At the very beginning, I would like to point out that the proposal for this DLC is inspired by a book by Henryk Sienkiewicz (the first Polish winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature for lifetime achievement. He was the author of such novels as, for example, “Quo Vadis”, “Teutonic Knights” and “The Trilogy”, one of which Part of it is “With Fire and Sword”. He wrote novels to cheer the hearts of Poles living under the partitions).
“With Fire and Sword” is a historical fiction novel, set in the 17th century in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth during the Khmelnytsky Uprising. In this book we have presented three factions: the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (commanded by the commander of the Crown troops and at the same time the Ruthenian voivode Jeremy Wiśniowiecki - Polish Vlad Dracula), the Cossacks (commanded by Cossack Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky) and their Tatar allies (commanded by the Crimean Khan İslâm III Giray).
I cordially invite you to the rest of this topic, focusing on the new content for AoE 3, which would be offered by the new DLC, Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - With Fire and Sword.
It seems to me that such East European DLC should be released only after adding Central European empires (Austria-Hungary & Prussians) and colonial powers (Danes & Italians) to AoE 3 DE.
- Capital - Warsaw
- Personality - Sigismund II Augustus or Sigismund III Vasa
- Partyzant - weak archer. It is trained in groups (5 Units simultaneously). Instead of Crossbowman
- Musketeer (Royal Guard)
- Winged Hussar - heavy cavalry with a lance. Using saber in hand-to-hand combat
- Cavalry Archer (Royal Guard)
- Pancerny - medium-cavalryman with flintlock pistol. Use Horseman’s pick in hand-to-hand combat
- Napoleon Gun
Szlachcic is a hero unit instead of the Explorer (cavalry unit, can train a Winged Hussars. 3 limit.).
Chłop (potential other name for this unit is a Peasant) is unique polish settler unit. Are weak, but quick to train. A special Home City card turns all Chłop’s into Kosynier (a peasant armed with a scythe - a slow but deadly unit that deals damage to multiple enemies at once)
They have a new building - Folwark (economic building that combines Estate, Mill, and Livestock Pen). This building would be something between Hacienda and Granary. Fields would be added to the Folwark building in order to be able to obtain food or coins. Contrary to Hacienda, Folwark did not automatically spawn settlers or cows, but it could be used to train Cows and Chłop’s in groups and also could be used to train Szlachcic. Units can be garrisoned in this building. This shoe would have no build limit, but building another one would be increasingly expensive.
As an elective monarchy they get completely unique politicians. Candidates may come from other civilizations and offer you their stuff.
- Musketeer - Piechota Koronna
- Cavalry Archer - Lisowczyk
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth civ should also have poor artillery, and quite weak infantry, but powerfull cavalry. All Polish units and buildings have extra line of sight. Buildings are cheaper, but weaker than those of other civilizations.
- Personality - Bohdan Khmelnytsky
- Pikemen (Royal Guard)
- Cossack Archer - rapid-firing archer that fires flaming arrows
- Serdiuk - ranged infantry
- Sich Cossack - very fast cavalry unit with saber and flintlock pistol
- Register Cossack - cavalry with a lance
- Cavalry Archer
- Tabor (Royal Guard) - a horse-drawn cart armed with small caliber artillery that throws grenades. It covers the units behind it.
Hetman is a unkillable hero unit instead of the Explorer (cavalry unit, can train a Ukrainian unique cavalry units and also can build a Outpost, Stable and Sich).
Chaika is a unique Ukrainian boat that replaces the standard Fishing Boats. It is cheap, quick to train and fast. It can transport units and catch fish. When transporting units, it deals ranged attacks.
During each Age Up, they receive a random Wagon: Stable Wagon, Barracks Wagon or Outpost Wagon.
Sich is a unique Ukrainian Fort. Heals units in its vicinity, and military buildings in its vicinity work a bit faster. It is cheap, but unfortunately has less HP than the standard Fort. Settlers can build it.
- Pikeman - Cossack Pikeman
- Tabor - Cossack Tabor
- Tashkent or Bakhchysarai
- Personality - İslâm III Giray
- Tatarian Warrior - use a yatagan and Tatar shield
- Tatarian Archer
- Seymen - Crimean musketeer
- Kapikulu - Crimean ranged infantry
- Steppe Rider (TRANSFERRED FROM CHINESE CIV) (Royal Guard)
- Keshik (TRANSFERRED FROM CHINESE CIV)
- Iron Flail (TRANSFERRED FROM CHINESE CIV)
- Cavalry Archer (TRANSFERRED FROM RUSSIANS CIV)
Bey is a unkillable hero unit instead of the Explorer. From the very beginning of the game, we have two Beys
It is the only civilization in the game whose economy is mainly based on robbing other civs. Destroying buildings and killing enemies generates coins.
Tatars civ represent the Turco-Mongols peoples, so this civilization, due to being nomads, has a limited number of buildings available:
- Town Center
- Village (TRANSFERRED FROM CHINESE CIV)
- Military Camp - combination of Barracks, Castle and Stable
- Coastal Bazaar - combination of Market and Docks
- Hunting Camp - building that increases the efficiency of extracting resources naturally (wood from trees, food from hunting, breeding animals and collecting berries) - no agriculture due to the nomadic lifestyle. This building replaces Rice Paddy.
This civilization would be very unique in that it would represent the Turco-Mongols peoples. This civilization would cover a huge area of Central Asia, the Don and the Crimea, and would cover such nations as the Mongols, Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Crimean Tatars, Siberian Tatars and also Uyghurs. The Mongolian content that is currently in Chinese civ would be transferred to Tatars civ (CHINESE CIV WILL RECEIVE COMPLETELY NEW THINGS IN THIS PLACE).
The Tatar Consulate would be able to establish diplomatic contacts with: Ukrainians, Ottomans, British or Russians.
The Wonders of this civ could be: Derbent Citadel, Ala al-Din Tekish, Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi, Kok-Gumbaz mosque and Gur-e-Amir.
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth vs Swedes
Ukrainians ally with Crimean Khanate (Tatars civ) vs Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Ottomans ally with French and British vs Russians
Russians vs Swedes
Battle of Lützen (16 November 1632) - ONLY FOR DLC HOLDERS INCLUDING AUSTRIA-HUNGARY CIV AND MORE CIVS (PRUSSIANS AND DANES)!
Swedes ally with Saxony (Germans) vs Austria (Austria-Hungary* civ) and Catholic League (Germans)
18 new European maps + 2 Caucasian maps
- Western Caucasus
- Eastern Caucasus
- White Rus
- Wild Fields
- Lake Ladoga
- North Russia
- Central Russia
- South Russia
New Minor Nations would appear on completely new European maps, e.g. Lithuanians, Ruthenians, Norwegians, Crimean Tatars, Georgians, Armenians, Circassians and others modeled on Eastern and Northern European and also Caucasian nations.
More European maps would be added gradually to the game.
- Lithuanians - Russians, Poles and Cossacks
- Georgians - Russians and Ottomans
- Armenians - Russians and Ottomans