Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Audio Update! - Age of Empires

As with the new graphics for buildings etc, what Iā€™d love to see is the game to have both new and old artwork with a switch function, ideally while playing. Something similar the the Monkey Island SE editions where you would press a button switch between original and overhauled graphics and stuff.

Yes they are pretty nice chances.

AYOYOYO

I love the new audio guys! The wololo sounds great and really reverby, and the bg music sounds really good, just enough like the origional! Keep up the hard work

Please bring back the ā€˜BATTLE of TUNESā€™ from aoeror expansion to the definitive edition. Iā€™ve like played it 100 times and still like to play it.

I want to ask something:

This version includes ALL musics?? Because the Gold Edition hadnā€™t the music10 (Age of Empires Theme). I miss the music1 too. But my favorite is xmusic6 Thanks to share it in this post!! :slight_smile:

what is the sound for a boat spawning??

Will Stephen Rippy or someone from original Ensemble Studios team be involved in recreating the musical pieces?

No, donā€™t change the soundtracks, just re-master them with better quality , donā€™t change our old memories and the great soundtracks .

Sounds good, hope they remaster all the music. (still there needs to be an option to turn on the old soundtrack)

The Wololo is better the original than the remake XDā€¦ The original Wololo will be ever the best XD

Wow the new music is soooo beautiful! Seriously good job guys!

Is Vitalis Eirich, the Composer of Aoe2HD involved in the Remaking of the Sountrack?
Also: Will there be background noise effect during the naration of the scenarios like in aoe2?

Love the new background music, old theme for nostalgia but much enhanced!

The new soundtrack sounds great but there should be an option added to play with the original soundtrack.

The old version of the music sounds a bit more modern than the one from the game.
I recorded the old tracks from the Disc in the early days. Is there any source i can legally download the original soundtrack in high quality?

For me the new music sounds great! Maybe you can add an ingame menue like in the early C&Cā€™s where we can choose which songs will be played and add the original songs, too.

@Timaholic73 said:
The new soundtrack sounds great but there should be an option added to play with the original soundtrack.

Right Ć¢Å“ā€œ

The new sounds are nice. When you close your eyes it feels like a new Age of Empires 1

The new soundtrack had this reaction after 10 seconds ā€œOh, so good!ā€
Absolutely love how you and your team is honouring the original AoE.

Played this game when I was eight years old, taught me strategy, a love for history and created many LAN parties at my house with friends.

Thank you so much for restoring this game to a modern standard so that now myself and my nephews will be able to enjoy and get that same adventure feeling of times gone by.

niiiiice !!!

About the music example:
I Deeply, deeply, deeply regret that you diminushed the percussion.
It seem the guy who designed it never played age of empire1, because the stone age percussion was something Huge.
it the center of most of the age of empire musics.
removing it is a mistake.
Except that, The other part of the remix is okā€¦ i

I just hope you kept the Tribals sound from age of empire 1 OST (the best, because ROR ost was seriously BS at 50%)
And I hope that you didnā€™t modify too much the tribals musics. Its the beggining of humanity, there was no complex sound by then.
Just percussions. sometime in term of immertion, ā€œless is moreā€.

I actually think it would be clever to balance the musics.
For stone Age, and tool age, having AOE1 musics.
For iron age, having a mix of AOE and ROR musics.