📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 42848

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Update 42848

HAPPY NOVEMBER, and HAPPY ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY to AGE OF EMPIRES II: DEFINITIVE EDITION! We’ve been waiting to share one of our biggest updates yet with you, and it’s finally time to jump in and join the celebration with all the new changes, a new game mode, and much more!

Learn More…

:scroll: Read up on the Changes: Age of Empires II: DE — Update 42848

:speech_balloon: Join the Discussion: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

:smiley: Get Involved: Age of Empires on Discord

Enjoy!

14 Likes

EXCELLENT!!
Looks like some of my suggestions were eventually heard

1 Like

The only issue i see with these changes are Indians are now a bad 1v1 civ.
I also think Burmese need compensation for the nerf they receive to arambai.
Glad Italians got a GC buff.

also glad the Squires change didn’t make it in.

9 Likes

Now at this point is, what is the future preparing

1 Like

i doubt we get any balance changes for a bit.

woot

(20 char limit)

Why is this happening to me? I just launched the game after it updated itself :frowning:

Now please consider to do the last one for AOE1 DE, the game deserves some love before 2020 ends

2 Likes

Nvm I just had to restart my game 11

1 Like

Excellent! I love the democracy over random civs, and the nefs to khmer and armbai! (altough I think burmese need a compensation for that)

I just don’t agree with Indians change, but every else seems great. Thanks!

3 Likes

thank team game players for that.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you! :grin:

1 Like

I am happy for the turks gaining more accuracy on the jans

But I do hope that the random civ majority begins at 60% players and not just 50% - I’d hate to have all of my team want a specific civ and suddenly be thrust into randoms.

This would be worse for 1 vs 1 if one player wants random and the other chooses a civ and is thrust into random as well.

I mean, it wouldn’t be that bad if they had something for 1v1 against meso civ.

They should get arbs + knights imho

Liking some of these changes, particularly for Gbetos, Janissaries, and Kipcheks. Hope that there will be a cavalry archer fire delay reduction in a future update - Hard justifying playing as cavalry archer civilizations with a long delay that resets when the cavalry archers switch targets.

I really like the changes so far and I must say that I’m impressed with the state of age of empires 2 today. I played this game as a kid, bought the 2013 version on steam, then the HD version, then DE from microsoft store and now DE again from steam. I love how the dev team is still making changes to the core of the game (new wall QOL update) and supports modding and scripting. I also really like how cute and true to the original game the birthday visuals look.

Keep it up team!!

1 Like

Sem título
After this upload, i can’t acess multplayer.

I buy collection recently. :frowning:

HECK YES MY PROFILE PICTURE GOT BUFFED

I still think that the current Italian bonuses are kinda bland, but it’s a good buff nonetheless

3 Likes