2 range, +2.25x multiplier against Cavalries and +1.35x multiplier against Shock Infantries (Age 4)

Red Lancers: 2,000 for 14 Chevaulegers, plus Royal Guard upgrade and alliance with House of Wittlesbach to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 4)

Dutch Formosa: grant non-siege units (of own nation) buff aura to boost multipliers against specified units of nearby friendly native units(5% each, 100% at maximum)(Age 3)

Nederlands-Brazilië: 1,500 coins for 30 Tupi Blackwood Archers, plus Elite upgrade and alliance with Tupi tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Kochin protectorate: 3,000 coins for 15 Tiger Claws and 5 War Elephants, plus Honoured upgrade and alliance with Bhakti temple to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 4)

French:

Friendly Condottieri: 1,500 coins for 10 Elmetti(Age 4)

French India: 1,000 coins for 10 Sepoys, plus allowing them to be trained and upgraded in barracks(Age 3)

Haute-Louisiane: 1,500 coins for 20 Cree Trackers , plus Elite upgrade and alliance with Cree tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Basse-Louisiane: 1,500 coins for 25 Seminole Sharktooth Bowmen, plus Elite upgrade and alliance with Seminole tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Red Lancers: 2,000 for 14 Chevaulegers, plus Royal Guard upgrade and alliance with House of Wittlesbach to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 4)

Empire du Mexique: ships a Hacienda wagon. The Hacienda can spawn Guard Soldados and upgrade them to Imperial(Age 4)

Régiment de Hohenlohe: 2,000 coin for 15 Line Infantries, plus Royal Guard upgrade and alliance with House of Habsburg to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 4)

Expédition de Morée: 2,000 coin for 20 Evzones, plus Royal Guard upgrade and alliance with House of Phanar to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 4)

Germans:

Klein-Venedig: 1,000 coins for 16 Carib Blowgunners, plus Elite upgrade and alliance with Carib tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Haudenosaunee:

Nya Sverige: 1,000 coins for 6 Hakkapelits and 2 Leather Cannons(Age 3)

Hausa:

Danske Guldkyst: 1,000 coins for 14 Royal Hunters, plus Elite upgrade and alliance with House of Oldenburg to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Japanese:
Ichiryo Gusoku(一領具足): HPs of Sentries no longer dwindle(and +50% , +1.0x multiplier against Melee Cavalries, Melee Shock Infantries and Siege Weapons), plus can be trained in Rice Paddies, depend on how many Rice Paddies they have(6 for each, perhaps)(Age 2)

Dojima rice exchange (堂島米市): each rice paddy reduce 5% of transaction fees in Market(5% at minimum)(Age 3)

Triple volley(三段擊): +10% cost of Ashigaru Musketeers, in exchange for -1.5 ROF(Age 3)

Tensho Embassy(天正遣歐少年使節): Ships an Italian Basilica wagon, plus Papal units available upon its completion (Age 3)

Kyokugai Chūritsu(局外中立): 1,000 coins for 2 Gatling Guns(Age 4, can be shipped twice)

Incans:
Vilcanamba Arquebusiers: 1,000 for 15 Insurgentes with both Machete and Reservistas upgrades, can be trained and upgrade further in War Huts(Age 3)

Manco Horsemen: 1,000 for 10 Lancers, plus allowing them to be trained and upgraded in Kallankas(Age 3)

Indians:
Mysore Cuirassiers: 2,000 coins for 8 Cuirassiers, plus allowing them to be trained and upgraded in stables(Age 4)

Estado da Índia: 500 coins for 6 Cannoneers, plus allowing them to be trained in Castles and Docks(Age 3)

Dansk Ostindien: 1,000 coins for 14 Royal Hunters, plus Elite upgrade and alliance with House of Oldenburg to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Pondicherry reinforcements: 1,000 coins for 10 Middle Guard Grenadiers(with auto upgrade)(Age 4, Infinite)

Italians:

Gardes Velites: +20% cost for Grenadiers, but also grant them +2 range, +2.25x multiplier against Cavalries and +1.35x multiplier against Shock Infantries (Age 4)

Lakota:

Winchester rifles: 10% extra costs for both Wakina Rifles and Rifle Riders , in exchange for -1 ROF, +2 LOS and range for the former and -0.5 ROF, +4 LOS and range for the latter(Age 4)

