Any hints for "Porto" AOE2 DLC?

If something, historically norman sicilians were more franks than italians. You can see that in the way sicilians are designed oriented to cavalry and castles with some focus on infantry also.
North and south Italy were essencialy disconnected during the middle ages and evolved independently in society structure, cultural influences and military traditions. While they were not the priority by any means Sicilians as its own civ makes way more sense than venetians.
I mean, there’s no way you could design venetians without making the civ Italians 2.0. Same that happened with Burgundians and Franks.

Damn… I really hope it’s not Venetians. What a wasted opportunity.

7 Likes

The Sicilians still have covered the Normans who can not be represented by the Italians in the campaigns, so in some degree they make sense.

The majority of people in the community are asking for leaving Europe since we got the Poles. Many Asian and African candidates have even earned lots of attention and support. But, the Venice? The dev ignore the voice, and choose the people who are already represented well. Most importantly, they are such specific and cannot cover any other else, which goes against long-standing good principles.

1 Like

Does anyone know when is the Carnival in Venice?
I want to see that Ram covered by mask

1 Like

That was for the Super Bowl, wasn’t it?
T-West is a monster

If it’s indeed venice and some other european civ coming. That’s a move based exclusively on profit expectations, and be sure that if that’s the case it comes directly from world’s edge (microsoft dependency for the AoE saga) orders, who don’t really care for these kind of things and probably don’t even read these forums.

I can see something like
“FE: We’re planning to add a Caucasus themed DLC.
WE: Oh, but that’s not what people is intrested in. No one knows what a caucasus is. Make a venetian civ, I’m sure our italians players would love it. (And that’s not a suggestion)”

8 Likes

Kingdom of Navarre was conquered by Castille, no?

1 Like

It is such a shame.

If they always look at the West market and money, we shall not have The African Kingdoms and Rise of the Rajas.

2 Likes

Those DLCs were released before Microsoft actually got interested in the franchise, before World’s Edge existed.

2 Likes

This next dlc better not be European.

12 Likes

They have more similarities with Teutons than Franks in terms of civ bonuses.

Because this scenario was created before the Italians were in the game.

1 Like

They have literally nothing to add to the game that italy doesnt already do.

1 Like

Tbh Sicilians themselves are built arounsmd the same ideas Franks but done in a wacky way.

You have tanky cavalry, castle spam, infantry UU, longer lasting farms.

that would mean to rename spanish civ to castillians

1 Like

then add Galicians or León

1 Like

You are just living in dreams at this point. An event dedicated to a place is a very strong indicator compared to your points.
Text is still not really fixed, there are many instances of “small ee ki matra” placed after the consonant, and overuse of halant for consonant joining consonant. They just changed the font to be a little bit more readable.
The south asian tournament is completely unrelated, it’s not by devs but a separate unofficial group. Porto is literally a city in Europe, no point of connecting it with something more distant in africa, brazil or india.

The event seems to strongly make the indication for Venetian Civ introduction. The second civ might be Swiss as one of the challenges is about spearmen.
There are 255 files in steamdb registration less than the previous 2 dlcs so there will be probably 3 campaigns with 5 scenarios each.
The number of achievements is higher, so it might be linked to a third civilization. Judging by pattern, west europe, east europe, and now south europe, the strongest candidates are Serbians or Aragonese. Aragonese is in Iberia as is the city Porto while Serbians can play a connected storyline with Venetians and will complete the 3 regions of Slavs.

6 Likes

If this was a real scenario then I don’t even know anymore…Feels like the previous DLCs were Age of Chivalry Hegemony fanservice, honestly it would be better to get the ones from Realms/PCM/LLC civ concepts at this point…

For now we know nothing. We already had Teuton event and now simply Italian. To be honest that event doesn’t indicate that we are getting Venice. Celebrating event of civilization that is not in the game, but will be added after event would be weird move. Developers are hidding everything now to not spoil the future content.

Is Belfast a city in Africa ? Is Bucharest in America ? No. But Belfast was codename for African DLC and Bucharest was codename for Mexico DLC.

It’s only ~30 mb files. It doesn’t mean that we are getting ~30 mb small DLC. It maybe is just pre-launch version for campaign makers to finish them. Like for example Lord Basse in his Making of Jadwiga Campaign use Lithuanians as placeholder for Polish civilization.

5 Likes

Im praying against hope its not.

3 Likes

Well at least my money will remain in my pocket if that’s the case