Attack move deselects the Unit

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.5208.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.
With the newest patch: Attack move deselects my selected units.
FIX PLS! It s so annoying

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make a military unit
  2. Attack move and click somewhere
  3. Unit is now deselected and you have to select them again

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The unit still being selected

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?
Unit is no longer selected

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

6 Likes

I have the same problem here!

Thank you for the report! This issue has been submitted for review by the team. If anyone else is experiencing it, please continue to make note below with any additional information and evidence you can provide.

Thanks again!

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #: last Patch 5208
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Every time i give an order, like attack move or a build order without shift clicking, the unit gets deselcted after that. extremely annoying when building and kiting. takes a lot of extra micro now.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

ALWAYS

2 Likes

My units are being deselected when I attack move. my bills also become deselected when I got to build.
Why has this only just starting to happen to me now? Did I change settings in a way to make this happen?
I’ve restored default hotkeys and verified my game files and the problem is still there. Does anyone have knowledge on how to fix this?

nvm I found out to disable allow conflicts.

1 Like

Hello friends! Circling around to confirm that we are still investigating this internally. In the meantime, there are two suggested workarounds to the issue:

• In the settings menu, you can disable the “Allow Conflict” setting in the legacy hotkeys menu.
  • Use Attack Move and then right-click.

Note that the first solution may cause issues with your custom hotkeys, but is a temporary fix while the team works to identify, build, test, and implement a permanent solution.

Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

I found all left click actions will deselect units, building, attack move etc. By my programming experience, it seems the game logic was changed that it won’t stop propagation after issuing a command (it’s like it will always act as normal left click at the end). It makes building a line of wall very difficult. Hope it can get a fix soon.

I tried this workaround before coming to this post and found that disabling Allow Conflicts causes its own problem, at least for Legacy Controls.

Certain buildings of different types which ordinarily share a key (Barracks/Blockhouses/War Academies, Stables/Caravanserai, War Huts, Community Plazas, Houses/Longhouses/Shrines/Kancha Houses/Torps, Docks, etc.) cannot be quickly reached via control-hotkey, thanks to the conflicts over those different varieties no longer being allowed.
Oddly, the Church/Mosque/Monastery did not have this problem, even with the Dutch Church for Japan.

when left click atack move the unit reomved from the ui (cam’t give them another order going back for example)

Hey @GMEvangelos,

I hope you have noticed, the ‘Allow Conflicts’ option also disables wall building as mentioned here:

As a note, this issue was fixed as of Update 6159:

If it continues to be a problem, please open a new thread with additional details and information that can be passed along to the team for review.

Thanks for all the reports! :+1:

2 Likes