Mexicans:
Adelitas: grant settlers healing ability, +20.0x ranged multiplier against hero and mercenaries, +10.0x ranged multiplier against heavy infantries, light cavalries, siege weapons and native units, with 20% extra cost(Age 2)

Lanceros Jalisco: grant Chinacos Valor promotion
American anti-imperial volunteers: 2,000 for 15 Revolutionary Sharpshooters and 3 Gatling Guns (Age 4, Infinite)

Rurales: -1 ROF for Salteadores(Age 4)

Ottomans:

Mansure Army: 2,000 coins for 10 Hungarian Hussars, plus allowing them to be trained in stables and grant them splash damage(AOE 1), while Janissaries/Nizam-i-Cedit receive combat promotion and all Delis become Hungarian Hussars as well(Age 4)

Imported Winchester rifles: -1 ROF, +4 LOS and range for Janissaries/Nizam-i-Cedit(Age 4)

Portuguese:

Estado da Índia: 1,000 coins for 8 Tiger Claws and 2 War Elephants, plus Disciplined upgrade and alliance with Bhakti temple to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Província de Macau: 1,000 coins for 10 Iron Troops, plus allowing them to be trained at Barracks and Taverns (Age 3)

Ormuz Protectorate: 1,000 coins for 7 Qizilbash, plus disciplined upgrade and alliance with Sufi temple to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Província Portuguesa de Guiné: 2,000 coin for 16 Akan Ankobias, plus Champion upgrade and alliance with Akan tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 4)

Russian:

Gardes à Cheval: 1,000 coins for 5 Cuirassiers, plus allowing them to be trained and upgraded in stables(Age 3)

Opolcheniye: Pikemen and upgrades for them available at Town Centers (Age 4, can be trained in 6-men blocks)

Turkestan Expeditions: 2,000 coin for 25 Tatar Archers, plus Champion upgrade and alliance with Tengri shrine to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 4)

Spanish:

Bulkeley Regiment: 1,000 coins for 16 Irish Brigadier, plus allowing them to be trained in barracks and taverns(Age 3)

Hermosa Española(西班牙屬福爾摩沙): 1,000 coins for 10 Iron Troops (Age 3)

Tidore Protectorate: 500 coins for 4 Cetbang Cannons, plus allowing them to be trained at forts, while Javanese Spearmen available at Town Centers(Age 3)

Santa Cruz de Nuca: 1,000 coins for 30 Nootka Clubmen(Age 4)

La Florida: 1,500 coins for 25 Seminole Sharktooth Bowmen, plus Elite upgrade and alliance with Seminole tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Coraceros Españoles: 2,000 coins for 8 Cuirassiers, plus allowing them to be trained and upgraded in stables(Age 4)

Swedish:

Nya Sverige: 1,000 coins for 8 Huron Mantlets, plus Elite upgrade and alliance with Huron tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Kronprinsens husarregemente: Grant Hussars Combat promotion(Age 4)

Carolusborg: 1,500 coins for a Fort Wagon, an Akan Tufohen and 10 Akan Ankobias, plus Elite upgrade and alliance with Akan tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 3)

Swedish Saint Barthélemy: 2,000 coins for 30 Carib Blowgunners, plus Champion upgrade and alliance with Carib tribe to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy (Age 4)

6 Likes

Maybe all new European card commanders have changed from explorers to generals starting from the (age2),mounted and walk with more new skills and energy storage weapons such as half long handguns, pistols and swords, European United States and Mexico new card military support(age2) for musicians, flag bearers, mounted musicians, officers (which can be in horse and walking states, new skills and new energy storage), and equestrian flag bearers. They can increase support for all units, inspire halos, and train in barracks stables Also, keeping European、united states and Mexico military engineers(sapper、engineers、pioneer) in (age3) for allows them to train at artillery foundries for more fun

2 Likes

I am not so sure about the name of this shipment. The Cuachicqueh (Shorn Ones) were the most distinguished warriors in the Aztec army, who were ranked higher than both the Jaguar warrior and the Eagle warrior, including having a very distinct role in battle. It would be a huge disservice to just name a shipment after them. They deserve the spot of becoming a new unit for the Aztecs in the future.

