šŸ“œ Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition ā€” Update 36202

How do you want them to survive until castle if they only get the discound bonus back? 2 month ago they literally were given this, and still couldnā€™t defend themselves until imperial. How would a +10% and a +5% discount help if the enemy goes mass crossbows? How would it help if the enemy goes knights? Basicly it wouldnā€™t help by much. This way you would only make offensive units cheaper (since huskalrs and militia line are offensive units), and the spear line a bit cheaper. Definitely wonā€™t be enough. While giving them an eco bonus would make their boom better and this means their military becomes better. Military depends heavily on economy.

This is just bullshit. They can always come up with new bonuses for example the khmer farm bonus, the vietnamese eco upgrade bonus, you just need a little creativityā€¦

If you think that the goth imperial age needs buffs, then I guess you havenā€™t played muvmch with goths.

Well, after reading this Mongols | Aocbox (ie. even before supplies you could win by spamming Champions back) I donā€™t really think so. You can literally beat the civ at its own game, isnā€™t it dumb? Itā€™s like if you could kill Berbers by spamming cav or Mayans by spamming archers, which would sound ridiculous of course.

1 Like

Their champions really need a buff but they would really need to rework goths to make it happen. Huskarls are just better champions. Anyways, considering everything like perfusion goths are a decent civ in the late game. My suggestion for an early game buff: Advance to castle age costs -25%. More booming potential, and easier surviving until imperial age (it is really the same like the byzantine bonus but I donā€™t have a better idea at this moment).

They literally lose to hussars, while Champs donā€™t.

Not good enough to bear with the trash-tier first 3 ages.

Italians have -20% for all ages and yet they are a bad land civ.

2 Likes

Huskarls are difinetly not a replacement for Champion indeed. In an Infantry battle, if the Goths player sends in Huskarls, he will lose badly evn to Two-Handed Sordsmen.

Huskarls are a counter to Archers, Towers and Spearmen, nothing else. They are good at destroying TCs too, but lose to most Melee units.

Hello,
i have problem with playing game from this fix delease date.

1. problem is that game is lagging but time is going forward but your commands are not used.
    You click to build house and nothing happen. Same for guy which is playing with me. Only AI is going forward.

2. very often you cannot create game or friend cannot join

3. very often sychnro error

We think that problem comming from update because before it was ok.

Thanks for check or other users to say what can be root couse.

Regards
Jack96

The update/hotix seemed to unfix the previously still working game. Below are two threads where people experience the same issue since the ā€œupdateā€. Is it possible to reverse the update individually or - even better - find a solution for this? Not possible to play the game properly any more with the screen turning black within the game

I honestly hate this new Goths. I wish theyā€™ll revert back to what they had. Instead Goths needed something real like an eco bonus. Instead of overbuffing or overnerfing a single bonus instead give something like a new bonus.

3 Likes

Remove the censorship. Now.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had a number of completely harmless sentences and questions Iā€™d type to teammate (in a private Steam friend match vs. AI, mind you), and was greeted with famous strings of asterisks, i.e., *** ***** * **** ********. And then Iā€™d try to do multiple attempts at sending the sentence in chunks in hopes I could isolate whatever text caused issues, but even then getting short strings of asterisksā€¦ so a few times, I just gave up and typed, ā€œnvmndā€. Itā€™s definitely frustrating :wink: ā€¦ but they say theyā€™re aware it being a bit over-zealous and are looking into it.

1 Like

Just sign out of Xbow live and itā€™s fixed

After my last DM game I lost, my opponent was trying to give me Tipps how to improve, but having a normal conversation proved impossible.**********

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem. Did you solve it?

Donā€™t sign into XBox Live