[AOE3 DE] [BUG] Troops getting stuck in the ditches, cliffs, Water, buildings & Native Settlements

Hi everyone :wave:
This is the first issue that I’m reporting here.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: v. 201.12.1840.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The problem I am experiencing is related to the troops.
My troops, enemy’s troops or even Gia units get stuck in buildings, cliffs and sometimes even fall into the cracks.
They also suddenly jumps on the cliff and get stuck there as there is no way to get down. :confused:
I have attached some screenshots and a clip so that you can understand it better. :smiley:

[EDIT #1]

• Even Ships are getting stuck inside the cliffs and also jumping off the water straight on the cliff.
  • Animals are also falling into the chasms
  • Villagers are getting stuck inside the buildings.
  • Troops are also getting stuck in the water.

[EDIT #2]

• In the Campaign: Act I - Into the Cave, troops are getting stuck in the cave.
  • [Most Frequent] Troops getting stuck in Native Settlements & Trading Post Zone.
  • In the Campaign, sometimes, Hero get stuck while building Trading Post. :expressionless:

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time. In all the matches I play (ALWAYS) :frowning_face:

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Train troops in large quantity.
  2. March them near a cliff or a Gulf. Cliff which has no path to get on the top.
  3. Also during the battle near the cliff or crack makes some unit to climb on or fall in respectively.
  4. Can also occur while marching/fighting near a Native Settlement.
  5. Can be reproduced even while building Trading Post. Builder/Hero may get stuck in the TP.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & VIDEO

In the above video it can clearly be seen that an Aztec troop got stuck in a Gulf and then two of British Cavalries fell and jumped back up. And in the end Aztec Hero fell into the Ditch and came out like a champ. :joy:

:arrow_forward: CONCLUSION

Although this issue doesn’t affect the gameplay or performance of the game, atleast not for me. But it still need developers’ attention because it may create problem in the campaign’s scenarios where we dont get to build a city and rely on the troops that are already given to us. Also it might hugely affect the outcome of the game in multiplayer.

19 Likes

Can second that; I’ve even had entire armies get stuck inside of water, because they’d walked off a cliff and glitched through the map

1 Like

I have had similar issues too. I got a bunch of units stuck on cliffs, seemingly scaling cliffs impossibly, and stuck on a trading post. I tried deleting the trading post, but the units were still stuck and I could not rebuild the trading post. Morgan Black was one of the units stuck. These issues have happened in at least two campaign scenarios so far and is bad enough it makes the game significantly less desirable to play.

1 Like

@JohanDeKoln yeah in the Campaign, it’s gonna suck. It happens with me in every match i play in Skirmish.

Let’s hope the Full Version will not have these issues. It’s acceptable since it’s a beta version. I have lots of bugs to report but I am waiting for the original game release.

I have a similar issue with units spawning at the town center. If I play a card or tech up and an outpost wagon spawns at the town center - it can get stuck inside previous spawns (e.g. food pile). I have to wait for my villagers to consume the resource before the unit can finally be moved.

2 Likes

@TehLethys happened with me lol. Let’s just wait for the full version to come out. May they have already addressed these issues in the coming version.

1 Like

I think I have a related issue to note.

• BUILD #: Unsure. Latest streaming beta

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
When I play on Andes and build units from the Inca minor settlement, if the rally point is on the other side of the native town, the units will path through the town and get stuck inside of it. Once stuck, there is no way to get them out.

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

1. Build TP on Inca minor settlement.
  2. Set rally point behind the settlement.
  3. Make units.
  4. Watch units get stuck and then try to get them unstuck.
  5. Cry while your opponent crushes you as you try to fight without your native allies.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The units should path around the minor native town as in AOE3. Alternatively, they can path through the town as long as they don’t get stuck.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

They got stuck. See attached image.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

No game files available as I have already deleted the game, I apologize.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

2 Likes

Release version is set for today let’s see if it is fixed.
@Luciton

1 Like

Yes, this is one of those issues that should be a pretty quick fix. All depends on how high up on the Trello board it makes it. :slightly_smiling_face:

There is something wrong with the rigid body. Two rigid bodies are collapsing. Like the native settlement. Troops should not go inside boundary should be set for the body. Idk something similar maybe
@Luciton

it would be good that if this is not fixed, at least troop could die instantly when falling, that would makes us avoid cliff and adding more strategy to the game

1 Like

man , i know youll come back when they fix this, every game has errores and must be improving each day, i hope they fix this really really quick
but i just cant believe, that these errores were not attended, this bugs have always existed, its like being completely blind, maybe because there is new people working on age of empires, but i think that the developers that did the game first had knowledge about this bugs.
whatever, devs should just fix it quickly, so people dont get upset and dissapointed

at least they should say “we are working on that already!” when opening the game

Don’t worry - I’m not going anywhere! Been playing since 2005. Seen many bugs since then. This one isn’t enough by itself to put me off. :wink:

I think this bug has been fixed. Have played several matches but didn’t see any troop getting stuck anywhere. Really good! I will confirm after playing the exact same map again.

• BUILD #: 201.12.1840.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Units (in my case always cavarly), when passing through the area dedicated to the trading post building of native camps, get stuck in a specific point and cannot move anymore.
This problem persists both if the trading post is built, not built and even if there are only foundations.

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 50% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

1. Bring some cavarly units near a native settlement (in front of the construction site).
  2. Move those units inside the are of the construction site, near the settlement tent.
  3. Try to move those same units away

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Units should be able to move away from the construction camp.

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Units cannot move in any circumstances, forcing the player to kill them.

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

3 Likes

I’ve had this issue, too.

With about 20 Puma Spearman I destroyed a standard trading post (not a native one) and then wanted to move to another place. The Puma were stuck and could not be moved for a few minutes. I tried to move them later gain, in different directions and managed to get about 10 of them moving away from the place. The rest was still stuck.

1 Like

Ive had vills getting stuck in trading posts slots in about 1 every 4 games

2 Likes

• BUILD #: streaming event beta “microsoft_multiplayer”

While commanding a couple of spread out units to move to a single point near a coin mine, one unit pathed into a coin mine and could not path out. This was done playing Incas with the warchief and two converted outlaw blowgunners

Only seen once

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

1. Have several spread-out units converge to a point adjacent to a coin mine
  2. Wait for units to get in formation (bug will occur here)
  3. Command formation to move. A unit in the mine will not exit

Units should not be able to enter coin mines

Units entered coin mines, got stuck

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

Not preserved. Game crashed due to graphics driver issue (not DE related, due to weird hardware set-up).

2 Likes

[This post has been withdrawn.]

3 Likes