The Shorn Ones could serve as the Aztecs second hand shock infantry that will be tougher than the [Coyote Runner], since they are described as being both the imperial shock troopers and the berserkers of the Aztec army. They will also have the ability to taunt enemy units which will force them to always prioritise attacking the Shorn Ones within a certain radius. Aztec warriors did apparently mock and tease their enemies during battle in order for them to leave their lines to attack, therefore creating openings and weak points for the Aztecs to take advantage of.

I know that the [Skull Knight] are stated in the game for being the “Aztec elite berserker” but it seems that they are based on the Tlacochcalcatl which was the rank of those who led other Aztec warriors in battle. Their rank was roughly similar to that of a Field Marshal and it seems that the office of Tlacochcalcatl was often the last step towards becoming the next “Tlatoani” (Ruler) of a state.

If this really is the case then the in-game description is wrongly stating that the [Skull Knight] are the berserkers of the Aztec army since that wasn’t their primary role. The [Skull Knight] could perhaps in the future be given an aura that boosts the combat stats of other aztec units in their vicinity.

Here is a drawing that depicts the Cuachicqueh (Shorn Ones].

1 Like

British should have more access to highlanders.
Swedes, US, Dutch all have abilities to mass highlanders. British do not.

7 Likes

I like many of those but not all shipments should have to activate trainability.

Maybe “Black Watch” can help, that can be an Age 4 shipment, that is 2,000 coins for 14 Highlanders, can be retrained in Taverns or Barracks :scotland::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I’d like to see Indians get Qizilbash, considering that the Qizilbash were used by the Mughals and lived on the western periphery of India. If we don’t get a Persian civilization, giving Indians the Qizilbash would be the next best thing. It makes much more than having them for the Ottomans, considering the Qizilbash were enemies of the Ottomans.

1 Like

I don’t think these changes are good; Japan already has one of the most powerful armies in the game.

The same as with japan; chinacos probably need a nerf and salteadores are already strong enough (-1 ROF is a lot of DPS).

1 Like

You mean…among the four I proposed, only “American anti-imperial volunteers” is acceptable? After their civil war ended, American government also provide some sort of indirect support measures to help Benito Juarez’s campaign to overthrow Maximilian I :mexico::joy::joy::joy:

Just gunna go though the list and give my humble option on some of these HC card options

Like the idea - might need a rename though

Would clash with Age Up option that gives longbow/rangers with building new manors

Nice idea. I know its cliche but maybe rename the halberdiers to “Beefeaters” as a fun pop culture reference

Perfect card!!! (maybe slightly change the uniform of the ghurkas to having a pillbox hat rather than a turban)

Nice idea but this would probably get OP very quickly. I’d suggest making it like Spahis. Make the shipment coast 2500 food for 10 buffed Cuirassiers and re-name them Blues & Royals. (allow this to be an infinite Age 4 card)

Cool but I think it is a more pressing concern to give brits access to drummers because of their really slow infantry after the thin red line tech has been sent. So I’m more inclined to get them access to Hanover RH in the embassy than a Maya or Carib.

YES!!!

I like these cards would like to add “Coldstream Guards” as a card for the British that does the same.

This would probable get OP quickly so make this increased ROF a charged attach function which lasts 30 seconds then needs a cool down period of 3 mins before being able to be used again.

Would this be for ALL cavalry or only ranged cav as this could upset the counter system a bit?

Good cards along with the rest of the card suggestion for the Chinese.

Maybe limit the number of Fusiliers trainable to 15 or 20 to stop them from making up too much of a Chinese army.

Sounds cool but not sure Dutch need more Dragoon units

So does this mean we could get a mass of dutch skirms with x6 multiplier against heavy infantry :crazy_face: ??

Again really love the native American inspired cards but would be a lot more helpful dutch got a access to a “musketeer” type unit as well as these.

The French already have access to a lot of good infantry units in their barracks so for this card to be more balanced maybe introduce sepoys in the embassy only.

I agreed with the rest of the French cards you’ve suggested. Just make sure there’s a unit limit on the native soldiers so they don’t spiral out of control.

I’m surprised you didn’t mention this but a Foreign Legion card is in desperate need for the French.

