Aoe3de has more people online than aoe4, our dream has come true

how can AOE4 even be compared to AOE3DE. such an incomplete game it is a shame to have AOE4 part of the franchise.

6 Likes

Yes, i agree with this and also the graphic have been a very divisive element. About this aspect Aoe4 It was a downgrade in comparison to AOE3de. I had Great hopes for this game. Too much disappointment. Hope the next title will be a very next generation RTS .

7 Likes

Don’t celebrate it early. Current players will down and less than AoE4 monday because it was free.

ni tanto, el numero d jugadores que oscilaban en el age 3 antes de que fuera gratis ya rondaba los 6k, lo único que hizo este fin de semana fue aumentar los números un 50% así que caerá, si pero no tanto como el age 4, además quien te garantiza que mucha de esa gente no se comprara el juego también?

You must be blind. Aoe4 is actually spectacular looking in terms of graphics.

those archers in aoe4 sure git gud, 90 degree no miss. skillz

1 Like

现在看来,刻意复制帝国2的玩法与要素、relic敷衍的态度以及龟速更新让帝国时代4得到了现在的“成就”。
不过aoe3de反超aoe4的玩家在线量对帝国时代系列不见得是啥好事

4 Likes

We are still up. So, Microsoft, where is our Wololo spot?

3 Likes

Currently AoE3 DE still has more players.

Kudos to Project Celeste BTW, there are 43 players online, and 12 from steam.

This is why I feared with Relic after the DoW3 fiasco, they just take too much time to bring content, AoE2 has brought 3 DLC, AoE3 has brought 2 DLC and 2 standalone civs, AoE4 hasn’t brought any content since launch. At this point they need an expansion, and bring all time favorites, bring Japan, bring Byzantines, bring Aztecs

12 Likes

Me too… I think AoE 3 DE is in its best shape like it hasn’t been since its original release…

8 Likes

Of course… I think AoE 3 DE is in its best shape like it hasn’t been since its original release…

Yes, it is not so much the budget, but FE is divided into two teams: one is in charge of AoE 2 and the other of AoE 3 together with Tantalus…

1 Like

This point is very debatable. Sure, at first glance AoE4 looks beautiful to the eye, however, after a while you realize that there is very little variety within the game. All maps look similar, with very few whimsical elements like fauna, geography, or exotic trees. It is a very functional game with very little flair. It feels prosaic and functional, with none of the sense of wonder or discovery that is all over AoE3.

21 Likes

Um… I dont know man. Looks very green and generic to me. No real world elements outside of those things you can gather resources from. Tree, deer, sheep, wolf thats it.

How about bison in some map? Or tigers? Or a group of ducks waddling in a lake? Nope…

They cut down on decorating the maps.

The maps dont feel like a real place, feels like something in a game.

10 Likes

Yes, we do not play it because it is not like aoe 3, but more is expected of the game for the name and legacy that it carries on it…

Of course, or even the aoe online, where you can customize the clothes of your troops according to the level you are…

Vegeta would be proud of aoe 3…

1 Like

Another interesting thing is that approximately 1 month ago, there is more activity in this subforum than in the others.

Normally there is more activity in 4 followed by 2.

8 Likes

Nor was it very difficult xd… both games are developed by the same people…

Me too, even though I wanted it in the twentieth century, I said well it will be a medieval aoe 3, but nop… I said well at least the campaigns will be good, but even less… I grabbed, got tired and went to aoe online and so happy playing with the Greeks in the Trojan War…

1 Like