Any hints for "Porto" AOE2 DLC?

I mean, theres still a lot of stuff you could do instead of s fictional campaign. I imagine the main reason they went for a fictional campaign was that they didnt have enoufgh native stuff at the time

Particularly in the expansion campaign, they could have done something better.

ES didn’t make AoE3. They had disbanded by that point.

ES disbanded once Halo Wars was done

1 Like

Yeah, I just saw that. I thought for sure AoE3 was post-disbandment. My bad.

Maybe there could be more campaigns like the Byzantine, Sicilian and Burgundian ones? Each scenario covers a different person.

There’s also the Inca campaign which techically follows three different rulers, though the one with the three scenarios in the middle gave his name to it.

1 Like

They disbanded after Warchiefs. Asian Dynasties was made from Big Huge Games (the one who did Rise of Nations)

1 Like

THIS MEANS ALL THREE CAMPAIGNS EACH HAS FIVE SCENARIOES

2 Likes

Where did you find this information? Do you have the link and your thought?

1 Like

@cly0806 Can you answer this question, please?

Where is your source for 3 campaigns with 5 scenarios each? Can you post the link?

5 Likes

Do we have any news about it? I saw that a new Pup is up for the game. Did anyone saw if it includes any balance changes?

Not yet. What do i look for?

Venetian Masquerade events

3 Likes

Mostly if there are any changes in existing civ bonuses or changes in units stats.

That seems hard to check. Are there game file paths?

1 Like

Yes it needs some work indeed. I haven’t used any pup yet myself to answer if there are game file paths so, I think some more experienced users in this might help.

Steam-AOE 2 DE-Properties-betas-PuP-then it downloads the build.
For balance changes you will need to check manually tech trees, units and technologies
though the Build stated there aren’t more changes, only bug fixes.

2 Likes

zimbabueans are Shona, i forgot about Songhai and Soniké

I think someone should have an app to compare the difference between PUP string and normal games strings file.

When I first heard about this speculation I though this is absolutely non sense and insane. But I keep thinking all the information and possible hints we have.

-A user on reddit mentioned as a hint a series of italian words appeared in an official aoe blog (i don’t know what he means exactly).

• Porto as a codename, which could also mean “port”
  • Now the Venetian carnival event.

I think Venetians as an addition would not be as unlikely as it looks, especially as a part of “sea civiliziations” themed DLC…

4 Likes