[AOE3 DE] [BUG] Troops getting stuck in the ditches, cliffs, Water, buildings & Native Settlements

I have the same issue

2 Likes

I think for now we should all keep our explores away from Trading posts, I am sure this is a native trick to steal our head-skin!

1 Like

villagers and troops also get stuck in this and sometime barracks/warhuts for me

My Explorer got stuck in a group of trees. I had to have villagers cut them down.

During my last game this explorer got downed. When I tried to build a trade post on the build site it said it was obstructed and couldn’t be built. The game before I had a huntable deer stuck inside a trade post zone and I couldn’t build a trade post. This is happening very frequently in my games.

4 Likes

I have had my Crossbowman teleported into an unreachable spot on the seccond mission, it seems AOE3: DE has some issues with pathfinding of the AI and collision detection.

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Careful when moving units around with your explorer, they will clip into the corners of the trading post and become members of the flying Dutchman, and never leave (better hope their raged fighters)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. have an army or a small group of soldiers and select them all
  2. have the explorer selected and build a trading post
    3.the units will surround the post (as they naturally do) and no clip into the corners or the trading post or the area around
    4.(this can also be done when moving an army through it)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Become free men

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

Part of the crew, part of the ship
(there is a slight chance that the units, if ranged fighters, may continue attacking from the post where they clipped into the trading post)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Hi AnkitSaiyan,

It has affected gameplay for me. As units can get stuck in walls or unreachable spots and can’t move out of them, meaning you lose a couple of units. Which can mean the difference between winning a match or losing it!

Yours Truly,
MainAkkount

1 Like

This was a problem in the first beta, kinda sad that it hasn’t been fixed

1 Like

@MainAkkount
It has affected gameplay for me. As units can get stuck in walls or unreachable spots and can’t move out of them, meaning you lose a couple of units. Which can mean the difference between winning a match or losing it!

I know. And for multiplayer it’s gonna suck. I was just talking about the Skirmish.

@IndraAU
This was a problem in the first beta, kinda sad that it hasn’t been fixed

I think this bug is still there. Though I haven’t encountered it again but i saw enemy troops stuck in the water.
One thing is clear that this issue is happening alot near the trading post area.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: ######
  • PLATFORM: Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing that sometimes some units pass across or besides a native settlement or a trade post and they stay stucked and dont can fixed, so the only way to realese that population slot is to kill them.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Sent a unit across or besides a native settlement o trading post
  2. This unit will stay stuck in that place

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The units doesnt stay stucked in that places.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

The units stay stucked in native settlements and trading post.

3 Likes

I want to add that not only happens with the native settlements, also with trees and barracks, sometimes the units “get” inside the enemy building (they do not take shelter, they literally go through the building and get trapped)

Just happen with me too, my spies and my war dogs got stuck on a native settlement and i lost all my units to the ranged units of my enemy.

1 Like

Yeah, for me it happened in the second mission:
Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

This Crossbowman just teleported up there, couldn’t move anywhere cause he isn’t supposed to even be there. Not that one Crossbowman is vital to my mission success, but it’s still stupid non the less!

2 Likes

i am experiencing the same

1 Like

:frowning:

3 Likes

how long more to be fixed?
i couldnt build tc, if u developers cannot fix this, at least make an option to kill explorer using SUPR

2 Likes

This bug is going crazy… Everyone is facing it especially on the congested areas like in the caves, Native settlements etc. Idk if there developers are even checking it out. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP!

1 Like

I’ve seen animals get stuck in trading post sockets as well as mines.

Seems to be everywhere.