Age of Mythology Retold images from the Beta and stress test

Age of Mythology Retold Son of Osiris Commanding the Chariots

Those images are from youtube videos I have watched and took images of. Can’t wait for the game to come out.

7 Likes

The game is beautifull, man

3 Likes

I have several more (although I took them with my phone)…

Taking screenshots is not that hard, why did you use a camera?

6 Likes

I took screenshots, but I considered using the camera to send them via WhatsApp or upload them to social networks faster…

But they look a 1000 times worse like that. Who want’s to see that?
Like honestly?
Also what Social Media isn’t easily accessible on PC? Like just use WhatsApp web.

I honestly think that Google and Apple should add an AI feature to their camera app that warns people if they want to take a screenshot of a monitor with a link to a tutorial of how to take a screenshot.

Taking a photo of a monitor is worse then sending an empty E-Mail with a Word file that just contains unformatted text.

Why does the grass look like that? it looks a little bit cartoonish, the one in aoe3 is better

2 Likes

I don’t agree. I think it looks a lot better then AoE3DE.
Have you tried zooming that close into AoE3DE? It starts looking kinda bad if you get as close as in some screenshots posted in this thread.

Not saying AoE3DE is ugly in any way but AoMR is a lot more detailed and in my opinion a lot better looking overall.

Well, I was streaming and I already did it like this… I wasn’t going to upload screenshots during the game and while I was streaming, my PC was going to explode…

I am so glad we dont have to wait much longer for this!

1 Like

me too! :smiley:

also yeah it looks great. and yes the camera shots of @MatM1996 are really unpleasant to the eye xD

It’s hard to show of how good the game looks with pictures like that.
So it’s kinda pointless to post them here tbh.

Those are more images I have seen in videos

1 Like

Well, it was what I had on hand at that time, obviously when the game comes out I will try to figure out how to upload the screenshots from Steam to Facebook and here on the forum…

These are my screenshots with comparison to AOE4

Can’t you just press the “prntsc” / “print screen” key on your keyboard, paste it onto paint.exe, save it, and then upload it anywhere?

Seems like you are taking a few more extra steps by taking a photo of your screen with a third party device only to have some inferior quality screenshots.

1 Like

You know that you don’t have to manually save screenshots on Windows anymore?
Windows comes with like 5 build in screenshot tools now.

I have to use Alt+Win+Print because that’s the only one that supports HDR. It saves both an HDR and SDR image.

You really don’t have to pase an image into paint anymore. You didn’t have to do that for over a decade now.

So you have:

• Oldschool print key
  • Win+Print to directly save the file
  • Alt+Print for current window only (useful for multi monitor setup)
  • Windows Snipping Tool (Win+Shift+S)
  • Windows Game Bar (Win+Alt+Print)
  • Steam Screenshot (F12)

A lot of options here.
Probably some more in AMD and Nvidia drivers. Maybe AoMR has a built in screenshot button too, didn’t check.
It will come with a photo mode too.

Yes, I know, but I do it this way for convenience…plus my PC is kind of slow and if I open Paint while streaming everything explodes…

Yes, probably…

1 Like

The grass is arguably the worst part of the graphics in Retold. It just doesn’t look good on a lot of maps. Hopefully, it will improve by launch. It’s literally too difficult to see units on some of the grass.

They also said that they are going to rework the voices of the campaign, since people did not like the voices of the campaign…