Any old school MSN Gaming Zone players?

Yeah Age of Empires Archer War DM. I don’t remember the oldest days but I remember VoE, Hey_ yeH_ and stuff for random maps. I remember Knave(? was there underscores) always AFK in one of the ranked chatrooms.

I remember copying and pasting the code to make your game lobby description longer (and therefore better).

Yessir! I played a lot of post imp death match games on MSN gaming zone. I’ve been playing age of empires since the original release. I was a small child. And then later I had the 1.0e something patch so i could play without the cd rom in the drive, and then I tried voobly or whatever. (To be clear, I had already bought several copies of the game, but everyone played on that cd-less patch) But really I mostly played with my brother and my dad.

I liked how the term for noobs was “Rookie”. I was a hardcore rook. Do people still play michi maps? What a clusterfuck. Its like every player just mass produced one unit, Paladins/Siege Onagers/Elephants. Is age of kings heaven still a thing?

2 Likes

Yes, Age of Kings Heaven is still alive. It seems that that site is one of the main reasons why AOE 2 has managed to survive all those years. So many campaigns, scenarios and discussions. Nowadays other places have become more popular, but that place is like the sacred shrine of AOE 2.
http://aok.heavengames.com/

1 Like

The good’ole days of hearing that CD Spinning. Patch days were 30 minutes long for like, 1.5mb :smiley: . So many good memories.

The days of Lepanto, Arch_Koven and MrFixItOnline… how could i forget

1 Like

Oh yeah. AOK Heaven (http://aok.heavengames.com/), your one stop resource for AOK/AOC. I always download recorded games to watch and learn. Good to know it’s still alive and kicking.

I played on zone for years mostly on AoK, but I played AoE and AoC some. I was leader of the clan called The Lords Army and Impact Playaz I also was in eagles of the world for a bit.

TheLordsLeader, TheLords_H3lzoz and Eotw_Legend my main names I had so many honestly I can’t remember them all. I mostly played cs and I loved it I miss it all the time

Ah MSN gameinf zone i remember going on there andme and this guy thaught i would be fun to use the Big Daddy cheat (it was a car with a rocket launcer) on each other the rules were you can use only one car and the first person to loose the car looses it was a fun couple of hours

Ah the good old days ! Loved AoC on the Zone :slight_smile:

I was in LJK, LJ and I used to play everyday for years, Him and Murda Started LJK. i think murdas real name was Keith. LJ and Keith. would love to play some WM again, im always playing world map online. I go through spurts… my name Was LJK_Mace. I wasnt the best in the clan but I wasnt the worst either. I remember Hacker Neo Murda… Heck I think i even remember you maybe. I was a Big Time WMer for years. if ya wanna play shoot me an Email. Thomas.a.lahman@gmail.com

I Still play WM and love it.

I think He was LJK_Smooth

Did you play in CS world map?
i remember that name

Such great times on AOK DM

Think i used to go by SvVifT_I3olTz, i remember some of the other clans… AC_, BV_, IR1SH_, LeGo_, I3aSiC_, I2ain_2_. I still remember being in that MSN lobby right up until it shut down and then everyone trying to figure out where to go play.

Axe_Dread_ hosting tournaments!

1 Like

Well hello old friend! its LORD_Kevadonis hehehe my username popped up on another platform since ive used kevadonis since AOE its basically also become my legal name as well like an alias or something lol. i have AOE on steam do you? lets reconnect get the boys and girls back together

1 Like

Wow! 20 years later, dude it’s amazing to see you here! Yeah I have AOE on Steam, how cool is that. Let’s definitely connect.

1 Like

Kevadonis! LORD_SlaYeR here :slight_smile: im on as TsC_BaTTouSai. Hope i see you on

1 Like

I started with the trial back in 1998 and ended up buying the full version a short time after.
My very first MSN gaming handle was, CrEePy_ThuG and trust me, it had a lot of variations with the underscores. I played a lot of rated before the integrity and legitimacy of a player’s rating was corrupted due to hacks and boosters. Shortly after, I migrated over to the non-rated rooms and soon after joined up with some old, old school top cho clans. Before I get into that though, I must pay my respects! A short list of players I still remember from the rated rooms till this day are: gizmo51(played for a long time) - islandczar(loved playing small island dm maps with you) - SuPaDeaDLy(I think your name was Chris, but you were cool af - and I had high amounts of respect for anyone who got in SuPa early on in AoE’s first years) - Quantum (Tim was your name, and I want to say you were in SuPa as well as another well known DM clan, however you were much more mature than I was at the time // so your studies broke you away from the game, but my memory of you teaching me the ins and outs of everything Macromedia Flash/Photoshop has yet to be forgotten. oLdsKooL was another clan in rated that had a high amount of respect from the other players, but when I think of clans zoners literally dreamed about being accepted to, nothing came close to Dumb World Wonderers (DWW) Which shortly before rated died off, and players like GOM_Da_dude were boosting their ratings into the 3000++, I vividly remember seeing players like pA_DiE & Aa_Ling coming in from non-rated to whoop some ■■■. Anyway, I could honestly type out an entire chronological piece on how everything began to surface from 1998 and on from the perspective of a top cho war player, but instead I’m going to drop my old handles or as we’d call em’ back in the day… “AkAs” and see if anyone remembers me. I would love to reconnect with my old friends. This game literally made up a solid portion of my childhood life, so as nerdy and pathetic as that sounds, all-in-all I truly embrace how it saved my mindset of being the oldest child in poor, divorced home, and quickly re-directed it to being distracted and entertained.

My AkAs/Handles from the Zone:

Spy_Tree
My_Hope
Heaven_skaters
VFC_Thug
Nbk_Phantom
Atomic_Cigg
Creepy_Thug
mexih

close friends I lost contact with:
dirtih / dirtiii
SoLiD_SniPeR
My_PlaneT/Bakani

3 Likes

Loved the Zone. _Christopher here, ran Tsunami Studios Online and had an awesome rpg for its day that I lost forever unfortunately. Always in the Custom scenario rooms.

Alright, Alright, Alright!!

Whoa, another LORD clan member!? No way! A 20 year reunion, awesome!