AOE II Dawn of the Dukes: Bohemians and Poles

You are right. Bohemians did not build brick buildings because here is a lot of stone to build from. So they should have a different set but probably from simplification reasons they dont have. I can live with it.

Also we are not “eastern” but “central”. But its neverending discussion :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The turm “Eastern” depends on PoV but also it changes in relation to adding new civs to the game. Before the Forgotten expansion during the AoC times the ES devs concidered teutons, goths, huns, vikings set for “Eastern European” as there were no slavs an magyars even. With the FE expansion this architecture set was renamed to Centreal European as magyars/slavs shared another.

6 Likes

True. Geographically. But I take it more generally together with habits, architectures styles etc. For me “Eastern” means “less castles”, more light/archer cavalry, more steppe tactics, habits influenced by Byzantines for example (could be religion but also architecture style of important buildings).

For this Bohemians are definitely Central… as I said elsewhere without Hussites Bohemians are Teutons :smiley:

2 Likes

11 Likes

In Game I would assign them a continent based on their campaigns. All of your examples are enterily european.

IRL it is not very complicated,

Byz were for the most time both, they kept and Empire around Constantinopla

Cumans too, but eventually they were pushed to eastern europe

Huns, euro civ, since their empire was mostly submitted euro tribes

1 Like

Well tbh the current Central European archiecture style is a mess if not for the Teutons. The Goths were everywhere in Europe depending on the time period. Huns would be nomads and Vikings should have smth completely different.

5 Likes

True, the previous already had a woman on the cover.
It makes sense too, most of the prominent women rulers in History, have been European. It is more a facet of European cultures.

6 Likes

price confirmation

3 Likes

Wasnt this DLC focused on Eastern Europe?
But they added two more central Europe civs?!

2 Likes

She’s not in the center, ergo Dawn of the Dukes is the first one to do it.

I’m not sure though who the character on the left is in African Kingdoms:

He is supposedly Ethiopian, by the crown design.

3 Likes

I would have given Central European to Bohemians personally. Just because of architecture set balance too.

EDIT: I meant Bohemians, not Poles sorry.

3 Likes

The design for the Polish castle is from the Bedzin Castle:

7 Likes

Well really it doesn’t matter.

Just a thought but Rus’ should get Krepost yay or nay

Ritterbruder for the win!
Or mounted Halbbruder!

1 Like

This is easily the coolest looking unit I’ve ever seen.

17 Likes

I see a hero on a bear?
Are those Slavic keep towers?
New bombard cannon?
Awesome war wagons!!

Where? (20 char limit)

OMG…

The night before the official release,Before going to bed, I suddenly discovered that the Duke of Eastern Europe I mentioned a few months ago may not be the Grand Duke of Rus at all. I thought it was Kievan Rus,and Bohemia was a duchy before the kingdom was founded!

Sure enough, my idea came true the next day.

I want Kievan Rus…qwq

Kievan Rus is our Slavs civ from the UU to the wonder they picked. Also Orthodoxy kinda hints at Eastern Slavs too.

10 Likes