Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition IS FREE now!

39 Likes

If you like this game, you can buy DLC for 19.99€ to unlock the full game.

13 Likes

What does the demo offer? How many civs?

3 Likes

This . . . does put a smile on my face.

13 Likes

AOE3de is finially getting some proper promotion!!! Wayyyyyy :grin:

Three different civs each week on rotation.

Interesting that they choose to show, what looks like a scene from the Battle of Vienna (1683) to promote the game. Does this mean we are moving away from a colonial focused game to a more well rounded 15th-19th century history game, that explores all battle fronts??

13 Likes

Great news and great Marketing! Great AoE3.

21 Likes

A moderator should anchor this forum.

8 Likes

I’ve never been particularly interested in playing AoE3, and I didn’t really want to pay for it if I wasn’t sure I was going to like it. I guess this is my chance to try it.

28 Likes

This image was posted with the release of KotM, so that DLC indicates the focus change.

3 Likes

A good step towards promoting the game more.

Edit: it’s a bit funny that we now have a free “civ rotation” mode like some online card games XD. Maybe we can have true card rotations in the future.

2 Likes

Smurfing seems to have been virtually eliminated. The Full Game DLC is excluded from Family Sharing.

18 Likes

This is very annoying, my siblings borrowed the game from my account on steam and now they have no access to dlc or ranked just like the free version.

1 Like

Keep it coming! I wanna see this on billboards and cereal boxes babe!! :rocket: :rocket:

3 Likes

Don’t like the rotation mechanic, players will want to learn a civ and keep playing it.

then they buy the game

18 Likes

If they wish to keep playing after enjoying the game they’ll likely buy it, this way they get to try different civs but don’t get so much of the game that they’re still encouraged to buy it.

4 Likes

Everyone’s feedback on this has been helpful so far and I hope it gets more people to give Age III a try! More social spotlight on Age III is definitely in the works now that this has finally released and we can breathe. :smiley: Lots of fun things in this game to introduce people to so thanks everyone for sticking around with it.

48 Likes

No, no, no, thank you for an amazing update!!! :grin:

7 Likes