Age of Empires II 25th Anniversary Giveaway!

My favourite memory is probably when I was sick as a child and played one single match of city building against AI for like 10 hours

1 Like

My favorite memory is making dumb but funny scenarios!

I remember going to my uncleā€™s house and watching him play Age of Empires 2 for hours before I owned the game.
I always wanted to play with/against him online but that was difficult in the early 2000ā€™s (shitty and expensive internet in Argentina).

I also remember stomping the hardest AIs with cobra cars when I was a kid and didnā€™t know how to play the game properly.

1 Like

Itā€™s Impossible to forget that August 13 in 1999 when my uncle show me the Amazing AoE 2 Intro, them, put the Genghis Khan Campaign, it was an instant love. Iā€™m still a Loyal Fan <3

Long Life to AoE 2

1 Like

my favorite memories are of me when i was a kid, like 10 or 11 or so, waking up in the middle of the night and sneaking on the computer to play a skirmish map and build a massive sprawling empire while my bot enemies spammed Lumber and Mining Camps all over the place. I wouldnt even finish the match, just spend hours building huge capital cities and taking screenshots of them because they looked so beautiful :smile: i also spent a ton of time in the editor which was surprisingly easy for my adolescent brain to comprehend. I still have the CD with the blue background and 3 kings on it. AoE II is the GOAT.

Playing a marathon game on a very large map vs. AI with brother, having access to and using many of our own custom taunts, overcoming the strength of the AI, having hundreds of trade carts, owning the map, and just having fun collecting a ton of gold (over 100K or 200K, or whatever is hard or highly abnormal to get (999K? canā€™t remember. Seems like the UI eventually couldnā€™t display the amount I had), stone, wood, and food, building many walls, wonders, and castles, and lingering around without fully defeating the enemy for a long while.

EDIT: Weā€™ve done this at times, and is why I wish there were more options to ā€˜decorateā€™ your empire in late game. Like advance to or unlock a Golden Age or something (after Imperial Age and if you have enough resources), where you get access to build cosmetic things like trails, flagposts, posts with torches on them, cobblestone paths, statues, gilded/marble structures or embellishments, and the like. (Probably just opening up some of the things possible with the map editor. But each of these things would have a cost and require you build them with villagers). I think something like that would be neat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m a 53-year-old female gamer. I have been playing AOE for decades. My favourite memory of AOE is of 7 of us playing a zombie map. We laughed so much for the few hours we played. Remembering this, I think I must plan another round.

1 Like

im a 16 yr old .I got introduced to aoe with by my uncle when i was 6 yr old , i wish to keep playing the game .My favorite memory would be beating the joan of arc campaign on my own when i was 7 yr old (without cheats). Another moment was when i bought aoe2 definitive edition on 2021.

My favourite memory was when my uncle introduced me to AOE II back in 2003, we made custom maps for eachother with storylines and it was so fun!

1 Like

Cuando tenia 5 aƱos recuerdo que mi hermano me teletransporto a este maravilloso mundo medieval y me enseƱo a jugar varios juegos RTS pero el AoE 2 fue de mis favoritos y desde entonces son uno de mis gƩneros favoritos de videojuegos en general.

1 Like

The best RTS, I remember when I was in high school whit my friends I used play in the afternoons at the internet cafe in 2007, even the history teacher told us that many things were historically correct. #25YearsofAoEII.

1 Like

My moment was when I found out that this game is not about farming and building houses, but a real harsh wargaming with timings and meta`s. after that. My life was different. I miss the days when I just grew carrots and fished :slight_smile:

1 Like

My fondest memory of AoE:II was discovering ā€œhow do you turn this onā€ as a kid. I always loved the easter eggs in the game #25YearsofAoEII.

1 Like

Remember getting AoE 1 trial with printer CDā€¦the showcase scenario was unlike any game I had played before. So many years agoā€¦ And here we are, so many years later celebrating AoE 2 25th anniversary!

1 Like

My best memory is the first time I started the game and enjoyed the whole music, Quest for Butter!

1 Like

I remember playing with my father, me from PC, him from an old ass laptop. He would slowly and painfully beat my ass every time. Any civ. At one point he let me add 1 or 2 AI allies, just so he can have more fun. He still plays to this day, also on an old ass laptop has, and he has the same tactics for 20 years. He is fighting Expert AI like itā€™s nothing. I swear this dude could go in esports right now.

1 Like

I love to play AOE2 while playing AOE2 time passes very quickly and gets too much fun too play the game , best game I hve ever played till now :cold_face:playing since 2010

1 Like

My favourite Memory of AoE II was playing after a really bad day of school. I was feeling super down, but playing with and against my friends was always the best way to cheer me up :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks to the original AoE games, I learned English. I remember being a 10y.o. boy, Iā€™m getting the game only in the English version because it was cheaper. Then, I had a Spanish-English dictionary on my table and went through the campaigns. It was amazing having such a story-heavy game fully voice-acted with subtitles and being fun and engaging.

1 Like

My favorite memory is creating gigantic armies (with 7 or so types of troops) and destroying large cities without strategy. Nothing special. Thatā€™s what i did back in the day at my grandmotherā€™s Win XP laptop and thatā€™s what i still do while playing on my own laptop.

1 Like