Any hints for "Porto" AOE2 DLC?

Me for the last 3 weeks.

8 Likes

The Swiss should be with the Burgundians in LotW at that time if the dev really wanna introduce them.
Then, the Sicilians can be with the Venetians in the next DLC featured the Apennine Peninsula.
Clearly that makes the better pairs.

Will the Serbs cover the Croats? Maybe we should firstly try to represent the South Slavs by 1 civ.
I had consider about the name “Yugoslavs” but I don’t sure whether it is a safe name.

I don’t get it. Why do we need them?
Especially everybody know that the Spain = Aragon + Castile.
Do people really want an Aragonese civ and make the in-game Spanish be the Castilians only?
Do we need them indeed?

2 Likes

Get your facts right.

This event is about Venice not Italians.

The DLC name examples you gave is about AoE3 not AoE2 and you are making assumptions based on a modder’s thought in a chat.

The DLC size only implies scenario files and hence the low size. It’s always been like that.

1 Like

I don’t know because there exist some men who want those civs and for them it is important.

Venice is covered by Italians. Developers are hidding now everything, no clue in DLC codename, no leaked coat of arms, no campaign files in game data and that kind of stuff. I don’t think they would outplay themself and pushed event that would leak their future content in PUP.

So, if Palermo brought Sicilians, Prague brought Bohemians, with Porto we are getting Portuguese.

Now It is smaller than both LotW and DotD.

If it’s not finished it makes sense that it’s smaller.

6 Likes

" It includes the industrial area known as Porto Marghera (English: Marghera Port) or Venezia Porto Marghera ."

I think in pretty much every coastal city in Italy, Spain, Portugal or Latin America, you can find a place with “Porto” in its name. It just means port in each of those languages.
Besides, the devs confirmed the codename didn’t hint at anything.

11 Likes

I think we will get the information until the end of the week and surely before the next patch

2 Likes

But the thing is they never uploaded resources of expansion before release ( for public view ). DotD and LotW were uploaded on day of release.

3 Likes

True, it is really weird this time they did something completely different. Maybe a campaign only DLC is still a possibility?

2 Likes

That would be a lot of campaign for so many achievements? But remember, the Valentine thing from Sage said 'civilizations we have yet to engage with".

6 Likes

If we don’t have “do x, x number of times”, these stats would mean 4 civilizations

1 Like

Now speaking of new campaigns in a DLC, I hope some of the campaigns that already exist are given reworks like certain scenarios of the William Wallace campaign to make them more accurate.

Stat Fast Food is Poles’ Folwark achievement.

According to these achievement stats yes, the most possible is 3 new civs + 1 achievement for a new mechanic of one of the new civs like pole’s folwark. Or both new civs have a new mechanic with the corresponding achievement.

2 Likes

2 civs makes more sense: 1 victory & 1 mechanic achievement each.

2 Likes

What Kind of units and tech tree would get Venetians? I can guess they will be too clones to Italians.
I can recall a post about Venetians with like 50 likes

3 Likes

Yeah they will probably complete the trinity of mediterranean slow naval, archer and gunpowder civs with decent monks and defenses

2 Likes