📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 50292

Looking over the notes it seems like they’ve fixed ALOT of things that I’ve seen suggested(technical), so I’m excited to see it.

Ok, the fix to the terrain painting in large or Ludicrous Size maps is AMAZING AND THANK YOU SO MUCH DEVS YOU SAVED ME SO MUCH HEADACHE!!!

That fix alone makes this patch a major +++++++ for me.

If anyone has any advice/info/notes on mods and updating to the new patch I’d love to hear it. Not sure what I’m going to do, keep my current version and continue working on that, or start fresh and just copy everything over.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to see the AI tweaks for the hard difficulty, I’ve always found that there was quite a jump between medium and hard AI, on the other hand I honestly see a little difference between hardest and extreme, I hope they made the difficulty transition more smooth.

1 Like

Hi guys, so I just completed the second challenge to win as the Burgundians straight after having signed in to Xbox Live to get the first one. The Event Mods however is showing the Coustillier statue as only “Temporarily Unlocked” How to make it permanent when I already completed the very first challenge?

1 Like

Artillery

My suggestion has been added to the game yet again.

“Building Range Indicator brightness is no longer affected by the selected Grid Color when Player Color Range Indicators are enabled.” I have seen many players Range Indicators are always GREEN regardless of their player color, tried to disable all mods or tweak different options in the game, but didn’t seem to work. Anyone has any idea how to fix it?

I saw the same question on reddit as well, but no answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/n5bjyf/building_range_indicator/

I am player 1 with blue color in this game, the moment when the game started, my building range indicator was green, it has been like this since this feature was introduced in the game.

In Empire Wars (1v1) you can ban 5 of the 11 maps. I’d love to see 5 bans for RM 1v1s as well. I think this could also lead to less alt+f4 incidents.

1 Like

I couln’t reach it temporarly, so I made a new one.
I will refer in the title to the official one.

Well I didnt buy the DLC because I dont like Sicilians and Burgundians (gimmicky civs) and now they have been included on the random civ pool. Damn.

Just for this month, it’s a special event.

i believe the update might have broken the multiplayer

Yes, I can’t play the game and this is unacceptable.

Reconnect to multiplayer services takes 3 mins

Creating party forever
then this:

I created my own thread about this, since i dont know if it is related to the update. Servers seem to be connected to the server maintainance, so it might not be connected.

Judging by that UI, you are running a very, very old version of the game. You need to force update it on Steam/Xbox and re-run the game. :slight_smile:

No, I use mods, because I found the new UI disgusting.

Are you stupid? The build number is printed on the screen.
He uses a mod to get rid of the ugly 2nd version of the main menu.

Ah, I see. My apologies, I missed it. I saw on Reddit that there are quite a few folks who are experiencing this issue too… so hopefully a Hotfix?

They definitely need to do one considering how frequent crashes are, even in singleplayer which seems kinda weird to be honest.

2 Likes

Well, if the crashes don’t have anything to do with multiplayer specific things, then it’s not weird.
The simulation and the rendering can just crash on their own.