Germany based
Haudenosaunee based

Brilliant card for Hausa with relation to the Danes

So is this just a weaker version of the US’s card that turns militiamen into marines?

Another lovely historical card :grin:

Incan cards based

Sorry but no. This would be way too OP and Indians have access to Cuirassiers through consulate anyways. This card would stop people from using elephants at all.

If we get a Danish civilisation I think this type of card will be added the the standard consulate as a tech.

That’s a lot of pros for a singular Age 2 card. Maybe make it cost 700 food or something.

RIP Spahis if this card gets introduced.

All of Portugal seems based

Same as my view on the British ones. Make them only accessible through shipments like Spahis.

Make the train time on these really low as well, for an instant Russian defence.

As for Spain and Sweden, apart from things I’ve already mentioned above, great card ideas!!! Thanks for posting them and I hope we see a few of them in the game soon :grin::grin:

Move to TC, maybe :uk::joy::joy::joy:

Wise suggestion, the cuirasses for the first batch of them were… looted from Dutch cavalries, in their Dutch Expedition in 1794 perhaps? :netherlands::joy::joy::joy:

The similar one can be distributed to the Dutch, namely “Maurice of Nassau’s targetiers” , thus allows the Explorers to train and upgrade Rodeleros(10 in Age 3, 15 in Age 4 and 20 in Age 5, +20% cost for 10% extra HP, +10% all sorts of resistances and doubled Siege damage)

Hell yeah, 4 drummers can be upgraded to 1,000 for five drummers, plus veteran upgrade and alliance with House of Hanover to retrain and upgrade them in Native Embassy, that is remaned to “Hanoverian ties” (Age 3)

I see, this sort of ability can be named as “suppressive fire” :joy::joy::joy:

All cavalries, to offset the original negative multipliers for Arquebusiers :joy::joy::joy:

I know they’re of Dragoon-type, but they can be upgraded with “Ducal Berg Lancers”, unlike Prinz Chevaulegers for Germans :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This only works for native units from trade posts, native or royal embassies, not for homeland units :joy::joy::joy:

Yes, that will effectively turn sentries to Yari Ashigarus, a weaker type of melee infantry missed out at the final release. This will serve a “two-tier” combo like Janissaries+Azaps for Ottomans :tr::joy::joy::joy:

Thanks for mentioning this , the substitute I propose is “Battle of Colachel” as subsequent shipment of “Armed Fishermen” that grant the Indian fishing boats extra range and multiplier against warships since Age 3 :india::sailboat::grin::grin::grin:

500 food will do, for it only bring counters against spies, mercenaries and native units :mexico::joy::joy::joy:

Thanks for your advice, that’s why splash damage should be replaced by +10% resistance of all forms for Hungarian Hussars for the Ottoman Mansure Army :tr::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Personally, I would like Mexico to include the Saint-Chamond/Mondragón cannon and the Mondragon rifle (for the Mondragon rifle to reduce the ROF of some infantry unit). But Mexico already has so much content and such good units that I already feel a little guilty about playing with Mexico (I mainly play treaty with Mexico, Portugal and Aztecs before the ERK nerf). I think it would be fairer to add a lot more content to Native American, Russian and Portuguese before giving more content to Mexico.

By the way, Mexico was already one of the strongest civilizations in the treaty and now they gave it conquistadors with area damage XD.

The card “Ritual Gladiators” will be nice to have this effect.

Not a great deal. There may have been so many Manors built by then that there were not many new Manors to build.

Maybe ships 1 Musketeer for each existing Manor and allows Militias to be levied at Manors instead.

Giving a civ the ability to train another civ’s regular units is generally not interesting since the roles are overlapped and lose the identities. It would be easier to accept these cards if they are simply shipments, for example Gurkha Regiment is only 1,000 coins for 9 Honored Gurkhas in Age III.

This feed back is for all similar ideas, so I won’t reply one by one.

In view of the fact that Chinese’s military improvement cards often have multiple effects, it is not enough to simply provide one effect for one type of unit.
Also, I don’t think the Arquebusiers can have so much and so strong improvement.

