Any hints for "Porto" AOE2 DLC?

Why?
Paladins fit
Arbalesters fit
Cavalry Archers fit (the Kingdom used lots of Horse Archers, many of them were Cumans or Jaszs)
Hussars fit

The only thing is missing is gunpowder but that became a major thing in the 15th century.

Louis the Great was the greatest king of Hungary but the devs can also make a 11th century campaign about the Árpád Dynasty.

1 Like

I think there are hints hidden in the Sage of Empires news story.
I mean they literally made ring, treasures and engage bold. So it must have something to do with this 3.

I could imagine with ring they mean the “ring of fire” around the pacific. With treasures they mean some archeologic sites like easter islands or whatever. And with engage they correspond to native civilisations like oceanians or mississipians.

A very weird guess I know, but I don’t have any better right now.

Yes,but I doubt they use names of expansions already used by other games of the same saga,since it can generate confusion within the community…

Because they are easier to do than a long campaign of 5-6 missions that require a certain connecting thread through it…so they have been doing it with aoe 3 DE and it has been working quite well filling historical events of the period that with campaigns would cost them more to do it…

Three if we count the lords of the west, dawn of the dukes and this dlc…

Yeah Im talking about the gunpowder aspect mostly

Polynesians confirmed? :smiley:

Love and ships? Venice? (Romeo and Julliet and the maritime Republic of Venice).

4 Likes

Last Khans is technically a DLC to that came with DE launch.

1 Like

The Last Khans was even a planned DLC for the HD edition

1 Like

Not working very well. Its still underwhelming for the price someone would pay on Aoe3

1 Like

Campaigns & new civs DLC (II) > Historical Battles & new civs DLC (III)

1 Like

How do you know this?

8 Likes

I recall that they were changing a lot of things and just decided to remake the game instead…

2 Likes

So DE came in the way, I didn’t know this
I would be great to see those files originally from the HD

1 Like

throw in Venetians as well plus a Byzantine scenario (a full campaign would be nice though) and a proper Turk campaign and you have pretty good DLC about the region

1 Like

I didn’t know about this, that’s quite interesting!

1 Like

So they started with another XPack/DLC for HD, but it eventually got added to DE instead at the latter’s launch.

After all, anyone has any idea about the releasing day?

2 Likes

We’re still waiting for the announcement date…

2 Likes