[AOE3 DE] [BUG] Troops getting stuck in the ditches, cliffs, Water, buildings & Native Settlements

@Toil3tJuice
Yep, every Gia units get stucked. Guardians too.

I was playing New Orleans ,Historical Battles and i shipped mercs ,my tc shipment point was on the mine & this happened ,the recreation is simple do the same as above it happens everytime ,the issue is pathfinding prolly and getting stuck if there are too many units like 20 units approx ,pls fix asap ,ty.

I have uploaded video file for it above.

my serows turned into iberian ibexes
age of evolution

3 Likes

I’ve developed a reflex habit of just deleting whichever units get stuck in the native settlements I happen to be walking by at this point. It’s far too common.

HELLO EVERYONE! Just to make sure there’s an official post in here, I can confirm that we are tracking this issue and looking for ways to prevent your soldiers from wandering / digging / climbing / teleporting their way into otherwise inaccessible areas. Hang tight, keep the examples coming (as they arise), and watch for a fix in the near-ish future!

7 Likes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: v.100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
one cannon go under the sea, guess i created a submarine

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

on the land?

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

go right in the see, need to rescue by ship

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

1 Like

• BUILD #: ######

cant gather sources of an animal that goes over the mountain

always near a mountain

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. kill animals and make them run near a mountain

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

animals dont get on the mountain

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?
i lose the game

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

these are serows they are not iberian ibexes

3 Likes

Please note that beta footage remains under NDA and should remain confidential. Thank you for your understanding.

i thought we are free to discuss since the game is released now

Insiders are free to discuss the state of the game on release and afterwards. Not free to discuss the state of the game during the beta.

1 Like

Yes because it was public.

1 Like

I experienced the same issue, right after my explorer finished to build trading post with other 4 units from his gruop. After I tried to move them, they got stuck inside native building.

I’ve had the same issues various times.

i’d say it does affect the gameplay a lot because you lose units… and if it’s a valuable unit such as a mercenary, artillery unit or Hero then you are probably getting a huge disadvantage

1 Like

This bug is there in the campaign, and/or there are also huge pathfinding problems, because the AI will build a ton of units in its base and they are all there, not moving, only attacking when I’m in range.
Steam, build 3552.

At the moment, I can’t play the campaign, too many bugs there.

My explorer stuck there too, and I have no way to save it cause I cant just kill them like other units!

Once I my half of the army just crossed douple cliffs and the other half was not able to. Such a weird bug.

• BUILD #: 3552

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
After revolting as America from Britain in a multiplayer 1v1 match, I selected all of my revolutionary units to exit out of my base. While they passed along the barracks, some of them (5) got stuck inside it.

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

dive horseman

The Flying Dutchman

1 Like