Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Art Update!

The new barrack promises very very good chosons wars

It looks great, I did not think this remake was made, My favorite AOE

I like the new design, but i dont like the change of colors.
Nostalgia is nostalgiaā€¦
I would have prefered the new design but with the olds colors !
or at least just a little change (barracks, in the 1st example is totally fine, but the two othersā€¦ i prefer original colors).

This looks so good

I did not know AOE could get any better. Iā€™m surprised.

Can weā€™ve some more please maā€™ams & sirs

Can we see how the new pepperoni pizza and e=mc2 look? Really intrigued!

Spectacular :wink: gj to the team they looks really good canā€™t wait to see the others.

@Tgaud said:
I like the new design, but i dont like the change of colors.
Nostalgia is nostalgiaā€¦
I would have prefered the new design but with the olds colors !
or at least just a little change (barracks, in the 1st example is totally fine, but the two othersā€¦ i prefer original colors).

I think the change of colors is better suited to the new features of the buildings and makes them more realistic from the old ones. i think this changes will give more Hype to the people and wont ruin Nostalgia Feelings.

Some feedback on the micro videos played on www.ageofempires.com, some graphical glitches can be noticed and should be paid attention to :
Impression that some soldiers donā€™t really ā€˜attackā€™ the one in front of them. (they attack ā€˜airā€™)
Some animations are stuck on rotating cavalries.
When a unit wants to move beyond another, the second unit ā€˜slidesā€™ on the ground, that gives a similar bad impression as on Empire Earth 3.
The impact of catapult/ballista bullet isā€¦ cheap, I prefer the old one.
Some death animations look like the guys are ā€˜slidingā€™ on the ground (archers), thatā€™s too much ā€˜playmobilā€™, on AoE that was more ā€˜roughā€™. Similar for dying cavalries, the horses seem to ā€˜jumpā€™ as they die.

About this article : Attention to stay near the original and donā€™t go too far away, for exemple the new roman town center is strange as itā€™s red and blue instead of grey and white.

Honestly I donā€™t like the dark style of new arts. When I first time played Star Craft, I didnā€™t like it, for its dark interface. In contrast, AOE, which I played for half a year before SC. is bright, reminding you the sunny days of stone age people. New buildings are too dark, like middle age or dark age, but stone age to steel age. Please keep the brightness of arts in the original AOE, for thatā€™s what it distinguish to other games, most of which are emphasizing the darkness of war. To keep the brightness, is to keep the soul of AOE. Thank you very much.

What about the ā€œPopulation Limitā€?
Are you going to increase it?
100 population limit is too low.
we need at least 300 population limit.

What about Age Of empires III?
when will that game be re-mastered?

@MacabiWarrior said:

Age of Empires II was already remastered via HD Edition. That is what they did, itā€™s just that they kept the old style and in the DE, they remade the whole thing altogether.

Wow! This is exactly what we expected with the HD version of AoE II. Keep the good job, guys!

@MacabiWarrior said:

The Definitive edition needs to saty as close as the original one for the sake of good ole playing.

That more respectful babylonian architecture is spectacularā€¦

Itā€™s just the right tone. Excellent.

hi
I think would be great if you create an upgrade for scout cavalry, is a very good unit to kill archers and axeman infantry, especially when you donā€™t have more gold. Other boring thing in gold edition is the scout donā€™t attack spontaneously only if he get attacked.
this is it, thanks

Add animations to the buildings, it should be more lively. Should show more details on zoom in.

Please, I REALLY HATED the Colosseum from age of empires I, they were so small, soliders were bigger than them. MAKE A DECENT Colosseum AND MONUMENTS ! please ! theremust be proportion !