I’d like to change “10 Arquebusiers” (III) to “Shenjicung”: Ships 8 Arquebusiers and grants Arquebusiers “Shenjicung” auto ability which lets Arquebusiers fire one more shot instantly and cool down. And to change “10 Changdao Swordsmen” (III) to “Horse-cleavers”: Ships 8 Changdao Swordsmen and grants Changdao Swordsmen “Horse-cleaver” auto ability which lets Changdao deal a hit of good splash damage and cool down.

In my opinion they are better off becoming Outlaw units rather than regular units.

Rattan Shield has no any attack multiplier, which is an interesting characteristic.
Personally I would prefer to improve its ranged resistance from 20% to 30% than a multiplier.
This card can replace “Hire 26 Rattan Shields” (single) instead of “Hire 10 Rattan Shields” (infinite).

Blue Guards already exist in the game as a church tech and Consulate units.
Also, don’t think it’s fun to overly buff a unit just by increasing the cost.

This may be too strong. The Dutch civilization does not aim to feature good natives.

Maybe the effect could be changed to ship 2 Village Rickshaw and have the Villages generate a trickle of food and the native units generate a trickle of wood and XP.
Formosa’s profitability was one of the highest in the East India Company so it may be more appropriate that she brings economic effects to the Dutch rather than military effects. The Villages are based on the fact that the East India Company recruiting Chinese peasants to immigrate to Formosa.

Native Embassies and alliance can also be provided if Formosan native units are introduced in the future.

It was an unnecessary strengthening of the French economy.

Perhaps it would be more practical and in line with Ichiryo Gusoku’s meaning to strengthen the combat effectiveness of Sentries, Irregulars, and Villagers than to have Sentries trained at Rice Paddies.

Their RoF is 3 and the ranged attack is better than other musketeer units.
Firing 100% faster is a big big no.

Sorry, not a fan. The Basilica and Papal units are the core of the identity of the Italian civilization.
The historical reference for this is interesting, but maybe the effect is better simply shipping 5 Papal Lancers and 1 Papal Bombard in Age 4 at cost of 1000 export.

I would prefer a card that allows the Japanese to ally with the Jesuits and able to train Conquistadors and Missionaries at Native Embassies.

1 Like

I see, that can be split in two: one for your advice in the form of the former one, while another can be named as “Kirishitan reinforcements” :jp::joy::joy::joy:

Or even Billmen (using the Billhook polearm), as the British (or rather English) held on to these archaic polearms and used them alongside Longbows

2 Likes

British Musketry (or 'Sustained Volley)
Once shipped enables Redcoats a rate of fire increase in Stand Ground stance. Acts as a passive ability solely in the stance. Available from Industrial.

Even Napoleon remarked that the outcome could have been different at Waterloo had he British Musketry. Brits perfected the form of sustained volleys during the late 1700/early 1800s (originally pioneered by the Dutch)

1 Like

Thanks for your advice to scrap it. My substitute for this is “Ikko-ikki of Kaga (加賀一向一揆)”, an Age 2 or 3 shipment that makes own villagers become soheis after death :jp::joy::joy::joy:

Not bad.

This card can be pretty impractical. You have to wait Villagers killed.

I get the feeling that you’re eager to introduce a revolution-like card to the Japanese.
I would suggest “Ikki” (Age I, 2000 food) for this: Makes Sentries and Irregulars no longer lose HP over time, and turns each Villager into 1 Sentry and 1 Irregular.

I would love to have the longbowman use a billhook in melee combat.

1 Like

It would be nice if there was a Billmen unit in the game for the British. They could function like a weaker [Halberdier] and be similar to the Chinese [Changdao Swordsman] in terms of stats, but with a slower movement speed. Maybe Billmen could become available for the British in the Fortress Age or sent through shipments.

I think a maul would probably be better. At the Battle of Agincourt (1415) in the Hundred Years’ War, English Longbowmen are recorded as using lead mauls, initially as a tool to drive in stakes but later as improvised weapons. The maul did apparently see continued use as a weapon afterwards with archers and was used by Tudor archers as late as 1562.

I see, maybe it can be substituted by two shipments: the “Empire du Mexique” can be changed to 2,000 for 14 Soldados in Age 4, another one is “Cent Suisse” that allows the Explorer to train some Swiss Pikemen as his bodyguards since Age 3(8 in Age 3, 12 in Age 4 and 16 in Age 5) :fr::switzerland::mexico::joy::joy::joy: