Any hints for "Porto" AOE2 DLC?

this week… that as much we know

I don’t wanna wait either but rather a good DLC than a buggy one. So, they could take as long as the need it. No hope for any news soon.

1 Like

I don’t think they put three civs like that from one to a dlc…now the dlcs are of two civs only, then I think they will be two African civs and a Persian campaign (in the sixth or seventh century I hope) as you say…

Women are temporary,but empires are eternal XD…

2 Likes

I think the same,although they could be prequel campaigns of those historical battles…

Because AoEIII campaigns are cinematic in nature more voice lines are required thus it’s not profitable to sell DLC for the appropriate price. AoEIII civs are a lot more labor intensive than their AoEII counterparts as well.

While I’m a AoEIII diehard I do admit the more fantasy based campaigns compared to AoEII was a big mistake by ES. Historical battles is the best we do at this point.

I’m just happy both fanbases are getting DLC for their games. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes,but it is a dlc from central and western asia mainly…

Of course in fact the last khans was going to come out in 2017 for the HD,but MS asked FE to do the DE to prepare the arrival of aoe 4,then they moved the dlc as a hook for the 2 DE at its launch…

Of course…same hurt for the fanbase of the aoe 1 DE that did not receive anything XD

FE can only do so much.

Yes, but the time and resources that MS gives them is not enough nor is it much, then they do what they can with what they have at hand…

Agreed.

I want a five year roadmap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I doubt they do…we don’t even know how the saga is going to be five years from now xd…

The dat of the officials not to add this resources to mayan,it is strangely.But other teches add it.

Byzantine scenario is impossible because bari is still exist,the officials will not to add the Byzantine campaign once more.

According to steamdb,it will be 555 scenarioes-campaign for the new dlc.

Where do you find this information?

So? There are civs with campaigns and battle scenarios

2 Likes

I think the devs chose to focus on a fictional campaign when they realised a historical one would be mainly about European colinists killing native peoples because they cornered themselves into it with their gameplay and maps focusing on American colonisation.

555? That makes no sense