AI Keeps Resigning

This is still an issue. Happened to me in a 2 human vs. 3 AI game over the weekend.

To try and have them not resign, I clicked the options to target my chats to the enemy AI, enabled AI Commands, and then selected “104 - Don’t Resign” from the command list. But then an hour or two later, one AI resigned at the drop of a hat, and another clearly resigned when they shouldn’t have and announced their resignation through chat. Ugh.

Does 104 only work on “AoE2:DE” AI, and not HD or CD AI? I haven’t tested, but I’m pretty sure over the weekend the only one that didn’t resign early was a DE AI. Maybe it was just coincidence if the DE AI was the only one that didn’t resign.

I still think it would would be easy and amazing if my suggestion above could get implemented, where each AI who hears the “104” command responds by confirming that they won’t resign. It would also help ensure you opened up the chat correctly to them all rather than less than all of them (if we must continue to use the cumbersome AI Commands method).

You could even get creative with the messaging, if needed. Like:

• “Henry V - You have my word, sire, that I will not resign.”
  • “Richard II - I would never resign against the likes of you! Have at thee, coward!”
  • “Harold Godwinson - My civilization will not be resigning. Not in a million years!”

============

EDIT: Happened again today (Jan 31, 2021). Switched chat to “Enemies”, enabled “AI Commands”, clicked “104”, but red guy still was able to resign… even though he had a bunch of buildings and at least some villagers left. And, as a result, it says in Stats, he ‘survived until finished’. 104 not working hurts the overall experience…

2 Likes